Sign in to follow this  
Another Brick In The Wall

910001 - Castle in the Forest Review

Some interesting parts for me as someone waiting on their copy to be shipped:

• You will have extra pieces from earlier bags that are used later
  • Instructions are not always the clearest but also have very few pieces per step (and are online only); some small mistakes
  • Lack of piece inventory in the instructions PDF
  • Not as stable as a normal set

The video is fairly negative and I think the comparison to 450₤ is a bit unfair - I'm sure those willing to pay that much have already made their decision.  But the good parts mentioned (I'll add a few of my own):

• Looks fabulous
  • Play features are great - especially moving parts & access to interior
  • 6 minifigures
  • Very detailed inside and out
  • Part count is good for the original price

While stickers suck, designers were not allowed to create/revive new prints.

Official sets do the pieces in a bag not used until a later step thing too.  The shuttle 10283 has some parts in one of first bags used for the Hubble that don't get used until way later in the build.  It would be nice if they did something to actually indicate those parts are supposed to be left over at that point.

I just bricklinked 548 pieces (173 elements) costing me $140 shipped. I spent $48 less by "Part out as individual parts" on the minifigs, which is usually the case on bricklink. The rest of the pieces I pulled from my collection. I am looking forward to this build. @krtwood, thanks for the effort you put into this set, the final product looks great.

j6ttu3tmhk80.jpg

Dear Follows Closely,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.  Parts/stickers replacement service targets mainly quality reasons such as missing or damaged element in a newly open set. So requesting extra parts/stickers is not included in this service. However, I also understand you've tried looking on BrickLink but to no avail. Therefore, Im sending you the stickers in Castle in the Forest 910001 set this once as exception. :)
This order number is 3014035227. They should be reaching you within the next 7 - 10 working days after order is ship out for delivery from our warehouse in Denmark. 

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

LEGO Survey link

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

LEGO® Customer Service

xhp49o5qthq5.jpg

Customer service rocks. Mostly.

Looks like you're off pretty cheap by bricklinking the set. Good for you.

I was in luck that due to the ordering mishap I didn't have to pay €10 extra because of the region I live in.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:33 AM, Follows Closely said:

Customer service rocks. Mostly.

You got stickers from customer service?? When I opened my set in March, my stickers were folded over (they'd managed to get folded over the lip of the box) and customer service sent me back a "sorry, no extra stickers available, but here are some VIP points" message. I thought I sent a nice request, but maybe not nice enough :shrug_confused:

3 hours ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

I absolutely hated having to use the App to build this. It’s a fun set for sure, but like others have said, a bit fragile. 

The app was awful for this set, but using PDF instructions wasn't too bad. Much faster to flip pages/instructions.

^ I got an email saying I would get the stickers, but the sticker sheet ever arrived. I also used the pdf to build. It was doable, but I much prefer paper instructions.

Edited by Follows Closely
added thoughts on instructions