Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Elements

Hello, these are a bunch of figs I made to represent part of a world I created out of LEGO. This is in response to Fantasy Worlds, Places, Themes, and Ideas started by TheBrickster.

2613139781_92ec878756_o.jpg

These are my characters so far, representing the elements. From left to right:

Wind (green)

Light (white)

Time (grey)

Dark (black)

Fire (red)

and in the back, we have Earth (brown)

2613141429_0a2bdb5abc_o.jpg

Any comments you would like to add? I know this was brief, but more info can be foundhere

Oh my... These really are great! If I can suggest anything to improve their magnificense, the others could have the same type of details as the Wind minifig, but I know that could be hard to pull off.

The inclusion of the element of Time is a nice touch. You're missing at least Water, Ice and Thunder, though. And if you want to go oriental, you can try to create Wood and Metal as well. The new Castle line has excellent pieces to use for Thunder and Metal, at least.

But really, I'm loving these. :wub: They look like Gods of the Fantasy Lego World.

Bravo for creating something unique and cool. The possibilities are endless too! Though i feel a water/ice elemental is a must. :thumbup:

thanks for the comments so far! As for the water/ice minifigs, i dont have a blue head yet. The different-colored heads are reallly what decide what elements i make. I wont be making a BL order until August, when i finish making my house into lego, so any idea what 07 or 08 sets have a blue head in them? It doesnt have to be all blue, but at least one side.

As for Thunder/Lightning, that kind of ties in with light, although a Sound minifig could work... orange, anyone? And for wood and metal, they tie in with Earth, but maybe sub-elements could be made, like Ice is part of water, wood is part of earth, etc. Im also considering a purple Gravity minifig, or maybe Space.

Thanks for the comments, kepp 'em up! :classic:

EDIT: oh yeah, i was also considering an animal, or beast of some sort for each element to aid it. Earth has one, so why not the others? I was thinking a red dragon (the old one, fits in much better than the new) for Fire, a Griffin for Wind (preferably a big bird, but does TLG make one?), A shark or octopuss for water, a skeleton horse for dark, a white, regular horse for light, but ive got no idea for Time... any ideas?

Edited by JimButcher

but ive got no idea for Time... any ideas?

A clock? :grin:

These are all neat, JimButcher! As already said, a water fig wouldn't hurt, but these guys already look awesome. :laugh:

~Peace

These are brilliant. If I ever make elementals, this could serve as my inspiration :wink:

Just add a water elemental, and then it becomes even better. My favourite figure is the wind one - excellent use of the spiderman hobgoblin.

Tom

Wow :oh: . These are really cool! I agree with others, a water fig is definitely a must, but harder to make. Probably the shark head from Victor Kruml from Harry Potter? The time elemental is the best, i think. The hippogrive from HP is the same colour, but not very related to the subject "time".

Thanks again for the comments guys, they help a lot. I think i have figured out what animal to use for Time: the three-headed dog from HP sets, ill BL it. Each head represents a part of time: Past, Present, and Future. How does that sound? :classic:

As for Thunder/Lightning, that kind of ties in with light, although a Sound minifig could work... orange, anyone?

I still think you can make a Thunder Elemental using a mixture of yellow and blue, maybe. You can use the basic yellow head turned backwards with a helmet or something, and maybe you have one of those old yellow spacesuits for the body?

Just add those new lightning pieces that came with the Skeleton Tower (and some other sets, I believe), and you'll get a perfect Thunder Elemental.

A little request: maybe you could make some elemental (maybe the water?) as explicitly female? :wub: Perhaps with a tan hair?

I still think you can make a Thunder Elemental using a mixture of yellow and blue, maybe. You can use the basic yellow head turned backwards with a helmet or something, and maybe you have one of those old yellow spacesuits for the body?

Just add those new lightning pieces that came with the Skeleton Tower (and some other sets, I believe), and you'll get a perfect Thunder Elemental.

A little request: maybe you could make some elemental (maybe the water?) as explicitly female? :wub: Perhaps with a tan hair?

Of course! Although all of them are supposed to be netrual in gender, that can change. And ill have to BL the lightning piece, i dont think i can buy any more Castle sets this year with my limited budget. :sadnew: