Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Myer service sucks compared to when I used to work there as a student (albeit almost 20 years ago).

Back then we used to have 4 staff on duty in our section every Saturday, nowdays I regularly find desks with a little placard saying "please go to counter X for service in this area" and no one around for miles. I know retail margins are tight at the moment but it's getting ridculous.

I had another glance at the Lego in my local Myer after my quick, targeted strike on Friday and the exclusive stock levels were down quite a bit, although they still seemed to have at least one or two copies of each.

Hey guys

I have started a blog that i would like you guys to look at and help shape it.

It is in My profile if your interested

I have compiled a rundown of all our local Toy Sales that are and will be going on this week, just focusing on the exclusives to each store with a couple of special mentions with prices to good to pass up on.

Edited by TanTile

does anybody have a Zavvi 10% off code they're not intending to use?

Target at Warringah Mall have all of the toy sale stock out, I counted 20+ R2D2 !!! they also had 50+ Monster hunters ghost train out, currently at $69.88 but I am sure it will be further reduced.. It is the most Toy sale stock I have seen put out there in the past 5 years.

Did they have any Arkham Asylum sets?

Anyone know if there is anywhere local (either in Perth or selling online locally without big shipping charges on a small item) that sells the LEGO minifig key-rings? Not the stupid ones with the torch, the ones that are actual minifigs. I used to have a Cop keyring which broke and I want to get a new one :) (not necessarily a cop though, just something non-licensed)

I could search Bricklink but there are so many key-rings and so many Aussie stores that its hard to find who has one (and who has one for sale without charging big $ for it)

Edited by jonwil

Anyone know if there is anywhere local (either in Perth or selling online locally without big shipping charges on a small item) that sells the LEGO minifig key-rings? Not the stupid ones with the torch, the ones that are actual minifigs. I used to have a Cop keyring which broke and I want to get a new one :) (not necessarily a cop though, just something non-licensed)

I could search Bricklink but there are so many key-rings and so many Aussie stores that its hard to find who has one (and who has one for sale without charging big $ for it)

Contact Toy Corner in Adelaide, they have stacks of minifig keyrings.

I just asked K-Mart Maddington WA about the Haunted House and they said never seen or heard of it. So the rang Belmont and Cannington and they said the same. Plus I have been casing out the Armadale store and it hasn't shown up there. I'm getting quite frustrated now!

I just asked K-Mart Maddington WA about the Haunted House and they said never seen or heard of it. So the rang Belmont and Cannington and they said the same. Plus I have been casing out the Armadale store and it hasn't shown up there. I'm getting quite frustrated now!

Why not just order it online? Its up on their Site http://www.kmart.com.au/product/lego-monsters-haunted-house/122874

The K-Mart availability tracker lists it as "available" at Carousel, best option is to actually GO to carousel K-Mart and if its not on the shelf, talk to someone in the toy section who can go back into the stockroom and look for it. Thats what I did at Morley to get mine (asked about it and someone in the toy section went into the back room and found one)

Other stores in the area list as "maybe available but call to make sure first" (which is code for "dont waste the effort" in my experience)

I spent this weekend visiting 5 kmarts in the Northside Brisbane area looking for a Haunted House, had no luck. On lunch today I thought I should check the Toowong Kmart and tadaa! There was 2 sitting on the shelf. I put one on laybuy so if anyone is looking for one there is one left at Toowong Kmart!

Why not just order it online? Its up on their Site http://www.kmart.com...ed-house/122874

I tried to do that but it said item no longer available, please check to see if it is available in stores.

Huh! I didnt think to click on add to cart... just assumed it was available.. you know what they.. my bad.

Hey, does anyone know where I can buy a copy of the Palace Theatre modular? I have checked my local David Jones and Myers who usually stock modulars and they don't seem to know anything about this one........

If it follows on from last years Town Hall, David Jones will probably get the Palace Cinema later in the year.

Also, Big W in Riverton seems to have all its toy sale stock out now except the Death Star. They also have stock of the LOTR Orc Forge if anyone wants one of those.

Edited by jonwil

Hey, does anyone know where I can buy a copy of the Palace Theatre modular? I have checked my local David Jones and Myers who usually stock modulars and they don't seem to know anything about this one........

Try Galaxy Toys in Adelaide, I saw one on their shelves a week and half ago. :wink:

Okay guys and gals I pose a question, what would you buy with a $250 Lego budget? I'm totally torn between what to buy this silly season. You guys keep saying how good HH is but that's all my budget and I think I want some variety, though I will mostly buy city or creator sets

I bought 1 x HE from Myer online the other day and a few little things from DJ's just so I didn't miss out on them, but we are hitting the BIG smoke this Friday (due to all the toy sales being on) and I'm taking my cash to get some bargains. My son has a $100 budget too so it's going to be great.

Does anyone know what time the target sales starts online? Is it 9pm like Big W's or is it 12.01 a.m on Wednesday morning. I remember last year I woke at 6 a.m and it was on.

Target sale online started today at 12pm! Has the LR train in the catalogue for $119 but online it's $111! Not sure if its a mistake but its a few more $$ saved!

Thanks for the advice you guys, my partner called Myer and had to debate quite a bit with the woman on the phone, who told him he'd need to come up there with the voucher (we're in Northern NSW and a trip up to the Gold Coast just to fix someone else's mistake is out of the question) and he had to demand that she change the price for him now, and she finally caved. Talk about stubborn! Why do staff from these stores try so hard to protect their corporate overlords income from poor customers trying to get a small discount? It's not like they personally lose anything!

I was also very lucky today, my local K-Mart had two Haunted Houses on the shelf, so I finally got to put one on layby! I feel like I can finally settle now that I have locked one down, I loved the Monster Fighters line and couldn't miss out on the Haunted House.

I was wondering if anyone knew about a few of Target's policies. I have noticed that some people have been able to get Target to match prices from Myer's 20%+10%-off toy sale prices, getting sets cheaper now than they would if they waited for Target's sale. I was wondering what the magic password is to actually get them to match a price from another store? Also, if I bought something before their sale at full price, is there any way they will give me a partial refund for the difference in the original and sale price, or should I just return the item and re-purchase it at the sale price?

Have a Arkham Asylum on layby now from Target. They are charging $5 layby fee rather than usual $2

Dropped in at my local Big W today - they had a gazillion Town Squares and Creator Houses out and a scattering of Orc Forges and Jedi Interceptors. No sign of any Death Stars or LOTOR Boardgames though.

I picked up the Batman movie on Blu Ray with the Kent minifig for c$20. No sign of the DVD version although I'm assuming they're holding that back for the sale.

does anybody have a Zavvi 10% off code they're not intending to use?

Did they have any Arkham Asylum sets?

No, they had no Arkham's out, I checked again today and still none..

Must be saving them for the sale.