Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Nice :thumbup: Do you know if that's an extra 10 % off starting from Thursday already?

The extra 10% off starts Thursday and ends on Saturday. Online extra discount code is "junetoy11" for myer one members. If you're not a member you can probably still sign up and get your number but not your card and that's all you should need.

By the way some sets are already up on the myer website including the Tower Bridge with $8 shipping. I'm not sure if you can get the extra 10% with the code online or not, but this and the big technic set are already at the reduced price.

Edited to correct hasty mistake!

Edited by hewman

And Myer comes to the party :) Myer One gets you an extra 10% off your Lego.

Right at the start of the sale is good! Running Thursday through Sunday. So the prices of key items are now...

Imperial Flagship $197.10

Tower Bridge $287.10

Republic Frigate $143.10

Motorised Excavator $251.10

Ewok Attack $35.96

Hillside House $70.20

Lighthouse Island $50.36

City Passenger Train $161.10

Sort & Store Head $26.96

Queen Anne's Revenge $134.10

Flo's V8 Café $85.50

Big Bentley Bust-Out $89.10

It's a little more complicated than normal. The extra 10% off starts Thursday and ends on Saturday but you have to quote a special code on the presentation of your myer one card. Oh you want to know the code... junetoy11

No, you just present your card. The code is for ordering through the web site.

No, you just present your card. The code is for ordering through the web site.

My apologies, they just put it in the same sentence as 'present at store' and in my rush to read I put one and one together and got three!

Edit: I've just played around on website and it says collectable toys take 14-21 days to deliver, they don't give a definition that I can see though, but I'd expect the Tower Bridge to be collectable. Also the coupon code isn't valid yet.

Edited by hewman

Anyone know of any MYER stores (in WA) that have the Mindstorms NXT available and if so, at what price?

Edited by jonwil

I am strongly considering getting a second Tower Bridge at that price.....to keep MISB until it is discontinued :D

It's listed in the latest Lego catalogue as an exclusive (which is Big W). Also when they've had exclusives before they've stocked them very poorly. Examples include, Lightsaber duel, the castle skeleton warship in previous years, and last year their stocks of Luke's landspeeder and the pig farm didn't hang around long after the sale. So for those that haven't already got the sets it's very disappointing that Big W are the ones with the exclusive. And no, it's not an early exclusive like Toyworld have with the Kingdoms sets.

Ah well. This is still probably the first time in my memory that an entire line is exclusive.

I remember the torture trying to find Luke's Landspeeder in stores. It took around a whole week of continuous checking, even though the nearest Big W isn't that close. :tongue:

And yes, I've noticed that this thread is particularly popular. The high prices and often unexciting sales probably contribute a lot to that. :laugh:

I have a whole dedicated room with purpose built shelves for our display. I have a storage area filled with all the boxes but it is taking up lots of space. I think I might put them in the fireplace one day.

Do you any particular way of keeping MISB sets in good condition?

I find if you stand them up, the contents deform the box.

You can see this in shops with the larger modular sets. The blocks sink to the bottom and expand the cardboard. The Imperial Flagships I've seen at Myers were in terrible shape because of this.

Does that happen to your larger sets?

Do you any particular way of keeping MISB sets in good condition?

I find if you stand them up, the contents deform the box.

You can see this in shops with the larger modular sets. The blocks sink to the bottom and expand the cardboard. The Imperial Flagships I've seen at Myers were in terrible shape because of this.

Does that happen to your larger sets?

To be honest, I havent seen this. Where possible, I store the sets in there original boxes, but I have had a Death Star set for nearly 2 years and that box hasn't suffered any warping from being on its side. The annying thing for me is the seals not sticking over time on the older sets.

I might actually get the shuttle, even though I have the first one, $129 isn't that bad for 1200 pieces.

Was hoping K-Mart would drop the price of some of the Star Wars Lego. Pretty disappointing that the sale only shows the battle packs and the Imperial V Wing :cry_sad:

Well looks like more options for the toy sale, eBay is having a toy sale, not sure about the other themes, but the star wars ones are a couple of years old and hardly a good price, Looks inflated prices to cover free shipping.

http://deals.ebay.com.au/BigDealCat.aspx?cat=2

Edited by DarthSion

I might actually get the shuttle, even though I have the first one, $129 isn't that bad for 1200 pieces.

I have the first one also, but haven't built it, but I might get this one as well, it is a very good price for the parts.

Can someone clarify for me something? Are all these sales starting on Thursday (23rd)? Kmart catalogue just talks about the laybuy process, can we pick up and pay for these once the sale goes live?

Can someone clarify for me something? Are all these sales starting on Thursday (23rd)? Kmart catalogue just talks about the laybuy process, can we pick up and pay for these once the sale goes live?

Kmart's doesn't start until the 30th, this is a "preview". Myer has started there's already I believe, since you can get the discounted Tower Bridge set online.

Creationary is listed under the board games section. $35 - which is 30% off I believe. I noticed the sets are in the "Boys Toys" section...

I checked Myer to see what would be there for the upcoming sale. 9 Tower Bridges, 5 Imperial Flagships, 6 Technic yellow thingies, and only 3 Republic Frigates & Millennium Falcons. Don't like my chances there.

Creationary is listed under the board games section. $35 - which is 30% off I believe. I noticed the sets are in the "Boys Toys" section...

I checked Myer to see what would be there for the upcoming sale. 9 Tower Bridges, 5 Imperial Flagships, 6 Technic yellow thingies, and only 3 Republic Frigates & Millennium Falcons. Don't like my chances there.

Go in today and ask them to put stuff on hold until tomorrow. That's what I did last year to get the Imperial Flagship for the great price of $179.10.

My first B&N order arrived today, 4 weeks after shipping. Box was a mess. a couple of sets crushed but thankfully they were the ones for me that I am busting open tonight anyway. I'm fearful for my Mindstorms set though, am really hoping it comes in pristine condition but won't hold my breath.

My first B&N order arrived today, 4 weeks after shipping. Box was a mess. a couple of sets crushed but thankfully they were the ones for me that I am busting open tonight anyway. I'm fearful for my Mindstorms set though, am really hoping it comes in pristine condition but won't hold my breath.

Almost identical experience for me a couple of days ago (just a few days short of 4 weeks shipping time, with the $15.98 option). My stuff was packed in a much bigger box than needed, and even with plenty of air pillows, it still managed to get slightly crushed.

I think B&N must have a special crushing machine, similar to those things in Ikea that test drawers. :wink:

But for the huge saving (this order was during the 30% thingy) over the Australia Recommended Ripoff Price, I can probably iron out the crush when the box is flattened for storage.

Good luck everyone for the Myer sale tomorrow! Just wish I could get excited about Tower Bridge... It's no Taj Mahal.

Also, hope everyone saw that Kmart's got the Marina ready in a week.

Edited by dotmike

Good luck everyone for the Myer sale tomorrow! Just wish I could get excited about Tower Bridge... It's no Taj Mahal.

That is the same for me. I have been looking at it, but doubt I will get it. It's a nice discount, but it doesn't scream purchase. Taj Mahal did, but I had a limited Lego budget then so I missed out. I don't think I will think of that when I see the Bridge on the after market.

In my experience Myer One members can get the extra 10% off all Lego items, not just the ones in the catalog - at least I managed to get it earlier this year off the Battle of Endor during a similar sale.

Kmart Firle....4641 speed boat and 4642 fishing boat in stock, nothing at Ingle Farm, but Kmart T.T.P. two pallets sit with 4643 boat transport and 4645 harbour sets unwraps on said pallets.

Keep on looking everyone ! :grin:

Hm, looks like each store has gotten their own "exclusive" lego game (at least from what I can see from catalogues and store visits):

kmart: ufo attack

myer: atlantis

bigw: pirate plank

target: ? (didn't see anything yet)

The shuttle looks interesting but other than that, everything else at the K-Mart sale is pretty ordinary.

Pitty there is no sign of any Alien Conquest at the sales, that's the theme I am most waiting for :(

Okay, now this is only a hunch, but 3677 is a green star in the catalogue....August release as we were told months and months ago. What happens in the first week of August, the end of the Target toy sale and usually it's the second week where Lego sets just appear like magic....like the Star Wars sets did last year ! :grin: Like I said just a hunch and theory based on the past few years. :wink: