Alegrispa

The Lord of the Rings 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

(Hey y'all, I'm just gonna start a LotR topic since there still isn't one for some reason.)

This thread is dedicated to all LEGO related The Lord of the Rings (+possibly The Hobbit and The Rings of Power) discussion throughout 2023--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general LEGO The Lord of the Rings discussion. 

Enjoy! 

40630 | Frodo & Gollum | 14,99€

40631 | Balrog & Gandalf | 19,99€

D2C set (unverified Promobricks rumour) 

Edited by Alegrispa

If LEGO does not release 18+ style Architecture-style sets of the iconic locations of Middle Earth, they're basically throwing money away.  Give me Orthanc and Barad-Dur!

You know why there isn't a thread on it here. LOTR belongs in historic, and you posted on it before starting this thread.

Yeah, I am aware of that thread, that doesn't explain why there isn't one here where this discussion arguably belongs more than in "Historic" Themes. I made this one because there are people in the Licensed forum who aren't that active in the others and may not see that particular topic. If the mods disagree they can remove this thread, I really don't mind.

Your wording makes it sound like this is some sort of scheme.

2 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

that doesn't explain why there isn't one here where this discussion arguably belongs more than in "Historic" Themes. I made this one because there are people in the Licensed forum who aren't that active in the others and may not see that particular topic.

Back when the original theme was active, I think that was the logic behind it. The Licensed subforum is already crowded as-is, so let some of the overflow go to Historic. I think the same thing happened with PotC and the Pirates subforum.

Personally, I'm okay with LotR staying back in Historic, but I'll be fine with whatever the mods choose.

It doesn't matter. It is also in historic because builds are similar to those of Castle type builds. The contents of the forum beneath the name even mention it.

There is no need or benefit to split the discussion of LOTR across multiple threads and definitely not in different threads in different forum sections.

Imo all licensed themes should be in this section with the exception of Star Wars due to it's following. It don't think it has much to do with historic but is only there because LOTR has castles and there were no sets so the topic here would be on page 3847 a few years ago. If it's coming back it should be in the place were most people who come here for the first time will expect it and that is in the Licensed section. That the contents of the forum beneath the name mention it says nothing as this one states Simpsons.. Also the fact that Licensed is crowded isn't even true as it has one of the lowest amount of topics (only the Action Figures section has less and Historic has twice as much and that's not even counting the Guilds of Historica).  

Eurobricks should do an overhaul of the  themes as somethings are outdated and/or don't make sense. 

Either way, someone has to make a decision about what to do with the 3 topics that exist now. 

We put LotR in Historic and Pirates of the Caribbean in Pirates because those two areas rarely get any sets from LEGO any more, and while Licensed, those themes align with their forum sections. That's where they're going to stay.

The Licensed Theme forum is bloated with discussion topics because LEGO does so many Licensed themes (including little one-offs) every year. It doesn't have as many topic overall as other forums because people post fewer MOCs in here, but it does have far more active theme discussion topics.

This topic will be locked now. Carry on discussing LotR in Historic Themes - and you might check out some awesome historic MOCs while you're there!