Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[MOC] Advance the Jäger

During the American Revolutionary War, British forces in North America were supplemented with auxiliaries from many German states, most notably Hesse-Kassel.  These troops included Jäger companies. Jäger, a German word that translates to “hunter”, were recruited from huntsmen and foresters who were skilled in the use of rifled weapons normally used to hunt boar. They were skilled shots, self-sufficient in battle, and swift, able to efficiently load and fire a rifle, a skill which took greater dexterity than firing muskets. The Jäger differed in appearance from other Hessian troops, wearing a green jacket with crimson facings instead of the blue jackets of Hessian infantrymen.

52108529444_63142aaab9_c.jpg

52107259627_d7c525459d_c.jpg

These Lego Jäger are printed by United Bricks.

I have since read that the Jäger were not issued with bayonets, instead they had short swords, so forgive this inaccuracy on my part!
The church is based on the Von Trap family chapel in Vermont - again not period appropriate!

Basically I just wanted to show of my new Jäger, so here they are!

A very beautiful and colorful diorama. :pir-love: The chapel is very well built with Lego bricks. The construction of the wall was a real challenge that was well done. The landscape with the many plants and the trees with the colored autumn leaves looks great.

The soldiers' uniforms are well made and detailed.

A good history lesson and a superb MOC. The minifig prints look good based on the description. The chapel and terrain make for a great diorama.

Looking good! Love how blocky the masonry texture is. Sand green and olive green clash a little IMO, but that's probably an indication that it is natural :pir-grin:

Great job! Especially love the door and shutter designs