Sign in to follow this  
Simon_S

Shields into Surfboards

52249611704_73eb34d843_b.jpg

Shields into Surfboards

"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." Isaiah 2,4

This was built for de Summer Joust 2022 category "going big". I know I don't really stand a chance since there are already many great MOCs entered in this category. But I still couldn't resist finishing this one. The idea came while I prepared a lecture about church history in the Middle Ages. So if you ask me, that's how the crusades should have been. Peaceful. Swords into plowshares, spears into pruning hooks and shields into surfboards. May Jesus Christ bring peace to the earth!

Quite the use for a kite shield. I think it's funny and a good MOC. The eyes really give it character.

There was an Adventures in Odyssey episode where a guy was taking the bible literally and he kept reading conflicting stuff. He read this verse, then flipped over to Joel 3:10 which says the exact opposite. I always thought that was hilarious because it's such a random thing to say. I'm glad you included that in your post because now it makes sense. I never looked into it.