Sign in to follow this  
morvit

My Castle MOC

Hi all! Sharing my castle MOC based off of 7946. 

Looking for some constructive feedback on how to make it better. Thanks!

546x760_smart_fit.jpg

Do you have enough pieces to make it bigger? If so maybe make it modular so you can connect the different sections making a larger castle.  Seems fine right now maybe a little to compact but looks good.  

I think it looks great as it is :) The red makes it stand out, it also gives it a 90s Castle vibe. Great job

Small footprint, but tall. Does it open or levels lift off to see the inside? @zoth33 has a good suggestion for expanding, make it modular. That thing is big, and moving it will become a real pain quickly if you can't separate it.

Thanks! Yes, the top part of the two towers are separable (and interchangeable). Also, the two towers can be separated, as well as the front wall. So there are 5 pieces here in total.

Unfortunately, I don't have too many bricks left to expand. My ideal MOC would be smaller than this but higher quality. I see some MOC around that aren't too big but really nice looking! 

Edited by morvit

21 hours ago, morvit said:

Unfortunately, I don't have too many bricks left to expand. My ideal MOC would be smaller than this but higher quality. I see some MOC around that aren't too big but really nice looking! 

I feel you man, quality over quantity :)

Very nice! Constructive feedback? Two things come to mind:

More landscape around it. For example there is the bridge, where is the river?

And second maybe set the two towers (to me it looks like two main towers) apart a bit more, so that each can stand out more on its own.

Made some changes to the castle. Right one is the updated castle. 

52430733505_b89c373289_c.jpg52429752689_0bd5770eb1_c.jpg

Edited by morvit

Love both versions! The new one seems a bit more versatile in that in can be repurposed for other factions. I do however like the old version just because it matches sets like the tournament joust a bit better.