Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

You are relatively new to this forum. There are many of us who have been on here since 2018. You cannot claim that there is “nothing anyone has been asking for” on this list. Some of us have been predicting and wishlisting these sets for years. Try not to be so nasty.

Even I am relatively new to this forum by these standards, and I am aware that this wave is literally 70% of what everyone here was wanting and guessing :D

51 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Idea: Instead of everyone wasting their energy on the one person determined to be nasty just because they aren't getting a wave of 7 differently-priced Death Eater battle packs, lets instead focus on how this sounds like a fantastic wave, full of long-desired locations and elements!

If you read my list you would know Death Eaters didn't even FACTOR into my wish list. But when you think of MoM and OoTP, what do you think of? Death Eaters. This is the only opportunity for Death Eaters and they wasted it. The only scene I wanted from MoM was the iconic OoTP climax. And instead it's 'let's play office!'

I wanted sets that actually include new locations and characters. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

Just now, Textorix said:

Even I am relatively new to this forum by these standards, and I am aware that this wave is literally 70% of what everyone here was wanting and guessing :D

I am so glad everyone guess Shrieking Shack. I might be able to forgive my 14 year old self for not buying the Shack set back then!

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Idea: Instead of everyone wasting their energy on the one person determined to be nasty just because they aren't getting a wave of 7 differently-priced Death Eater battle packs, lets instead focus on how this sounds like a fantastic wave, full of long-desired locations and elements!

Great idea :thumbup: :sweet:

Thinking about, dementos in the Ministry set could mean three things:set partially based on DH (maybe having also Umbdrige's office); set totally based on DH (and there's a lot of confusion on charachters) or someone confusingg Deatheaters with dementors.

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

:laugh: agreed! I imagine that Dumbledores office has been designed to stack with the upcoming Hospital Wing - it sounds like it has the same hinged features. I wonder if we could be getting an open winged Fawkes… It sounds like there is still some confusion over all the minifigs and new elements in these sets.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Also, while it's a small thing, I'm so excited to finally get a Mrs. Norris- unironically my most-wanted character since the 2018 relaunch.

With any luck it’s a new long haired cat mold, as we are getting a new mold with the baby thestral.

Hopefully we get Fang in the last set of the theme..

These sets have potential but some of the minfig choices are very strange. I think it’s a huge mistake the make the Ministry set centered around Harry’s hearing rather than the final battle. I mean really? The Lucius figure had better be the battle version that’s all I’m saying

Just now, sebastian666 said:

:laugh: agreed! I imagine that Dumbledores office has been designed to stack with the upcoming Hospital Wing - it sounds like it has the same hinged features.

Not exactly. It sounds to me like the Dumbledore's office is a module that has attachment points on both the front and the sides, allowing for 90⁰ building, while the Hospital Wing had hinges.

Honestly I'm happy with these sets!! Would have liked some more GoF (Merpeople and Durmstrang ship) but I'm happy with what's proposed. Also lmao ANOTHER Cho Chang though! And no Rita :(

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

:laugh: agreed! I imagine that Dumbledores office has been designed to stack with the upcoming Hospital Wing - it sounds like it has the same hinged features. I wonder if we could be getting an open winged Fawkes… It sounds like there is still some confusion over all the minifigs and new elements in these sets.

Oh! I thought it would be stacked on Sirius’ Rescue because the description says fountain and arches. But I think you are correct 

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Keep in mind that some of other characters could also be placeholders :tongue:

Yeah it is not like these are final minifig lists. I am sure there is going to be plenty of new variants and even few new character just like last year.

Just now, BrickMatit said:

Thinking about, dementos in the Ministry set could mean three things:set partially based on DH (maybe having also Umbdrige's office); set totally based on DH (and there's a lot of confusion on charachters) or someone confusingg Deatheaters with dementors.

Yeah, I think there’s a strong chance of a Dementors - Death Eaters mix up. They’re both wearing hoods and mostly black after all (and the Death Eater masks wouldn’t look that different from a dementor face in low quality pics either). 

The golden statue in the set description does favor OotP after all, and that’s much harder to get confused about. 

Just now, joeee said:

Oh! I thought it would be stacked on Sirius’ Rescue because the description says fountain and arches. But I think you are correct 

That is weird actually, because the fountain doesn’t belong to Dark Tower but rather to Clock Tower courtyard.

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Not exactly. It sounds to me like the Dumbledore's office is a module that has attachment points on both the front and the sides, allowing for 90⁰ building, while the Hospital Wing had hinges.

Just reread the description - I think you are right. Sounds like it’s more there to allow the new modular Hogwarts layout to begin to become a square rather than just a continuous straight line of castle elements.

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

These sets have potential but some of the minfig choices are very strange. I think it’s a huge mistake the make the Ministry set centered around Harry’s hearing rather than the final battle. I mean really? The Lucius figure had better be the battle version that’s all I’m saying

Exactly. But you're not allowed to criticise the God of LEGO or you get bullied off of the forums.

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Usually, a lack of new characters would bother me too, but OotP is my favourite of the films so all is forgiven :grin:

Same here, as a minifigure fanatic I do care about them, but these sets are exactly what I hoped, so I dont mind the lack of new characters yet ... we will get some anyways, no need to be overdramatic here about them :D

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

That is weird actually, because the fountain doesn’t belong to Dark Tower but rather to Clock Tower courtyard.

Yeah, I'll bet any money that the Hospital Wing was designed to stack on the base of the Dark Tower set- same width, the DT is seemingly symmetrical, and that fountain goes with the Clock Tower.

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I think maybe the Sirius set is meant to stack under the Clocktower / hospital wing set and Dumbledore’s office is a new style building that turns the layout inward at a 90’ angle rather than continue to build vertically or horizontally 

edit - Ninja’d by @Retro Brick Reviews

Edited by sebastian666

Okay so massive long shot, but Promobricks is claiming they don't know what set 76408 is. But what if @BrickFunatic was right and it is brick built Dobby with his sock, hence why they said 470 for this to the Dobby with his sock image (which has now vanished) because they know it is coming just not at that price, but can't reveal the retailer exclusive. Of course they could also just be poking fun at the D2C Dobby idea.

I hope it's not and am personally in favour of a Second Task, but just a thought.

Edited by BacktoBricks

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I think maybe the Sirius set is meant to stack under the Clocktower / hospital wing set and Dumbledore’s office is a new style building that turns the layout inward at a 90’ angle rather than continue to build vertically or horizontally 

But that wouldn’t make any sense because how can we stack "tower" under Hospital Wing? Also it is based on completely different building than Clock Tower... but hey maybe Lego just don’t care about any actual castle accuracy and they are going free style with stacking

Edited by Textorix