Jerac

T70 X-Wing: A classic revisited

On 1/5/2022 at 9:48 AM, Jerac said:

1xioT81.png

On 1/6/2022 at 2:28 AM, Jerac said:

Investigation is underway, but it really seems those "studs with bars" come in two variants which are not discernible by color or even part number. 

I encountered this issue just now.  I had 3 'long' versions, and 4 'short' versions amongst the 7 required for this MOC.  All my spare Black and Trans-Clear were short.

Fortunately, I just bought the Hoth AT-ST 75322, and there are 2 Black studs in the set (1 required, 1 spare).  I opened the set and they are both 'long'!  Perhaps the long version is newer, and replacing the short ones? 

Edit: Didn't mean to post that before I hadn't even typed anything yet but whatever I guess, lol

Did my best to build the model in stud.io and give it the Poe's TROS color scheme, lots of collision going on in the forward fuselage, doesn't matter of course. A good few parts don't exist in orange. I was content with some of them being replaced with LBG or whatever but others needed a slightly different sub-assembly. I actually particularly like how the missile tube looks here. I don't really love the replacement for the 2x3 slopes by both engines, but keeping the slope in either orange or white ruined the angle of the triangular pattern too much. 

The back of each engine is modded to get some more accurate shaping, The T-70 I have built irl is modded the same way, I think it's super nice. 

If it wasn't for the fact that I really absolutely don't need another lego x-wing right now, I'd love to build this in real bricks. 

muk4OU7.png

JzAUHaU.png

33WyB6v.png

Edited by StephenBoe

@StephenBoe: Very nice! Could I trouble you for the Studio file?

@Jerac: (Don't worry about me asking him for the Studio file, I've already bought the instructions for your T-70 and built the blue and gray version.)