Sales Advice

Hi,

Need some advice, I have the following sets which I want to sell:

NASA Apollo Saturn V (21309)

Star Wars Slave 1 (75060)

Y-Wing Starfighter (75181)

Snowspeeder (75144)

TIE Fighter (75095)

As well as a big box of assorted lego from various random sets over the years.

The problem is that several pieces from the named sets above are mixed in together in the assorted lego box.

As such I am hoping to sell the whole lot together.

Any advice on how and price?

Thanks in advance 

Brodie

You will likely make more money by sorting the pieces and selling them separately as complete sets. Otherwise as bulk LEGO it will bring a substantially smaller amount of money. Not knowing why you are selling them or the condition of the bricks, prevents me from offering any more than that.

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

You will likely make more money by sorting the pieces and selling them separately as complete sets. Otherwise as bulk LEGO it will bring a substantially smaller amount of money. Not knowing why you are selling them or the condition of the bricks, prevents me from offering any more than that.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply!
In short, I was recently made redundant, this means we can no longer afford the mortgage on our current home and so are selling it for somewhere smaller and cheaper.
Money is obviously a tight so getting any money i can is a priority.

As the afore mentioned UCS sets are pretty big we wont have room for them in the new smaller house, so by selling them I help generate some money and save some room as well.

As for condition, they are all in perfect condition, with the exception of the NASA Apollo Saturn V (21309) who fell victim to my young puppy who decided that several of the fins at the bottom looked tasty and so now have a few chew marks on them.
Besides that (and a bit of dust) they are all fine!

With regards to price, I know this sounds contrary to the above, but with me having to juggle the sale of a house, purchase of another house, moving house and finding a new job all at the same time, i'm happy to sacrifce maximising my sale price for a quick and easy win.
Being able to hand the missus some money may take some of the strain off plus alleviate some of my guilt for (inadvertently) landing us both in this situation. 

Hope all that makes sense, really appreciate you're help

Thanks

Barry

Well it would be a great deal and sell fast, although with a few hours of sorting you should be able to get more money. Tough choice I know, went through a similar experience myself. Anymore I hold onto all of my LEGO at all costs, lol. Best of luck, I know if I lived close by I would be tempted to purchase it all myself.

Any idea on a reasonable price for the above plus a box of random bits?

Look at what the used set values are on bricklink. You can then probably half those values unless you decide to sort it all out. Where the sets have figures, make sure you show them. You might find someone willing to believe they are complete but you won't get the market value when mixed up like that. When buying second hand, collectors tend to want sets that have been looked after and mixing them all up suggests that they have not been looked after. Plus if they are sorted, then collectors can buy ones they want and again will be willing to pay more than for a mixed up job lot.

A sorted out set, even without box and instructions will always sell leagues more. Even if the whole set is in pieces in a zip-bag or shoe-box. Mixed lot, of pure LEGO bricks are more often than not only judged on weight by most buyers. 

You would probably have more luck selling the sets even with parts missing and just honestly include what parts/sections are gone. How incomplete are the UCS sets? If you are missing say, an engine from the Y Wing, you could probably still get a better price than trying to sell a box of mixed sets in pieces.

You can also try reaching out to a LEGO User Group local to you.  Some members in my LUG like buying bulk lots. They find stuff on places like Facebook Marketplace.  Some times people contact us directly.  You probably won't get as much selling them as a big pile versus sorting everything out and selling individual used sets.  But if you want to get rid of it quickly with minimal effort, that could be a possible route to take.