Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Love the new broom from the Horntail set (think the dragon looks great)

also surprisingly pleased with the Harry minifig in the Thestral set!

hermione and harry (and hermione in the sirius rescue set) have new heads in the ministry set?? but they aren’t used in any of the other sets

Edited by dyl-and

The new firebolt and new brooms in general!! Grimmauld's Place with Kreacher and Tonks with a pig nose!!! A perfect Shrieking shack with all of the crazy angles! THREE new Sirius Black mini figures! An extendable ear!! Yaxley!! 

They absolutely killed it this year my god.

Wow, just wow!!!

In terms of Minifigures this is more than I could have ever imagined!! Besides Prof Sinistra & Madam Promfrey  we are getting another amazing Hogwarts teacher/ staff member. She looks amazing!

And then the Deathly Hollows themed MoM comes with amazing figs, even Mrs Cattermol is included, can't believe it!

As for the sets:

- Dumbledores Office looks actually really nice from both, inside and outside. Glad they incorporated the library.

- Carriage: not much too say, the figures look really good.

- Cortyard: I'm honestly quite surprised of the build, don't really know yet how the hospital wing could get attached on top of that. Minifigs look good, especially Buckbeak

- Ministry of Magic: Need to get used to the green but besides that solid build and amazing selection of figures

- Grimmauld Place: Honestly my favourite of this wave. The build looks great and the best part is the play function that you can hide it and make it appear. Genius! And again amazing minifigs, they even included Kreacher. Tonks even seems to have the head print with pig nose!!! OMG :D

- Shrieking Shack: Too be honest I'm a bit disappointed by the shack itself, it looks rather small. Will need to get used to. But minifig wise again amazing.

- Horntail: I was not so much interested in Hedwig & Fawkes and this one will also be a pass. It looks a bit bulky and the head a bit too small.

Honestly, this wave is soooo much better than last year. I'm super hyped and couldn't be happier. Excellent job on the Minifigs. Combined with last year's wave we actually get every main character and a lot of hogwarts staff. I'm just wondering, did I miss something or could it be that Hagrid was nowhere included, neither last year (beisdes the golden Hagrid) nor this year?

I'm soooo hyped!!!

Edited by Axxe90

Every one of those sets looks just as good as the 2018-2020 sets. A welcome return to form.

The Grimmauld Place reveal mechanism is absolutely genius. The designers are incredible for it

If Gringotts is the D2C this beats out 2020 as the best wave IMO

So much good news to take in… I don’t even know where to begin! Are those new broom molds??? I can’t believe I’m focusing on that with Kreacher, Lupin Werewolf, green smoking jacket Sirius, Sirius Padfoot, Pince, purple haired Tonks, baby thestral and all the other goodies LEGO has packed into these sets. But seriously can someone confirm that we are getting new broom molds this year? If the D2C is Gringott’s, I am calling this as the best year of Harry Potter LEGO to date.

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

But seriously can someone confirm that we are getting new broom molds this year? 

looks to be just a new broom “fur” piece attached to an antenna piece?

The Sirius Rescue is probably the weakest of the bunch 

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

So much good news to take in… I don’t even know where to begin! Are those new broom molds??? I can’t believe I’m focusing on that with Kreacher, Lupin Werewolf, green smoking jacket Sirius, Sirius Padfoot, Pince, purple haired Tonks, baby thestral and all the other goodies LEGO has packed into these sets. But seriously can someone confirm that we are getting new broom molds this year? If the D2C is Gringott’s, I am calling this as the best year of Harry Potter LEGO to date.

And Baby Fawkes is new too isn’t he?

5 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

And Baby Fawkes is new isn’t he?

isn’t he part 41835

I’m speechless... The Ministry set being fully DH based, beautiful Shrieking Shack with proper Werewolf minifig, that suprise Grimmauld Place set with Tonks and OotP Sirius, thank you Lego, this is the best HP wave since 2020. This theme is back on track with movie accurate sets again thank god. I feel like they were listening to us.

Edited by Textorix

I'm literally going to buy 2 of many of the sets, especially Grimmauld Place and the Ministry.  

This doesn't seem REAL. So many minifigures we were hoping for. Even Mrs. Norris, Filch's Cat! 

Edited by Prometheus87

Wow wow wow.

I just came from the Facebook Post on the Dumbledore's Office set, didn't know all the others had been revealed.

Some things I like, others not so much.

Impressed by how well 12 Grimmauld Place has turned out, inside and out. Probably my favourite of the new sets. Great Minifig choices, especially with Kreacher for the first time.

Ministry is okay, great minifigures but the set is only okay. Like the little inclusion of the indepartmental memos and the black hooter things (can't remember if they have a name). Also getting Dolores' patrons is super cool. Like the mini hall of prophecy too. Hope that Harry newspaper tile is printed and not a sticker.

The courtyard doesn't impress me much. It doesn't have the iconic fountain which is a pretty main feature of the courtyard. The exterior arch design is nice though.

Carriage and thestral: Decent, cute baby Thestral. If I didn't have the Grindelwald set I would be more interested.

Hungarian Horntail: Not bad. Like firebolt build. Think people will be happy we've got a bulkier dragon this time.

Dumbledore's Office: Looks pretty cool. Mrs Norris print is great. Madam Pince is appropriate as she is the librarian but I'd rather have a more memorable character who actually has dialogue like Percy (who we've only got in a set) but I can't deny the fig looks like the film 'depiction'.

Overall the sets are decent. Still not the biggest fan of the more cartoony design that doesn't really look like the films.

These look amazing! I don't have room in the budget (or room on my shelves) for all of them, so I will probably just pick up Grimmauld Place and the Hogwarts Carriage. I might have to get Madame Pince on BrickLink to add to my Hogwarts staff.

What an incredible wave of sets! I absolutely love the Hungarian Horntail, the exclusive Harry with printed dual-molded arms looks great, I love the whole display. The only thing that would make it better is if it could be removed from the stand and could have more poseabillity but that's I know that's an unrealistic ask since neither the Hedwig or Fawkes in this style could do that. 

The Thestral set is such a perfect little $20 set. I love Thestrals and I'm so pleased they continue to be very affordable to get--- and that baby Thestral is awesome! The builds and figures are solid too.

And holy cow those other sets, just incredible!

Edited by ToaDraco

21 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

The Grimmauld Place reveal mechanism is absolutely genius. The designers are incredible for it

If Gringotts is the D2C this beats out 2020 as the best wave IMO

They literally fulfilled like 70% of our wet fan wishes with this wave so Gringotts has to be the D2C, but even if it isn’t these sets already secured this year to be one of the best for Lego HP theme imo. 

Came on here looking back for the leaked info after seeing FB3  and then thirty minutes later, the sets are announced, must be a wizard :pir_tong2:

32 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

The new firebolt and new brooms in general!! Grimmauld's Place with Kreacher and Tonks with a pig nose!!! A perfect Shrieking shack with all of the crazy angles! THREE new Sirius Black mini figures! An extendable ear!! Yaxley!! 

They absolutely killed it this year my god.

Thank you, I was wondering why Tonks had a different hair colour on the box art, but that will be why. The ear is such a nice detail. I can't tell if there's a sticker for the elf heads though. (Keeping my fingers crossed...)

1 minute ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Just noticed Umbridge has the locket. 

And she has her cat patronus!

1 minute ago, Astral said:

Came on here looking back for the leaked info after seeing FB3  and then thirty minutes later, the sets are announced, must be a wizard :pir_tong2:

Yer a hairy wizard... :wink:

Completely missed the Shrieking Shack set.

Looks nicely built though, still a shame they haven't had the bald patch print on Scabbers outside the cmf. Dog Sirius looks a bit scrawny. Werewolf Lupin is okay, although I might've preferred grey over tan. Exterior of the shack is pretty cool, but not much of an interior.

Thing that really puts me off though is the price tag, £80 for that? No way am I getting it now.

Interesting that Sirius Rescue set as a colon with the "Hogwarts Courtyard" - suggesting we will get MORE courtyard sets to round out a subseries. *oh2*