11 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Oh, my God, it's BEAUTIFUL! Amazing job, @elfprince13!

<3 Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

Great work. This beast is a rarely seen piece, but it's instantly recognizable.

I'm so relieved to hear that! Most of my social circles are unfamiliar with the old EU and I felt like I was going crazy that nobody knew what it was :wacko:

13 hours ago, elfprince13 said:

<3 Thanks!

I'm so relieved to hear that! Most of my social circles are unfamiliar with the old EU and I felt like I was going crazy that nobody knew what it was :wacko:

I've always enjoyed the hapan battle dragon battleships. :)

I like the design a lot... as much as I can see it.

Could I ask please for a photo/render on a clear featureless background?  

Holy crap, that looks insanely awesome, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be stable when built IRL. Still one of the best models I've ever seen on this site.

47 minutes ago, Ephseb said:

Holy crap, that looks insanely awesome, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be stable when built IRL. Still one of the best models I've ever seen on this site.

That connection point is 8 stud diameter. I can definitely make it strong enough to be used as a table :D

6 hours ago, Jerac said:

I like the design a lot... as much as I can see it.

Could I ask please for a photo/render on a clear featureless background?  

Absolutely - I'm going to make up a UCS-style nameplate sticker for it, and then do another set of "table top" renders in the next week or so.

2 hours ago, Ephseb said:

1 hour ago, Jerac said:

That connection point is 8 stud diameter. I can definitely make it strong enough to be used as a table :D

Yeah, there's a lot of hidden technic in there. This thing has a higher part count than the UCS Millennium Falcon and a good fraction of that is internal structural engineering to make it stable if I decide to do switch everything to physically available colors and source them from BrickLink. The connection between the hangar cones has 4x 16L technic axles running from top to bottom, and there's more reinforcement in the engine block.

Edited by elfprince13

Looks phenomenal. Way way better than on the starry background. Even though it rendered weirdly with that black strip :D

Do the turbolaser rings rotate?

5 hours ago, Jerac said:

Looks phenomenal. Way way better than on the starry background. Even though it rendered weirdly with that black strip :D

Do the turbolaser rings rotate?

Just went with the default environment for importing LDRAW to Blender - next time I'll set the sky to white too :D

And theoretically - you can see it in action a bit in the YouTube video in my original post, or in slightly higher quality (but portrait mode)  on this Instagram Reel. But obviously it's hard to know how smoothly the mechanism will work out until I build it physically. There is a 2-plate-thick groove in the outer circumference of both saucers, and the belt has 2x2 round plates sticking inward at every 4th segment, with 1x1 round tiles built up on the inside to try and keep a smooth ride. TBH that was 95% of my motivation for building this - wasn't going to bother if I couldn't figure out a plausible mechanism for the belt since that is the iconic feature of the ship. The other 5% was the mention of Dathomiri Rancor riders on TBoBF.

Edited by elfprince13

5 hours ago, elfprince13 said:

Just went with the default environment for importing LDRAW to Blender - next time I'll set the sky to white too :D

And theoretically - you can see it in action a bit in the YouTube video in my original post, or in slightly higher quality (but portrait mode)  on this Instagram Reel. But obviously it's hard to know how smoothly the mechanism will work out until I build it physically. There is a 2-plate-thick groove in the outer circumference of both saucers, and the belt has 2x2 round plates sticking inward at every 4th segment, with 1x1 round tiles built up on the inside to try and keep a smooth ride. TBH that was 95% of my motivation for building this - wasn't going to bother if I couldn't figure out a plausible mechanism for the belt since that is the iconic feature of the ship. The other 5% was the mention of Dathomiri Rancor riders on TBoBF.

Wait...the bloody thing spins? You actually got it spinning?

Holy crap....this is a thing of beauty. ( Generally don't play videos lol I just presumed it didn't)

1 hour ago, Kage Goomba said:

Wait...the bloody thing spins? You actually got it spinning?

Holy crap....this is a thing of beauty. ( Generally don't play videos lol I just presumed it didn't)

9SA0M29.png

XOVhMPO.png

yeah, especially since for accuracy you probably don't want to drive them synchronously. I have some ideas about how I could do it, but it's such an unwieldy model to pick up, I didn't really design it around playability. Now if I I could hide some drive axles in the straight sections of the saucer and stick a motor in each saucer.....