Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

I think since this is a more experimental theme we could see some pretty good price per piece, like with the HFW Tallneck. At least I don't think it'll be as bad as Star Wars

I would expect a relatively good PPP ratio, depending exactly how many new moulds there are, but we'll have to see. 

3 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

I think a Samson would be a better fit than a Scorpion. The main characters fly around in a Samson which is the transport chopper, but the Scorpion is the 1 seater attack helicopter.

I think since this is a more experimental theme we could see some pretty good price per piece, like with the HFW Tallneck. At least I don't think it'll be as bad as Star Wars

SA-2 Samson seems very likely, not that military compared to Scorpion. 

I wonder how many new molds they will make, most likely the alien animals will be brickbuilt, maybe we get a molded head for some like the Banshee? And the rest of the body is brickbuilt like Ninjago dragons. 

nvb721x4spk81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

New book, World of Avatar shows flora and fauna from Avatar 2.

I HATE the heads. I wish LEGO used a head pieces, like hair, then a molded head that looks like it's for the Friends line. Frankly I think minidolls would look better.

9 minutes ago, Maple said:

I HATE the heads. I wish LEGO used a head pieces, like hair, then a molded head that looks like it's for the Friends line. Frankly I think minidolls would look better.

Why not wait for the finished minifig first? I think Just2Good made a good point, that Mordo hairpiece leak makes more sense to be for Avatar because it has room for the ears and thst way lego doesn't have to make new ear+hair molds every time, they can use that tail hairpiece thst characters such as Nadahkhan use. I think they will look good, we just need to be patient, these are prototypes after all. 

1 hour ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Why not wait for the finished minifig first? I think Just2Good made a good point, that Mordo hairpiece leak makes more sense to be for Avatar because it has room for the ears and thst way lego doesn't have to make new ear+hair molds every time, they can use that tail hairpiece thst characters such as Nadahkhan use. I think they will look good, we just need to be patient, these are prototypes after all. 

And the prototype looks terrible.  Sure the finished version will likely look better, but from a starting point this decreases me looking forward to the theme.

29 minutes ago, Maple said:

And the prototype looks terrible.  Sure the finished version will likely look better, but from a starting point this decreases me looking forward to the theme.

See, this is because of the leak, if you saw the final look you probably wouldn't have this opinion, let's hope it looks great. 

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Oooh, I’m sorry to hear that you hate the heads too early….

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Seeing how these figures will likely have the woody legs and arms (or at least I hope) the molded heads will help with the overall proportion.

They could’ve just made a hair + ear combo if they were going for regular minifig bodies but I believe that won’t be the case. 

3 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Seeing how these figures will likely have the woody legs and arms (or at least I hope) the molded heads will help with the overall proportion.

They could’ve just made a hair + ear combo if they were going for regular minifig bodies but I believe that won’t be the case. 

They will not. LEGO designers explained why Woody doesn't even have Woody legs anymore. 

If LEGO is already going to make funny heads that look kind of minidollish, they might as well just make the figures minidolls, they be tall and thin like the characters from the movie and use minifigures for the humans.

Edited by Maple

1 hour ago, Maple said:

They will not. LEGO designers explained why Woody doesn't even have Woody legs anymore. 

If LEGO is already going to make funny heads that look kind of minidollish, they might as well just make the figures minidolls, they be tall and thin like the characters from the movie and use minifigures for the humans.

Do you have evidence to support why they won’t do woody legs or whatever that could match heads then? Lego is competely unprecitable…

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Do you have evidence to support why they won’t do woody legs or whatever that could match heads then? Lego is competely unprecitable…

Indeed. 

The marketing will start soon, I hope we get something by April. 

Quote:

Given how long it’s been since the first Avatar film, how will the studio ignite enough audience interest to justify their budgets once the sequels finally hit?

I can tell you that there is no better marketing apparatus in the business than the one at Disney. They will do an incredible job reigniting that passion for the original film. This is not just a sequel, it’s a saga. And it’s a family saga. It will be compelling on its own, but it will also be extremely compelling to return to those characters and to see how they’ve evolved. It’s less about Avatar being a really big movie and more about how Avatar was a really important cultural moment for audiences. I don’t think it will be hard to convince people to come back.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/avatar-death-on-the-nile-sequel-and-free-guy-future-1235103538/#recipient_hashed=4099e28fd37d67ae86c8ecfc73a6b7b652abdcdb75a184f8cf1f8015afde10e9

On 3/1/2022 at 7:31 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think that if they were to do woody legs it would be kind of cursed, I have a woody, and the blue looks a bit off (of course the minifig did come out 10+ years ago) and the joints have worn down, so if they were to do this I would want for them to either remake the piece entirely or just not do it.

also, I have a theory, maybe the regular retail sets, the Navi are buildable figures, but in the d2c they would have minifigs, keep in mind that this theory completely relies on us getting retail sets and a d2c, remember that the Navi aren't just like a foot or so bigger than the humans, the Navi are 9-10 ft tall but I think a lot of people would be disappointed if we just got buildable figs so you can get the d2c if you want the minifigs, 

also if you notice on the leaked hair piece theirs a rod connection in the hair, I think that we could be getting a new piece to attach the hair to the banshee so that even more supports the sets

This is so weird, the sets are quite expensive and only 4? I hope we get more, I will buy them anyway. 

I guess Pandora's Journey might be the sequel title? I liked Avatar: Way of Water more than this, not bad though. 

3 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

This is so weird, the sets are quite expensive and only 4? I hope we get more, I will buy them anyway. 

I guess Pandora's Journey might be the sequel title? I liked Avatar: Way of Water more than this, not bad though. 

No, that‘s the full title of the first movie in German: „Avatar: Aufbruch nach Pandora“, meaning „Journey to Pandora“. No idea why they chose a dumb title like that, given that the journey itself lasts a single scene and doesn‘t matter at all :laugh_hard:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, that‘s the full title of the first movie in German: „Avatar: Aufbruch nach Pandora“, meaning „Journey to Pandora“. No idea why they chose a dumb title like that, given that the journey itself lasts a single scene and doesn‘t matter at all :laugh_hard:

Huh. Anyway... I suppose 75572 has a big mould? 

LEGO 75571 [Avatar - Pandora's Journey]

The smallest LEGO Avatar set contains 560 pieces and has an MSRP of € 39.99 (US$39.99).

LEGO 75572 [Avatar - Pandora's Journey]

The second set, which will be available from the LEGO Avatar theme world, costs 54.99 euros in Germany and 59.99 US dollars in the USA. It contains 572 parts .

LEGO 75573 [Avatar - Pandora's Journey]

The third LEGO Avatar set comes in 887 pieces and is priced at  89.99 (US$89.99).

LEGO 75574 [Avatar - Pandora's Journey]

The largest set in the LEGO Avatar theme world is said to consist of 1212 parts and will be available in retail for 139.99 euros (139.99 US dollars).

1 minute ago, TurinTheGreat said:

What if the Na'vi have a new body mould? With legs and torso? Like just a little longer? 

This has been the topic of a lot of discussion, as LEGO isn't doing the longer "woody" legs anymore, but we really don't know if they would do a new longer mould for legs and/or torso/arms. I suppose we'll just have to see. 

2 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

This has been the topic of a lot of discussion, as LEGO isn't doing the longer "woody" legs anymore, but we really don't know if they would do a new longer mould for legs and/or torso/arms. I suppose we'll just have to see. 

I think they should do the torso longer too, I don't like Woody because he had that normal torso, didn't work with long legs and long arms. Not for me anyway. I guess the head mould helped to balace it but I don't think this one for the Na'vi would work that well. 

Oh, I also wonder if we get more sets or only these 4, I know the original rumour said we get Brickheadz too. 

as excited as I am for these sets, them not having any sets under 40$ is a big mistake, this theme has the same problem as monkey kid, all big sets but no smaller ones, a theme that's centered towards the western market needs 1 or smaller sets, of course, monkey kid is centered towards the east so that's where they differ, experimental themes such as this one need a small introductory set in order to be successful I don't, I think I have a prediction, the 2 bigger sets might be 18+ but not d2cs (with a similar retail availability to vaders meditation chamber, also I really do hope that the entire wave is modular or connectable, one of pandoras best parts is how much flora and fauna there is, with them being connectable you can semi recreate that, also lego, I know your reading this, don't give us another oversized mech, I want settings, not vehicles. 

4 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

keep in mind that this theory completely relies on us getting retail sets and a d2c,

There is no way Lego will do Avatar D2C's until this theme proves itself, but I think Hometree or the ISV Venture Star would be great, one as a "MBS" style set and the other as a "UCS" style set

Its a shame it seems the release was pushed to October, but it makes sense based off of the film's delays. It still (at least in theory) could be two waves, one in April and one in October as they are 6 months apart, but we'll find out pretty soon I guess