Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Unfortunately most of the sets suck and the sales are not in the top 5

I also love spreading misinformation online!

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Marvel, to be fair, is normally one of the last to leak. It is still possible we don't see anything this week, this week just seems likely given the reveal/leak of the mech sets last year was 15th November, at just under 3 hours from now.

I would'nt suggest hyping yourself up over specific days/times though, but more a general sense of 'it should be revealed/leaked this week or next week' given they normally put most of the January sets on Lego Shop@Home on December 1st so people can get enticed into the sets when thinking of what to get around/after Christmas.

Maybe they delay it because the Eiffel tower announcement?

I think they announced a few months ago a D2C set and also regular sets on the same day.

Preliminary images, set descriptions, leaked minifigures… there are many alternatives to the official reveal to pass the time.  this silence on all fronts is unnerving

8 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Maybe they delay it because the Eiffel tower announcement?

I think they announced a few months ago a D2C set and also regular sets on the same day.

Nah

I'm pretty sure November 15th last year was a Monday,  and the marvel reveals were simply just the first official reveals of the 2022 January wave. I suspect Lego wanted to get all of 2022's sets revealed first before they move on to next year, so I'm guessing next week wil be the earliest we could see them. There's no chance Marvel will be first this year either, so it might be a longer wait than we expect.

19 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

There's no chance Marvel will be first this year either, so it might be a longer wait than we expect.

Of course there’s no chance Marvel is the first 2023 theme to be officially revealed. Friends already beat Marvel to it, followed by Avatar 2 :head_back:

And regarding the lack of descriptions: at least we have names, which is more than can be said for other themes :tongue: For instance, we still have no clue what Mario sets we‘re getting!

39 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Friends already beat Marvel to it, followed by Avatar 2 :head_back:

Kind of forgot about that, but I meant more so of the rest of the reveals. Last year, the marvel mechs were revealed before starwars, ninjago, or even city, but in 2021, Harry Potter and Mario were the first themes revealed in mid-November, so I think expecting Marvel specifically to come before everything else that's left isn't the best expectation.

I'm hoping the ninjago mech raider isn't a sign of what the Ghost Rider set will look like. The strange proportions are fine for ninjago, but I feel like that tall bike would look ridiculous for Ghost Rider. Then again, most people here think the idea in and of itself is ridiculous, so maybe I shouldn't expect something reasonable from a crazy idea.

edit: and now it seems the rest of the friends sets are next to be revealed, based on them being listed in the instructions portal on Lego.com. It still could be this week, but none of this seems to be very predictable.

Edited by The_Fiery_Rooster

I think the gold figure idea for marvel wasnt set in stone for most but two themes had done this in the past so many were thinking that its the most logical step if they were to do anniversary sets.

star wars didnt have gold figs for their anniversary sets and marvel would do better going this route. What those would be in each set i dont know but gold is not the only option. 

i wanted a redo of the wave we got in 2012. Some key sets from both DC and Marvel.

how they didnt know when the series started is utter crap. The series was called “super heroes” and if its on the box then that is when it started. 2012. If we can figure that out then they can.

when rumors started going around about the harry potter 20th anniversary sets we all thought about other themes that could do the same thing and low and behold we clicked that lego marvel has one coming up. That was way back in 2019… they had time to plan this.

also that joke about the cake?!? “What cake, you guys had cake?!”

i was not laughing. What are u celebrating guys? Why celebrate? So it did cross your mind?!? 

ash&flash said they had such passion when they spoke about the marvel and DC theme but i didnt hear or see it (when minisuperheroestoday spoke to mike trafford and ashandflash to the super heroes team)

It was awkward and nervous and clearly they couldnt say much. I have very little faith in the super heroes team management and marketing know how.

sure marvel places limitations on them but i dont see that happening with other toy companies. LEGO must be one of the smaller companies disney and marvel are dealing with. 

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

The series was called “super heroes” and if its on the box then that is when it started. 2012. If we can figure that out then they can

But in 2019 the writing disappeared, so there are no 10 years of super heroes 😬

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

But in 2019 the writing disappeared, so there are no 10 years of super heroes 😬

Haha i meant to help the designers pin point the start of the line as they included the studios sets that included spider-man.

but yeah then it wouldnt be 10 years! Slowly killing the theme?!? Conspiracies abound!!! Lol

After watching Black Panther, I have only one note about what I now think about the sets

Not a spoiler, but I'll keep it in a box out of respect

Attuma didn't deserve two figures. My guess would be as they used a new mold, there wanted to get as much use of it as they could, but he didn't play a significant role at all. One of his figures should've been Namora, just to add more to the Talokan army

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

After watching Black Panther, I have only one note about what I now think about the sets

Not a spoiler, but I'll keep it in a box out of respect

Reveal hidden contents

Attuma didn't deserve two figures. My guess would be as they used a new mold, there wanted to get as much use of it as they could, but he didn't play a significant role at all. One of his figures should've been Namora, just to add more to the Talokan army

Also Namor figure is disappointing. In the movie, his torso is rich. Lego did him dirty 

12 minuti fa, StarLord ha detto:

Anche la figura di Namor è deludente. Nel film, il suo busto è ricco. Lego lo ha sporcato

We must always remember that Lego works with concept-art that can change.  I believe that most of the time this is why we get inaccurate minifigures.  Different story for Namora, that was a mistake

On 11/15/2022 at 1:32 PM, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

I'm pretty sure November 15th last year was a Monday,  and the marvel reveals were simply just the first official reveals of the 2022 January wave. I suspect Lego wanted to get all of 2022's sets revealed first before they move on to next year, so I'm guessing next week wil be the earliest we could see them.

Yeah, given the lack of Marvel this week so far it's probably next week, as they normally have them on Shop@home on 1st December showing they'll be released in January.

On 11/16/2022 at 1:30 PM, StarLord said:

Also Namor figure is disappointing. In the movie, his torso is rich. Lego did him dirty 

The worst part of the Namor minifig is his legs, the print doesn't extend over the upper part so you can't even pose him in a swimming pose without it looking cheap and stupid.

32 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

The worst part of the Namor minifig is his legs, the print doesn't extend over the upper part so you can't even pose him in a swimming pose without it looking cheap and stupid.

Huh? Printing never extends up that far into the legs because otherwise it would get scratched off by the constant movement, wouldn't it? LEGO has never printed legs that far up (as far as I know), it's not like they were purposefully cutting corners with Namor.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Huh? Printing never extends up that far into the legs because otherwise it would get scratched off by the constant movement, wouldn't it? LEGO has never printed legs that far up (as far as I know), it's not like they were purposefully cutting corners with Namor.

Take a look at the recent Dr. Strange and I think most of the Marvel CMF figures have print extended or it blends in better.

That said, due to the colours it really sticks out on Namor.

Edited by LegendaryArticuno

Also, printing is applied after the legs get attached to the hips. Printing high up the legs would thus require the legs to be automatically bend all the way, have the print stamped on there, and then bend them back. That‘s at least one additional step compared to how it‘s usually done, and that can‘t be cheap :tongue: Not really worth it just to allow better-looking posing as most of the time, you wouldn‘t even see it

Namor has a lot of problems, but in my opinion they are all on the top side of the minifigure 😅.

(I wonder if Lego also digitally removed the genitalia 👀)

Waiting for these images that never arrive, I wonder if all the hopes I had in 2022 will be fulfilled in 2023: No Way Home, more Infinty Saga and CMF Disney Plus. I am anxious because for shows from Hawkeye onwards, this could be the last chance.  Infinity Saga also worries me, we don't know how long Lego will exploit this format, and if it continues to be wasted like in 2022, we could reach the end without completing all the missing pieces of the MCU.  For No Way Home it may not be the last chance, but the same time has passed as EndGame by now.  I'm also curious to see if we'll see any sets for x-men 97 (if the show isn't canceled sooner)… and a new minifigure scale D2C of course.  It can be a great Marvel year

So I initially thought the X-Men 97 reboot would be a live action project in 2023 due to my misunderstanding of it’s announcement. Now that I have been clarified that the project is actually an animated reboot of the original series, I am nothing short of ecstatic to see that new show. I absolutely love the X Men, and finding out their classic 90’s costumes will be revisited in animation is actually better to me than finding out it would be a live action project. This is because the outfits are more likely to lean towards that classic feel in an animated format.

It remains to be seen whether or not Lego will release content for it in 2023, but the fact that animated X Men content is set to release before they make their MCU debut gives us the possibility of receiving X Men sets earlier than anticipated! And with their classic costumes at that! We finally have the possibility of receiving Jean Grey, Beast, Rogue, and Professor X figure in their classic costumes! I really hope we see something for the X Men in 2023, but wouldn’t be mad at the prospect of having to wait till 2024 if it means getting some well developed sets.

I say this all because, there is a good chance Marvel may not depict the X Men in complete comic accuracy in live action as some tweaks are usually made when adapting this content. This animated series provides the best opportunity to get classic designs we’re all familiar with. I’m really excited to see if we get anything next year.

51 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

No Way Home, more Infinty Saga and CMF Disney Plus.

With our fast world, I would usually say the ship has long sailed. Let‘s face it: I don’t see any of the post-Endgame movies getting more spoilery sets after the fact, unless they go for a „multiverse saga“ throwback range after phase 6. By the time spoilery sets for most movies could be produced, at least two other ones are already out :tongue:

However, this is Spidey we‘re talking about! If sets with random version of Gobbie and other baddies alongside thrown together vehicles still sell, I don‘t see why sets with the awesome NWH villain designs wouldn‘t :classic:

Moreover, as others have mentioned, the gap between The Marvels and Cap 4 would be ideal for NWH sets!

19 minuti fa, cosmic ha detto:

Dico tutto questo perché, c'è una buona probabilità che la Marvel non rappresenti gli X Men in completa precisione comica in live action poiché di solito vengono apportate alcune modifiche quando si adatta questo contenuto. Questa serie animata offre la migliore opportunità per ottenere disegni classici che tutti conosciamo. Sono davvero entusiasta di vedere se avremo qualcosa l'anno prossimo.

That's exactly my hope.  That 2014 set was so sad and dark.  Lego interpreted the lack of interest in a non-representative set of the franchise as a lack of interest in the franchise itself!  There are so many possibilities to explore… my only fear is that we could only get one set with of course Wolverine and Magneto 😩 obviously a complete line would be ideal to do justice to the theme, with all protagonists, all villains, bigfigures, huge sentinels etc

Sony announced a Silk show for Amazon Prime. I’m thinking we can see her around then and add another to the spidey lego family