XG BC

Thyssenkrupp multi elevator

hey guys,

some of you probably know the thyssenkrupp multi elevator, an elevator where each cab not only has the ability to move Independent of all the other ones but also is able to move sideways. this elevator system can open up new ways to design buildings and can make travelling between parts of a building much more efficient. it is currently being tested in  the thyssenkrupp elevator test tower in Rottweil

1124-thyssenkrupp1.jpg

here is the design. instead of conventional ropes it uses linear inductions motors similar to a maglev train. here you can see one of the cabs at the so called exchanger which is a turntable that gives the cab the ability to move from sideways movement to vertical and vice versa. anyways here is my model:

thyssenkrupp multi

as you can see i use the Rollercoaster system as the base for it. i made two versions: one with a cab and one without one attached.

Edited by XG BC

We are now one step closer to Star Trek, folks. They have these elevators in the shows, even the original and subsequent films.

(Now we just need to have somebody make a warp drive from an old ICBM)

Anyway, love the use of the roller coaster tracks usage!

"Not unnaturally, many elevators imbued with intelligence and precognition became terribly frustrated with the mindless business of going up and down, up and down, experimented briefly with the notion of going sideways, as a sort of existential protest, demanded participation in the decision-making process and finally took to squatting in basements sulking.

An impoverished hitchhiker visiting any planets in the Sirius star system these days can pick up easy money working as a counselor for neurotic elevators."

-Douglas Adams

Will be interesting to see this once you've expanded the system.

4 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Will you build a wall with the ability to go sideways as well?

yes i will do that. i will even try and build an exchanger.

3 hours ago, davidzq said:

"Not unnaturally, many elevators imbued with intelligence and precognition became terribly frustrated with the mindless business of going up and down, up and down, experimented briefly with the notion of going sideways, as a sort of existential protest, demanded participation in the decision-making process and finally took to squatting in basements sulking.

An impoverished hitchhiker visiting any planets in the Sirius star system these days can pick up easy money working as a counselor for neurotic elevators."

-Douglas Adams

Will be interesting to see this once you've expanded the system.

OMG
You were just thinkng the same as I did