Megbricks

Lego colors - coming and going

Color 369 is called 'Light Block. White'. I have absolutely no idea where this has been/is being used, but it's definitely among the more interesting names out there. Still very excited to see if we'll end up getting bricks in Medium Tan and Medium Brown! 

I always try to think which colour shades are still not covered by Lego but we are extremely spoilt these days (I go back to the days when green and brown bricks were pretty rare). I love the feeling of opening a new set and seeing a new colour I don’t have. Does anybody know which piece has been made with the most different colours. I’d love to see people post a spectrum of all the 1x2 plates available.

9 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Does anybody know which piece has been made with the most different colours. I’d love to see people post a spectrum of all the 1x2 plates available.

Bricklink indicates white by a wide margin: Colour Guide

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood, thought you were asking the most common colour

Edited by CastleRail

12 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Does anybody know which piece has been made with the most different colours.

Brickset had an article about that last year:

The accolade of part produced in the most colours, then, goes to the humble 1x2 brick and 2x4 plate. If the 15 colours that the pillarless transparent version has been produced in are also taken into account, the 1x2 brick wins hands-down.

Medium Brown definitely seems to be making a comeback. Check out Priyanka in the high quality images for 41699 and 41718. Nougat and medium nougat are clearly displayed close to her in next sets and they don’t match her skin tone! 

The new skin tone/ brown-ish color can also be clearly seen in the Elvis Presley LEGO ART mosaic, so it's definitely coming.

Mylenium

Interesting! 

On 1/23/2022 at 7:08 PM, lifeinplastic said:

I always try to think which colour shades are still not covered by Lego but we are extremely spoilt these days (I go back to the days when green and brown bricks were pretty rare). I love the feeling of opening a new set and seeing a new colour I don’t have. Does anybody know which piece has been made with the most different colours. I’d love to see people post a spectrum of all the 1x2 plates available.

Check this out: (1x2 bricks) https://www.flickr.com/photos/168845843@N04/51614810252/in/datetaken/

He posts photos of his collections of bricks and plates. Here’s the 1x2 plates photo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168845843@N04/51008016533/in/datetaken/

Do check out Flickr if you want more of these photos. There’s a whole community that posts photos like these. ^ 

Edited by notabrick614
other post

I finally got my hands on vibrant yellow from the PAB wall. I got 5 full cups of the two pieces they had. I love the color. No idea what i will use it for. But I have to agree that while I love it and love to have new colors, it feels weird at first. 
 Now I need tons of 1x2s in this colors:)