3. 6990: Monorail Transport System

4. 6067: Guarded Inn

5. 6074: Black Falcon's Fortress

6. 6059: Knight's Stronghold

7. 6593: Blaze Battler

8. 6271: Imperial Flagship

9. 4564: Freight Rail Runner

10. 6263: Imperial Outpost

I thought this would be easy but it wasn't. The top three sets were easy but the rest wasn't. If it was a top 20 list it would have been easier. Then I would have included some Spyrius and Blacktron sets as well and some more Space Police 1 and Futuron sets. And maybe the Santa Fe locomotives or some newer sets like the Cyber Drone or the Galaxy Explorer 2. And how to rank them was also difficult. Some of these sets I've had since childhood and others I've bought as an adult. Some choices were more strongly associated with memories from childhood than others but the number one criteria was how much I like the sets today (which surprisingly didn't differ all that much from my preferences as a kid).

59 minutes ago, SpacePolice89 said:

I thought this would be easy but it wasn't.

It's genuinely a really hard question to answer, and (at least for me) always evolving.

Like, I'm fairly sure I've already responded to this thread once (not going to check) but I bet if I made a top ten now then it would be very different. And that's not factoring in sets I haven't had a chance to build yet (for instance, Arachnoid Starbase or the OG Chamber of Secrets), sets that will come out in the future (such as the rumoured Medieval Village) and sets that I've not built for so long that I can't be sure my memory of them is fair (all the Star Wars sets I had as a kid when I was more interested in minifigures than the quality of the build). You have some iconic sets in your list though - I must say I'm a little jealous! :pir-wench:

3 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

It's genuinely a really hard question to answer, and (at least for me) always evolving.

For me the top 20 sets have not changed much over the years but the internal ranking between them might change if I have a Castle, Pirate, Space or Town phase. Only a very special set can break into the top 20 like the 10020: Santa Fe Super Chief or the 10497: Galaxy Explorer. Maybe if Lego would have continued the themes and factions from the late 80s and the early 90s or something in a similar design language my list would be very different. 

Edited by SpacePolice89

4 hours ago, SpacePolice89 said:

For me the top 20 sets have not changed much over the years but the internal ranking between them might change if I have a Castle, Pirate, Space or Town phase. Only a very special set can break into the top 20 like the 10020: Santa Fe Super Chief or the 10497: Galaxy Explorer. Maybe if Lego would have continued the themes and factions from the late 80s and the early 90s or something in a similar design language my list would be very different. 

Yeah I definitely think our individual circumstances play a part.

For instance, I'm of an age where the Golden Era was over by the time I was getting into Lego, so all of my sets from that period I've bought second-hand since. And I rarely rebuild sets after I'm done with them, so some sets I have no real memory of. For example I have very fond memories of building 8382, but I was also six years old at the time (without high standards) and owned a grand total of five other sets, three of which were basic packs. On memory alone I'd rate it higher than something like 7663 (which I bought for Darth Maul, built really quickly and immediately dismantled for parts) but I'm not sure if that's a genuine fair ranking.

There are 3 sets that I have always had on display and never parted out: the 2015 Millenium Falcon, Diagon Alley and Bag End

My favourite themes of all time would be Harry Potter, LOTR and Star Wars - tho I did become disinterested in Lego Star Wars between 2016-2020, it was the Mandalorian sets and the return of battlepacks that drew me back in 

So ironically enough, my favorite sets are 2020 and newer. So here are my top 5. 

1. 60258 Tuning Workshop - sort of a car lover so I was excited when I got this set. 

2. 60335 Train Station - converted it into a bus terminal 

3. 60347 Grocery Store - was excited when that one came. 

4. 60329 School Day - that one was a fixer upper. 

5. 60328 Beach Lifeguard Station 

Edited by The Brick Boss

1.) Boutique Hotel
2.) Police Station (modular)
3.) Jazz Club
4.) Diagon Alley (2020)

5.) Tokyo (skyline set)