Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

[OL-FB-Troops] Astrapi Wolves

Astrapi, Ile de Zeus, July 622

At the border between the Terraversa Sea and the Sea of Thieves, Ile the Zeus is one of the Jewels of Oleon Empire. Before the imperial adventure on Terraversa and the colonisation of Blueton, Astrapi was the first Oleander settlement beyond the Line, and the only one a ship could reach with a direct journey from Breshaun.
Thanks to its geographic position and to the presence of strategic resources (wood, silver and gunpowder industry), the settlement of Astrapi has become a rich and important settlement.

To defend Astrapi from the enemies of the Empire, and to protect the silver extracted in the inland, a new company of chasseurs was raised in the settlement.

52188556578_6781c80ac3_b.jpg

The Astrapi Wolves, formally the 2eme compagnie chasseurs coloniaux de Astrapi, are trained and equipped for the thick woods of Ile de Zeus. These soldiers wear a simple beret instead of the elegant but bulky shako hat, and are equipped with tomahawk and machetes: for sure they don’t look like the King’s Guards back in Granoleon, but they are what the Empire needs in this far corner of the map.

52188801664_561a93e711_b.jpg

Due to a weird combination of warm winds and cold currents, Ile the Zeus is often shrouded by a thick fog. Therefore, the chasseurs are often accompanied in their patrols by large hounds, particularly useful to track brigands or runaway criminals.

52188556558_c03d10c552_b.jpg

This is more a little vignette with some story than a proper build. I will use it to raise a company of light infantry in Astrapi.

Good stuff! The hounds are a great addition, given the climes. I like how loose their uniform regulations are. Very practical.

I like the company. The uniform and equipment is chosen appropriately for the mission.

Thank you! This was just a little vignette to introduce the 2nd company of Astrapi Chasseurs, who will soon fight side by side with my first company (the Rimbaud Raiders). Soon they will appear also in the Encyclopedia!