Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's a pretty hard choice.

If I had to choose just one, I'd go with Pattinson's, but that's because not only is this my favourite Batmobile and my favourite Batman, but also my favourite Batman movie. Not a fan of Bale and his trilogy.

The build is actually great. 

Ironically this was what made me get the Tumbler. The Bale films are my favorites, so I ended up getting that one.

21 hours ago, mgetz said:

I have them both and i say go tumbler, odds are another minifig scale version wont be made anytime soon. Pattmobile will be made again atleast for the next movie but this version will also be on the shleves longer than the tumbler. Pattmobile is also easy to custom build as opposed to the tumbler.

Thanks, got the tumbler. You're right, they'll definately make another Pattmobile for the sequel.

10 hours ago, teamzissou said:

Buy the Adam West Batmobile. I bought it already but I do plan to buy the Tumbler. Not sure about the Pattmobile 

I'll be honest, I'm more than a few decade too young to have an attachment to that series. Does seem to be a nice build though.

4 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

I just find it funny how everyone is crapping on the dark knight trilogy now that something new has come out. It happens every time. You'll see kiddo, the same thing will happen to this movie. 

Bruh, that's apples and oranges.

I literally just told you I am not a fan of the TDK Trilogy. Never have been, since it's released. 

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

When dc has tried to do things outside of Batman like justice league sets they have not sold well from my understanding so it makes sense they want to stay with something that at least is a semi proven seller in Batman 

True but that's when they have done some things that are not truly in the zeitgeist. Sure there's always the random animated this or that for kids, but when they did that whole Justice League wave, there wasn't anything super popular going on necessarily. So, just like how the majority of Marvel's non film stuff is Spider-Man, it makes sense for the majority of DC's non film stuff to be Batman.

Meanwhile, they haven't done bigger pushes of sets when there ARE popular properties either, like Shazam or Aquaman which both did very well. Over time, they don't even have data for how things are selling any more, since if they don't put out any non-Batmobile sets, there's no sales data to follow. It feels like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

At the same time, they put out totally random esoteric sets to support The LEGO Batman Movie, and two Minifigure series stuffed with obscure characters, so when they claim they can't do anything but stock standard Batman it's not hard for fans to turn around and say they only can't do anything but stock standard Batman unless they wanted to.

Just my two cynical cents.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, that's apples and oranges.

I literally just told you I am not a fan of the TDK Trilogy. Never have been, since it's released. 

It was an example. I wasn’t talking to you or about you specifically mate. Calm down a bit. Don’t really trust your taste if you think Nolan’s Batman trilogy isn’t good

44 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

It was an example. I wasn’t talking to you or about you specifically mate. Calm down a bit. Don’t really trust your taste if you think Nolan’s Batman trilogy isn’t good

Also don't be rude to other people? People can have differing opinions, both differing from you and the "mainstream". It's possible for someone to dislike something you like.

This is a LEGO discussion anyway, not a film discussion. Let's move back to LEGO please.

30 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Also don't be rude to other people? People can have differing opinions, both differing from you and the "mainstream". It's possible for someone to dislike something you like.

This is a LEGO discussion anyway, not a film discussion. Let's move back to LEGO please.

Can you explain how I was rude? Or did I just state that I didn't agree with his opinion? I've added to the lego discussion and everyone else has just been continuing this convo so it's kind of odd that you single me out but whatever. 

So anyone gonna respond to my idea of a lego jared leto joker in a dceu batmobile set or no? Hope we get at least one black adam, flash and batgirl set aswell including Black Adam, Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Cyclone, Atom Smasher, New Flash, Keaton Batman, Supergirl, Batgirl and Firefly

Putting a Leto Joker in a new version of the DCEU Batmobile would work, it's probably the only way that minifig would happen. Plus it would be neat to get a dark gray version like most of the other merchandise. Honestly though, I feel like the minifigs would more likely be BvS Batman and Superman.

I wonder if the 1989 Batmobile will feature in the Flash movie? Would be a good excuse to get a minifigure-sized version similar to the recent Batmobiles. Even releasing one alongside Flash's release but with all 1989 minifigs would be a good tie-in. These movie Batmobiles have been a great unofficial subtheme.

1 hour ago, bradreed715 said:

Can you explain how I was rude? Or did I just state that I didn't agree with his opinion? I've added to the lego discussion and everyone else has just been continuing this convo so it's kind of odd that you single me out but whatever. 

Telling someone you don't trust their taste is rude, especially when it's totally irrelevant. It's not like you were asking for his recommendation for anything anyway. You singled him out for an opinion that you disagreed with, as a springboard for your recency bias thing which pretty much nobody else engaged you in. And then you continued to argue with him when all he did was explain that that doesn't apply to his opinion. So you didn't just state that you didn't agree with his opinion.

Any more discussion on this can be had in PMs or somewhere else.

Moving on now.

19 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You can blame lego but at the same time lego is a business and money talks. Why would lego put a large chunk of money into part of a theme that doesn’t sell when they have the other part of a theme that sell much better? 

I hope the new state of movie releases change things up!

If not this year, next!

At least I have money now for 8 x Lego art sets! 

5 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I wonder if the 1989 Batmobile will feature in the Flash movie? Would be a good excuse to get a minifigure-sized version similar to the recent Batmobiles. Even releasing one alongside Flash's release but with all 1989 minifigs would be a good tie-in. These movie Batmobiles have been a great unofficial subtheme.

The end of the first Flash trailer from last year's DC FanDome showed Barry pulling the tarp off of it before cutting to black, there's absolutely no way that it WON'T be featured in the film. Likewise, there's no way that Lego is going to pass up an opportunity to make it into a general release set and watch it sell like hotcakes if the online prices for the GWP 1989 Batmobile are any indication. They could easily make an improved version of that one that would be able to fit two figures this time as well.

13 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Well, I welcome more Batman sets... 

Same, need more whacky vehicles! 

49 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

The end of the first Flash trailer from last year's DC FanDome showed Barry pulling the tarp off of it before cutting to black, there's absolutely no way that it WON'T be featured in the film. Likewise, there's no way that Lego is going to pass up an opportunity to make it into a general release set and watch it sell like hotcakes if the online prices for the GWP 1989 Batmobile are any indication. They could easily make an improved version of that one that would be able to fit two figures this time as well.

Don't for the batfleck bike. 

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Don't for the batfleck bike.

You mean the Batpod from the Nolan trilogy? I don't remember any Batfleck bike as a GWP.

But yes, the high prices on the 1989 Batmobile GWP were what made me think of the idea. Unfortunately I bought the D2C version about a year after release so I missed out on the original opportunity and don't want to pay the ludicrous aftermarket prices.

Well, we truly shouldn't expect any more DC sets this year.

It didn't seem likely we'd get Black Adam ones, while Aquaman and The Flash got delayed to 2023.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It didn't seem likely we'd get Black Adam ones, while Aquaman and The Flash got delayed to 2023.

Just found out The Flash got moved from November 2022 to June 2023?!

45 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Just found out The Flash got moved from November 2022 to June 2023?!

It did.

Super-Pets from May 2022 to July 2022.

Black Adam from July 2022 to October 2022.

The Flash from November 2022 to June 2023.

Aquaman from December 2022 to May 2023.

Shazam! from June 2023 to December 2022.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It did.

Super-Pets from May to July.

Black Adam from July to October.

The Flash from November to June.

Aquaman from December to May.

Shazam! from June to December.

Shazam is December of this year though so I guess that’s our last hope. I’d really like an updated Shazam, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr and Helen Mirren/Rachel Zegler’s villain characters in a set. Possibly billy himself as well

I really can't believe they wouldn't make Shazam 2 sets. The first movie did well and was very kid friendly. If they don't, that's really the nail in the coffin of them caring about the DC theme!

7 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

You mean the Batpod from the Nolan trilogy? I don't remember any Batfleck bike as a GWP.

But yes, the high prices on the 1989 Batmobile GWP were what made me think of the idea. Unfortunately I bought the D2C version about a year after release so I missed out on the original opportunity and don't want to pay the ludicrous aftermarket prices.

I think he means that the batfleck bike is in the flash movie. 

52 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

On the bright side, if any sets get delayed, they're practically guaranteed to be DC.

27 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Shazam is December of this year though so I guess that’s our last hope. I’d really like an updated Shazam, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr and Helen Mirren/Rachel Zegler’s villain characters in a set. Possibly billy himself as well

Right, should have written the year.

23 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I really can't believe they wouldn't make Shazam 2 sets. The first movie did well and was very kid friendly. If they don't, that's really the nail in the coffin of them caring about the DC theme!

Exactly, I feel like there never has been a better DC movie for LEGO to make sets based on.

A family of six, colorful superheroes and three ancient goddesses. Manticores, cyclops', harpies, and actual dragons. Interesting ancient locations, and Shazam family's colorful lair.

I feel like LEGO won't make sets for this, and I truly can't understand why. Not only is this perfect material for LEGO sets, but the first movie was a hit.

Shazam 2 was originally set for 2023, not its december 2022. Maybe we might get 1 set for it? Apparently the delay was because of black adam reshoots. Or maybe the merger with Discovery? At this point I only care about more The Batman and Lego Batman sets... I will manifest some Batman sets for the summer. 

Seems like the flash may be undergoing heavy reshoots if they’re moving it 6 months out (and Aquaman possibly having reshoots being moved 5 months) possibly having to do with the success of The Batman but DC never ceases to disappoint anything that isn’t Batman