Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

8069 Technic Backhoe Loader down to $30 at K-mart, 70% off

Darn. I went looking for that without success. I'll look again tomorrow.

Darn. I went looking for that without success. I'll look again tomorrow.

Same here, my sister went to the K-mart at Browns Plains on my behalf and they didn't have any :cry_sad: Ah well next time...

Guess what I found in TRU TTP today,

6857-1.jpg

A hundred bucks though and they had only SIX of them ! :hmpf_bad:

Dam it I wish I had the spare cash but I don't. :cry_sad:

Guess what I found in TRU TTP today,

A hundred bucks though and they had only SIX of them ! :hmpf_bad:

Dam it I wish I had the spare cash but I don't. :cry_sad:

That REALLY isn't worth $100....

I too was shocked when the girl stacking the Lego shelves at TRU went to check the price, she claim they have had them for a week....funny no shelf talker strip or price indicator for it. Are what TRU doing legal ? Only they can stock an item, call it whatever price it is, make a high profit from it not being a general release set. Exclusives at Target or Kmart generally follow the Lego S@H price (bad as it can be at times itself), why should TRU increase it's price when no one can compete against them on the same product. I wonder what the Trade Practises Act would have anything for or against TRU's actions.

Edited by lightningtiger

I too was shocked when the girl stacking the Lego shelves at TRU went to check the price, she claim they have had them for a week....funny no shelf talker strip or price indicator for it. Are what TRU doing legal ? Only they can stock an item, call it whatever price it is, make a high profit from it not being a general release set. Exclusives at Target or Kmart generally follow the Lego S@H price (bad as it can be at times itself), why should TRU increase it's price when no one can compete against them on the same product. I wonder what the Trade Practises Act would have anything for or against TRU's actions.

It's not illegal. You can sell a product or service for whatever you want.

It's not illegal. You can sell a product or service for whatever you want.

Er, no and that's from personal experience myself. :sadnew:

Please explain.

My own business got caught up with a complaining customer, I was told by the powers to be (Department Of Fair Trade) that mark ups had to be a reasonable percentage. That's all I can say about, just in case one day I get taken to the cleaners on it. :cry_sad:

Back On Topic, TRU have selected sets on sale as of 18th.....Wampa Cave 59.99, city forest police 99.99, city alarm game 24.99 and battle of hoth game 39.99. There is also some Ninjago and Hero Factory on sale too.

My own business got caught up with a complaining customer, I was told by the powers to be (Department Of Fair Trade) that mark ups had to be a reasonable percentage. That's all I can say about, just in case one day I get taken to the cleaners on it. :cry_sad:

Er, why ask the question in the first place if you already "know" the answer? I expect you have some other circumstances to your story as no one can tell you what margin or price you Have to sell your product or service for, that in itself would be illegal. What is a reasonable percentage? Can we sue the eBay sellers who are making 400% markup on the 10179 Millenium Falcon? I don't think so..

As for people complaining about pricing (I do it too) just vote with your feet, people can and will sell a product for a price that makes them money and suits the demand. I no longer shop at Toys R Unts because of this (and their abysmal service).

Remember that the prices Lego sets are only the RECOMMENDED retail prices (RRP). Retailers are under no compunction to offer them for sale at that price, just as customers can't be compelled to buy at a certain price.

No WAY that thing is worth $100.

The Shop @ Home RRP is more than DOUBLE The US Shop @ Home RRP and then TRU is charging an even HIGHER price?

Its not illegal nor should it be.

I dont understand how retailers can claim on the one hand that "online sales are killing us" and then on the other hand charge such high prices...

No WAY that thing is worth $100.

The Shop @ Home RRP is more than DOUBLE The US Shop @ Home RRP and then TRU is charging an even HIGHER price?

Its not illegal nor should it be.

I dont understand how retailers can claim on the one hand that "online sales are killing us" and then on the other hand charge such high prices...

Your spot on with "online sales are killing us" but they'll forever cry that they never make enough even thought they charge double!!!!

The reality check is coming their way............... online sales are here to last and I'll be buying from overseas any chance I get

since I hate being ripped off. Drop your prices retailers and you'll get more sales and more people through the door.

Your spot on with "online sales are killing us" but they'll forever cry that they never make enough even thought they charge double!!!!

The reality check is coming their way............... online sales are here to last and I'll be buying from overseas any chance I get

since I hate being ripped off. Drop your prices retailers and you'll get more sales and more people through the door.

Yeah I was eyeing off that exclusive shopping at home hulk minifigure, I figured I'd buy the 3 cheapest marvel superheroes sets I wanted from there and get the minifig...until I realised it would cost me literally double the price than if I ordered from someone on bricklink charging US RRP. It will work out cheaper to do that and then just buy the hulk minifigure on bricklink for $30 (if it follows other exclusives prices).

Er, why ask the question in the first place if you already "know" the answer? I expect you have some other circumstances to your story as no one can tell you what margin or price you Have to sell your product or service for, that in itself would be illegal. What is a reasonable percentage? Can we sue the eBay sellers who are making 400% markup on the 10179 Millenium Falcon? I don't think so..

As for people complaining about pricing (I do it too) just vote with your feet, people can and will sell a product for a price that makes them money and suits the demand. I no longer shop at Toys R Unts because of this (and their abysmal service).

The factors involved change, that the 10179...it's no longer avaliable and eBay is more like private buying/selling (yeah, I know businesses use it too) rules governing eBay a little different....good old supply and demand, short supply + high demand = $$$$$$.

Where as retailers or service providers it's all to do with competition in the market place, note the pricing on say the forest police station way under the rrp at BigW but on the beam at say Toyworld, but not over it. Then there is the funhouse, over priced and available at only one chain store, no chance for the price to become lower through competition. I know for a fact I can also get the funhouse else where imported in, but it's the same price mostly likely through shipping costs etc.,.

I agree with TRU's customer service, I feel it has dropped in the last 12 months. Personally I avoid going into a TRU, unless I have to. :blush:

I picked up the Alien Mothership today for $50 from BigW Golden Grove (Adelaide). It was the last set on the shelves, and I don't know if it's available for $50 elsewhere or if it was just a local "manager's special" or somesuch.

Earth Defense HQ was $100 at the same BigW, but is currently $99 at Kmart. If it drops down to $80 I might pick one up, if they're still available then.

David Jones have a "buy 2 or more toys and get 25% off sale" until the 23rd of April.

David Jones have a "buy 2 or more toys and get 25% off sale" until the 23rd of April.

For those that want to visit the Adelaide store, they had one Queen Anne's Revenge there half an hour ago and $150 is probably as good a deal as you'll find in Aus now. They also had plenty of Architecture sets, and a surprising amount of Friends sets. Oh and Battle of Hoth for those that haven't been able to track it down on sale elsewhere.

I picked up the Alien Mothership today for $50 from BigW Golden Grove (Adelaide). It was the last set on the shelves, and I don't know if it's available for $50 elsewhere or if it was just a local "manager's special" or somesuch.

Earth Defense HQ was $100 at the same BigW, but is currently $99 at Kmart. If it drops down to $80 I might pick one up, if they're still available then.

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up an alien mother ship from the BigW Calamvale here in Brisbane, there was one other left.

There were heaps of those 10215 UCS Obi wan star fighters on the shelf, a little pricey at $100, if it goes down to $70 it might get my attention...

Myer Brisbane City had a couple of sets on 50% off marked priced table

Cars Big Ben set - marked at $90, so I guess $45 after 50% off

ninjago charater #2175, Wyplash for $9, down to $4.50

Thank you for the update. I finally got a Modular Pet Shop from DJ Castle Hill.

Thank you for the update. I finally got a Modular Pet Shop from DJ Castle Hill.

For those in South East Queensland, there are no Pet Shops left at The local DJs (city, robina, carindale, chermside, toowong, garden city).

For those in South East Queensland, there are no Pet Shops left at The local DJs (city, robina, carindale, chermside, toowong, garden city).

Now you tell me. I went to the Carindale store yesterday hoping to find one, but to no avail. Ended up walking out with lots of baseplates, Car and Camper (4435) and Satellite Launch Pad (3366)-because my daughter wanted a rocket to match mine from the space centre. I'm not sure they were worth it though, the two sets were still 22.45, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them for 22 elsewhere, but what's 45c when it comes to Lego.

I an glad I checked my receipt though as the woman forgot to put the 25% discount through and I had to go back.