Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When Gordon and Batsy corner The Penguin, the former shows him a picture of what Pete Savage's body looked like after his face was eaten by rats. Luckily, the audience was spared the sight, but the implication is gruesome enough. Plus Penguin's reaction says it all 

Ohh I totally thought he was a different character :grin:

16 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

I expect 1 set for The Flash and Aquaman. The Batman opened big so we maybe this will help DC for 2023 sets lineup? Also, I wanted a UCS The Batman batmobile. 

One or two of these numbers has to be DC, right? 

August

76220 4+ | $10 | 43 pcs

76221 | $45 | 456 pcs

September

76225 ($25)

76226 ($25)

76230 ($25) 

I would say these sets are unlikely to be DC. First off, DC hasn’t had any sets yet, so the 4+ is out, and if it does happen to be DC and the only other one we get is the $45 one that would be immensely disappointing because the 4+ set if DC is most likely some janky set with no new or interesting characters. And I would say the 3 $25 sets have no way of being DC but all are most likely another wave of Marvel Mechs. And if they are DC mechs it’s unlikely we get anything good, Probably a Batman vs Joker, Superman vs Lex Luthor (though if they had Bizarro I would actually buy it) and Wonder Woman vs Cheetah.

I have the 42127 Batmobile on order.

Does anyone have it and know how easy it might be to link up the steering wheel to the actual steering? Looks like there might be a lot of space under the hood to rig up something simple?

8 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

I would say these sets are unlikely to be DC. First off, DC hasn’t had any sets yet, so the 4+ is out, and if it does happen to be DC and the only other one we get is the $45 one that would be immensely disappointing because the 4+ set if DC is most likely some janky set with no new or interesting characters. And I would say the 3 $25 sets have no way of being DC but all are most likely another wave of Marvel Mechs. And if they are DC mechs it’s unlikely we get anything good, Probably a Batman vs Joker, Superman vs Lex Luthor (though if they had Bizarro I would actually buy it) and Wonder Woman vs Cheetah.

First of all the mech sets are $10 not $25 and there's only 1 wave of mech sets a year (excluding 1 double pack that usually releases 3 months after the first wave or in this year at the same time as the rest).

Alright, I need some advice. Back when the snyder cut came out, I asked which batmobile was the best, and ultimately ended up not getting any. Now I want to get either the tumbler or Pattmobile and I can't really decide. 
Pattmobile pros: Cheaper, my favorite batmobile in-universe. Cons: looks a bit simple, the batman figure isn't a good representation of the suit.

Tumbler pros: Less likely to be remade anytime soon, very accurate model of the vehicle. Tumbler cons: more expensive, more of a tank than batmobile.

If anyone has a suggestion as to which one I should get, please let me know.

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Alright, I need some advice. Back when the snyder cut came out, I asked which batmobile was the best, and ultimately ended up not getting any. Now I want to get either the tumbler or Pattmobile and I can't really decide. 
Pattmobile pros: Cheaper, my favorite batmobile in-universe. Cons: looks a bit simple, the batman figure isn't a good representation of the suit.

Tumbler pros: Less likely to be remade anytime soon, very accurate model of the vehicle. Tumbler cons: more expensive, more of a tank than batmobile.

I have them both and i say go tumbler, odds are another minifig scale version wont be made anytime soon. Pattmobile will be made again atleast for the next movie but this version will also be on the shleves longer than the tumbler. Pattmobile is also easy to custom build as opposed to the tumbler.

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

First of all the mech sets are $10 not $25 and there's only 1 wave of mech sets a year (excluding 1 double pack that usually releases 3 months after the first wave or in this year at the same time as the rest).

Yeah, what I’m saying is it would be 3 double packs which go for $25

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's a pretty hard choice.

If I had to choose just one, I'd go with Pattinson's, but that's because not only is this my favourite Batmobile and my favourite Batman, but also my favourite Batman movie. Not a fan of Bale and his trilogy.

The build is actually great. 

After coming across this old promotional picture for the Batman: The Animated Series DLC in Lego DC Super Villains, I feel like a cowl like this would've been perfect for Battinson. All that it needs is some printing on the forehead for the stitching and it's good to go. The final BTAS Batman minifigure in the game ended up using the same cowl that's plagued the theme for the past decade instead of this design, but this cowl is like the perfect blend of the slightly longer ears with the more open mouth area.

I've already compared the ear length to the short eared cowl and they ARE in fact a little longer...unless it was an error on whoever made the render and this IS the short eared cowl, which in that case, ignore everything that I've just said.

LEGO_DC_Super-Villains_Batman_The_Animat

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That is tough. As Mgetz pointed out we'll probably eventually get another Pattmobile with sequel movie. Altho LEGO hasn't given us many DC sets lately so there's always the smaller chance that they might release a bat boat or air vehicle instead with the sequel (of course if either appear in the sequel). 

The Pattmobile looks great but I wish it were slightly smaller. Maybe a future one will be smaller? Chances of another minifig scale Tumbler are less likely. I loved the Pattmobile in the film. The Tumbler in the film falls much lower on my list of batmobiles but the LEGO version is well designed. 

Buy the Adam West Batmobile. I bought it already but I do plan to buy the Tumbler. Not sure about the Pattmobile 

Lego will most likely do another batmobile for the sequel, perhaps more screen accurate, wider. We have to get atleast a Flash set, Batman is in it... 

I just cannot believe on how bad is Lego handling DC, atleast do more Batman... 

1 hour ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Lego will most likely do another batmobile for the sequel, perhaps more screen accurate, wider. We have to get atleast a Flash set, Batman is in it... 

I just cannot believe on how bad is Lego handling DC, atleast do more Batman... 

You can blame lego but at the same time lego is a business and money talks. Why would lego put a large chunk of money into part of a theme that doesn’t sell when they have the other part of a theme that sell much better? 

Besides, we should wait with our judgments until we have the full set list :laugh: While I‘m also not expecting much, some of the unknown sets have decent chances to be based on DC, and if they‘re on the same level as last year‘s Tumbler or the sets tying in with The Batman, we’re in for a treat. Quality over quantity :thumbup:

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's a pretty hard choice.

If I had to choose just one, I'd go with Pattinson's, but that's because not only is this my favourite Batmobile and my favourite Batman, but also my favourite Batman movie. Not a fan of Bale and his trilogy.

The build is actually great. 

This is just ironic considering your pfp. I think someone’s got a hard case of recency bias lol 😂

14 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

This is just ironic considering your pfp. I think someone’s got a hard case of recency bias lol 😂

He just has to change the pic to Battinson :laugh:

2 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

I just like that minifigure more. Not a fan of the Pattinson one, which is a huge bummer.

Not to mention that I am not a fan of TDK Trilogy. So "recency bias" has nothing to do with it.

I've recently been thinking about changing it to the TLBM Batman. The best Batman minifigure tbh.

I wonder how much will the suit change for Battinson for the sequels, I wish we got sets based on the HBOMax shows but Penguin might be R rated and Arkham might be too then. I still cannot believe it but Matt Reeves made me want more Batman sets :grin:

Edited by TurinTheGreat

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I just like that minifigure more. Not a fan of the Pattinson one, which is a huge bummer.

Not to mention that I am not a fan of TDK Trilogy. So "recency bias" has nothing to do with it.

I've recently been thinking about changing it to the TLBM Batman. The best Batman minifigure tbh.

Oh I'm sure:wink:

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Whatever that means I guess :tongue:

I just find it funny how everyone is crapping on the dark knight trilogy now that something new has come out. It happens every time. You'll see kiddo, the same thing will happen to this movie. 

11 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

I wonder how much will the suit change for Battinson for the sequels, I wish we got sets based on the HBOMax shows but Penguin might be R rated and Arkham might be too then. I still cannot believe it but Matt Reeves made me want more Batman sets :grin:

I really hope the suit minimizes the armor and makes the cowl dark blue and the suit a lighter gray. That would be a cool figure. New cowl mould as well

Just now, bradreed715 said:

I just find it funny how everyone is crapping on the dark knight trilogy now that something new has come out. It happens every time. You'll see kiddo, the same thing will happen to this movie. 

I really hope the suit minimizes the armor and makes the cowl dark blue and the suit a lighter gray. That would be a cool figure. New cowl mould as well

Yes, The Batman sequel will be better, including if Reeves does the the Mr Freeze story he talked about. 

Just now, TurinTheGreat said:

Yes, The Batman sequel will be better, including if Reeves does the the Mr Freeze story he talked about. 

I meant just the next thing... if the flash movie is decent at all or the batgirl movie they're be people in hoards praising Keaton's cartoony batman, saying they've always like more fantastical universe. It switches every time. When Bale's batman came out everyone loved the realism, then people shat on it when BVS was coming out and said they've always liked a fantastical batman, now it's happening again where Pattinson is the greatest of all time just like Bale was and Affleck was, and realism is how to do it. I have my own opinions I just find it annoying how in order to like a thing now you have to crap on something else or the stigma that every new film is the greatest thing ever made. Check this sub I was getting annoyed that everyone thought NWH was the greatest film ever and now the idea is that NWH sucks now and the Batman is real cinema. That's not true either. I've been at this a long time guys and it happens every single freaking time. 

Anyway, my favorite LEGO batmobile is still the BVS one. Too bad you can't get that one anymore. It'd be sick if they did a $30 set like the 1966 one from last year with Affleck Batman, Leto Joker and Harley Quinn with the dceu batmobile. I hope we get a minifig scale 1989 Batmobile with the flash movie because that is the only theatrical one I'm missing

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You can blame lego but at the same time lego is a business and money talks. Why would lego put a large chunk of money into part of a theme that doesn’t sell when they have the other part of a theme that sell much better? 

I'm sure this discussion has happened before but the "Money talks" justification is somewhat silly to me in this case. I know there are many factors to consider of course in regards to marketing and design...

Apparently...

Marvel = wide range of Avengers cast while DC = Batman and occassionally Superman

Constant rehashes of sets revolving around one character (Batman) and even worse not taking advantage of rich variety of other characters to include in sets. I'm sure some will say that well they tried and sales proved it was a mistake. I'm not so sure that was the case. There are a few sets that are exceptions (Brainiac set and Lobo set) but still I don't think LEGO is giving DC a fair opportunity to express our desire for DC sets with our money. 

I crave the appearance of more DC characters so much that I even bought those lame Mighty Micros sets even though the builds were useless to me AND the minifigures were terribly designed to appear silly and incredibly JUNIOR or 4+.  I guess the poor design choices of the minifigs were to somehow appeal to a younger demographic? 🤦‍♂️

I'm also well aware of the fact that some aspects of DC can be a bit darker than Marvel but still that's not a reasonable excuse. 

Edited by teamzissou

1 hour ago, teamzissou said:

Apparently...

Marvel = wide range of Avengers cast while DC = Batman and occassionally Superman

When dc has tried to do things outside of Batman like justice league sets they have not sold well from my understanding so it makes sense they want to stay with something that at least is a semi proven seller in Batman