Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

You guys are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. 

Frankly, I’m expecting at the most one DC set for the new movies, and very little otherwise. I suppose we’ll see.

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I refuse to believe that all 3 sets: $210, $300 & $500 are Marvel. One of them has to be DC surely.

Well, the $210 set is rumoured to be the Sanctum Sanctorum and the $300 one is supposed to be a Hulkbuster, so if there was a DC D2C set this year, it‘d either have to be the $500 one (unlikely) or a set we haven‘t heard of yet :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why do people suddenly want a Tower of Fate? It's such a plain and boring building for a LEGO set. 

It’s an odd one, because as you say externally it’s a brick tower with no windows or doors. Internally however it’s incredibly intricate. Creating an interior that works to minifigure scale and doesn’t just look dull when turned around or closed would be a real challenge, I think. Incidentally at this point it’s not a Tower of Fate I’m after, it’s any DC minifigure scale set that isn’t Batcentric.

I expect atleast 1 set for Aquaman and 1 for Flash because he has lots of Batman, but it would be cool if the June sets are foe Black Adam, or atleast one. Because in Black Adam there is a demon like villain, Sabbac I think, that could be a bigfig, there are toy listings of him. 

I

On 2/19/2022 at 5:51 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

I refuse to believe that all 3 sets: $210, $300 & $500 are Marvel. One of them has to be DC surely.

Same, these numbers usually line up with Star Wars theme, it shows how stong the Marvel brand has become from the Movies. 

Something DC is rebuilding and meaning more sets get released as these characters are accepted by wider audiences. 

I just feel Lego has a better relationship with Disney,  and it may be some sort of F U to DC for the movie relationship been discontinued,  because what the designers said in the video about sets released around movies,  is currently still to be proven.  

I would assume DC to get at least one D2C, it's been that way for the past 3 years, and the sets show that they do sell. 

Just give us a number already Lego of how many sets we can expect from now until the end of the year,  so I can set my budget correctly!

If no DC sets then I can budget for 8 Batman 8 sets lol and as always I will buy the Marvel sets to support the superheros theme! 

Be nice for some clarification is all! 

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I would assume DC to get at least one D2C, it's been that way for the past 3 years, and the sets show that they do sell. 

Just give us a number already Lego of how many sets we can expect from now until the end of the year,  so I can set my budget correctly!

If no DC sets then I can budget for 8 Batman 8 sets lol and as always I will buy the Marvel sets to support the superheros theme! 

Be nice for some clarification is all! 

The $210 is rumoured to be the Sanctum Santorum (or whatever it is called). A couple of people have said the $300 is the Hulkbuster supposedly despite no set number so I’m not sure. Then $500 we know nothing about. No chance the $300 and the $500 are both for Marvel as well as the $210. I think $500 might be too big of an investment for DC right now so I’m inclined to think the $300 could be for DC.

Speculation on my part.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

We could get some news today :classic: Promobricks are teasing a reveal in 9 hours or so on their IG story without specifying the theme. However, they do say it‘s time for real rumours after all the fake ones, so Marvel and DC both fit the description :grin:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We could get some news today :classic: Promobricks are teasing a reveal in 9 hours or so on their IG story without specifying the theme. However, they do say it‘s time for real rumours after all the fake ones, so Marvel and DC both fit the description :grin:

— 4PM GMT / 5PM CET / 10AM UTC —

Hopefully some DC info *huh*

Edited by Anonknee Muss

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's a new countdown for tomorrow tho, and Marvel was implied.

Which implies some indirect DC reveals too :grin: Unless they can‘t tell which theme the sets that aren‘t revealed tomorrow belong to :shrug_oh_well: After all, the sets that will still be unknowns in 24 hours don‘t necessarily have to be DC

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's a new countdown for tomorrow tho, and Marvel was implied.

On the label for the countdown, all that is shown is a tree emoji. What grows on trees? Leaves but also fruits, nuts etc. but more specifically coconuts. Mario had the working title of "leaf" and the rumoured Indiana Jones theme is "coconut" so perhaps one of the two?

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Having just read the Marvel thread, it’s going to be info on one Marvel set. Not sure why the tree emoji is the label for the countdown then.

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

So many set numbers with no descriptions, just give us the theme name! 

Frankly, I'm not expecting much for DC. We'll see, I suppose, but it's seeming more and more likely that Marvel will be getting the 3 D2Cs that we know of at least, and with as many movies as they have coming, they will probably get a lot more focus. 

7 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Frankly, I'm not expecting much for DC. We'll see, I suppose, but it's seeming more and more likely that Marvel will be getting the 3 D2Cs that we know of at least, and with as many movies as they have coming, they will probably get a lot more focus. 

So not all the set numbers have been given set names,  maybe we get something else this year. 

This theme has so much potential, and such little investment from Lego! 

8 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The $210 set isn't a D2C.

DC is getting 3 live action films this year, same as Marvel. DC sets constantly become sold out. There will be more DC sets either later this year or next year.

So not all the set numbers have been given set names,  maybe we get something else this year. 

This theme has so much potential, and such little investment from Lego!

I don't think LEGO will leave us dry for the rest of the year. The 1966 Batmobile last year was only just leaked mere weeks before we first saw pictures.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:49 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

The $210 is rumoured to be the Sanctum Santorum (or whatever it is called). A couple of people have said the $300 is the Hulkbuster supposedly despite no set number so I’m not sure. Then $500 we know nothing about. No chance the $300 and the $500 are both for Marvel as well as the $210. I think $500 might be too big of an investment for DC right now so I’m inclined to think the $300 could be for DC.

Speculation on my part.

We aren't getting a $300 DC set. At best we're getting a '66 Batmobile in November but even that I'm skeptical on. As I've said prior in the thread, they've already re-used a set from a few years ago, and I don't think the '66 Batmobile is particularly popular among anyone outside hardcore Batman fans and people who grew up with the show. I suspect the latter, if not both of those demographics, are too small to target for a $200+ set. Batman '89 is one thing, Batman '66 is a who other world.

In an ideal world we would obviously get some sets based on other properties but if they're going to stick with Batman I would love to see some BTAS sets. They could do a really cool large comic-based Arkham set like The Bugle, with some Easter eggs of BTAS like the Christmas tree or the trial. Would also love a D2C BTAS Batmobile but it may be a little to similar to the '89 one. I'm just spitballing as I sit bored at work.

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

DC is getting 3 live action films this year, same as Marvel. DC sets constantly become sold out. There will be more DC sets either later this year or next year.

I don't think LEGO will leave us dry for the rest of the year. The 1966 Batmobile last year was only just leaked mere weeks before we first saw pictures.

Fingers crossed,  I just don't understand why they don't tell us! Every other theme has been announced. 

Also big miss if they don't do anything for Black Adam, Dwanye Johnson is the biggest star on the planet,  I just don't nt understand. 

Would love for Lego to enlighten us about there DC plans! 

4 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The Sanctum should be a D2C set... 

Then there's the $300 Hulkbuster, and the $500 Unknown. 

Too many fan boy Marvel rumours! Nothing's confirmed!

6 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Rumours are that two release dates exist (May/June in LEGO stores/s@h and August at selected retailers), which suggests it’s a D2C set :classic:

Too many fan boy Marvel rumours! Nothing's confirmed!

Are you doubting Promobricks? :tongue: The $500 set is the only one that has a non-zero chance of being DC, and even that one has been hinted at as being Marvel by other leakers