Jim

[REVIEW] 42137 - Formula E Porsche 99X Electric

11 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Those pictures seem to suggest (but I still don't get why you don't just test this and show us) that the angle between the surface holes (and the diagonal edges) is indeed the same as that of the 4x6 bent beam and the distance therefore must be sqrt(3^2 + 4^2) = 5, and that, therefore, the new panel could be installed at an angle, similar to the "seat panels". Not sure how that will be useful, but it's always good if panels have multiple ways of using them, particularly at non-right angles.

I suggest we call it Panel 7 x 5 x 2 Parallelogram :)

Good catch, indeed the holes seem to be 5 studs apart, so we can mount it at an angle. Brilliant idea and a very robust design indeed.

17 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Those pictures seem to suggest (but I still don't get why you don't just test this and show us) that the angle between the surface holes (and the diagonal edges) is indeed the same as that of the 4x6 bent beam and the distance therefore must be sqrt(3^2 + 4^2) = 5, and that, therefore, the new panel could be installed at an angle, similar to the "seat panels". Not sure how that will be useful, but it's always good if panels have multiple ways of using them, particularly at non-right angles.

Here you go...

51731515093_a698bcca25.jpg

51730453297_5d6ea6c4a3.jpg

51731264616_451449415d.jpg

Mmm, I like they started making these flip-flap altrenating pinholes at the panels too. It makes them even more versatle!

35 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Mmm, I like they started making these flip-flap altrenating pinholes at the panels too. It makes them even more versatle!

Indeed. Sometimes attaching panels can be a real headache, as the easiest point of attachment would be perpendicular to the panel surface...

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Here you go...

Thanks! :thumbup:

I definitely think there'll be some cool options with this part. Also, nice that we're getting it in 2 useful, basic colors at once :)

32 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Thanks! :thumbup:

I definitely think there'll be some cool options with this part. Also, nice that we're getting it in 2 useful, basic colors at once :)

True and true.

The option to create “longer” panels/hulls is awesome.

I'm not sure if it deserves a dedicated topic due to a relatively minor modification and since it is the only modification published here for this set. So, I'm putting it here, and I'm sorry in advance if I'm doing it wrong.

The modification that I accidentally did, when missed 127-128 building steps, is an absence of the "nose" forward mount point limiter. Whitout this construction the "nose" handles the bumps and crashed surprisingly better - the 13L curved panel starts working as a leaf spring and absorbs the stress caused by front impacts.

Here are the steps which I missed:

800x1148.png