Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Stars - Mission #7: My Bleeding Hart

Kirwin continues to rally Varen.

ooc: Sorry I typed this yesterday morning before work and must not have hit enter!

bridgeround2.png

Round Two:
Varen moves to G1
Varen vs. Creature A - (4, 5, 1, 4 +1) 4 Successes vs. (3) 0 Success = 4 damage 
Merei rallies Zaria
Zaria vs. Creature B - (1, 1, 5, 1, 6, 4 +1) 4 Successes vs. (4) 1 Success = 3 damage
Kirwin rallies Varen

Creature A moves to F2
Creature A vs. Varen - (5, 3, 6 +1) 3 Successes vs. (3, 1) 0 Success = 3 damage, Varen unstable.
Creature B vs. Merei (2, 6, 3 +1) 2 Successes vs. (2, 4) 1 Success = 1 damage
Creature C moves to E1
Creature C vs. Kirwin (5, 6, 2 +1) 3 Successes vs. (1, 4) 1 Success = 2 damage

Merei and Kirwin guide Zaria and Varen as the next round of combat begins. Varen rolls back into position, and with the help of Kirwin's drones, aims true - a shot of energy punching through the head of one of the creatures, sending the viscous alien matter everywhere. Zaria follows suit, slicing her scimitar down the length of the closest opponent. Though her blade strikes true, it gets caught in the thick sinewy tendrils and fails to fully bisect the creature. The fluid beings go on the attack - the first one pursues its initial prey, pushing Varen into the corner and tearing into his flesh until he is knocked out. The next one, agitated by Merei's flaming presence, attempts to bite into her, but Merei is able to shake it off without much damage. The last one leaps on Kirwin, gnawing on their strange body until one of Kirwin's drones shakes it off. A little worse for wear, the heroes gather together to face the next round.

The Enemy:
hydra_small_profile.png
?? Creature A (F2)
Vitality: 1/5
Velocity: 3
Strength: 2
Skill: 1
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Equipment: Captain Ilbery's Security Card
Innate: Piercing Mandibles (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)

hydra_small_profile.png
? Creature B (C1)
Vitality: 2/5
Equipment: Captain's Sidearm (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon)

hydra_small_profile.png
? Creature C (E1)
Vitality: 5/5
Equipment: Alien Mandible (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)

The Party:
hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 2/14
Vitality: 4/6
Velocity: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Coding 2, Piloting 1, Engineering 2, Explosives 1, Technology 2 
Credits: 18
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Utility Belt
Inventory: 4 Hampering Minor Chemical Contained grenades, 3 Plasma Potions, Adventuring Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour), Hacking Chip,  Aether Brew

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg
Merei Teo
Age 24 Female, Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Character Points: 1/14
Vitality: 5/6 
Velocity: 2
Strength: 2
Skill: 2
Spirit: 0/3
Proficiencies: Occult 1, Religion 1, Coding 1, Insight 1
Known Spells: Healing Light, Solar Flare, Gravity Sink
Credits: 151
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)
Inventory: Essence of Intellect, Aetherbrew, Plasma Potion, Nanite Elixir

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ) *Unstable*
26, Male, Human
Character Points: 2/13
Vitality: 0/5
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 0
Proficiencies: Culture 2, Deception 1, Insight 1, Persuasion 2, Long Range Weapon 1, Coding 1*
Known Spells (if applicable): 
Credits: 124
Equipment: Lawyer's Rifle (Standard Long Range Energy weapon), Translator Cube
Inventory: 1x Essence of Glibness, 1x Essence of Intellect, Ion Repeater (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon), Adrenaline Decoction, 2x Bulking Stim, Plasma Potion

51159739184_6833cca547_o.png
Zaria Kanara (Kintobor) 
226 Year Old Female Elf
Character Points: 2/15
Vitality: 6/6
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Religion 2, Melee Weapons 2
Known Spells: Warding Bond, Sonic Sweep
Credits: 139
Equipment: Power Khopesh (Standard Kintetic Melee Weapon), Dune Sea Armour (Standard Kinetic Armour), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion (4), Aether Brew (2), Essence of Toughness, Holoscroll (Enhanced Vision)

Edited by The Legonater

“Kirwin,” Merei calls, “are you alright? Can you give Varen a potion or do you need my light?”

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

“Kirwin,” Merei calls, “are you alright? Can you give Varen a potion or do you need my light?”

Kirwin glances over and yells "We need to take down a couple of these creatures or it won't matter if I help Valen! We'll both be back on the floor in no time! Stay clear! This is probably gonna hurt!"

Kirwin moves to G2, throws a grenade to encompass E/F 1/2 and shields Valen with their body. 

ooc: I think i was under the impression the gren floor plates were consoles that everybody could not pass through! lol

Edited by karmajay

Merei hesitates, not wanting to waste her supplies if they need them later, but also seeing Kirwin injured and Varen down. She drinks an Aetherbrew.

1 hour ago, karmajay said:

ooc: I think i was under the impression the gren floor plates were consoles that everybody could not pass through! lol

MM Note: I apologize for the confusion! The green is just there for aesthetic purposes.

Zaria moves to D1 and strikes Creature B. "Once this one's been slain, I will focus on the last one likely standing. We will get Varen up!"

Edited by Kintobor

15 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria moves to D1 and strikes Creature A. "Once this one's been slain, I will focus on the last one likely standing. We will get Varen up!"

MM Note: Zaria cannot strike Creature A from D1. 

Just now, Kintobor said:

OoC: Sorry, fixed my statement.

MM Note:thumbup: Perfect!

bridgeround3.png

Round 3:
Merei drinks an Aetherbrew (4 +2) Six successes = 6 Spirit gained.
Zaria moves to D1
Zaria vs Creature B - (3, 4 +1) 2 Successes vs. (3) 0 Successes = 2 damage
Kirwin throws a grenade at E1, E2, F1, F2 - 3 damage vs. (4) One Success from Creature A and (2) 0 Successes from Creature C

Creature C moves to F1
Creature C vs Kirwin - (3, 4, 3 +1) 2 Successes vs. (2, 6) 1 Success = 1 damage
Creature A death roll (5)
Creature B death roll (3)

The skirmish rages around Varen's unconscious body as the heroes fight on. Merei prepares herself for the next round, while beside her Zaria spins to cleave her blade through the malleable torso of the attacking creature. Its form splays across the stairway, and a foul odor rises from tar-like blood. Kirwin, meanwhile, clicks a grenade to life and hucks it at the two remaining creatures, diving out of the way of the blast. One of the specimens is wholly consumed by the explosion, spraying matter across the bridge. The third survives the attack and swings again at Kirwin, knicking them but not doing serious damage. As the heroes recover for the next round, they notice the scattered corpses of the two dead creatures twitch slightly, but nothing appears to come of it.

The Enemy:
hydra_small_profile.png
? Creature C (E1)
Vitality: 3/5
Passive Ability: 1/3 chance to ?? upon death.

The Party:
hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 2/15
Vitality: 3/6
Inventory: 3 Hampering Minor Chemical Contained grenades, 3 Plasma Potions, Adventuring Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour), Hacking Chip,  Aether Brew

Merei Teo
Character Points: 1/15
Spirit: 3/3
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ) *Unstable*
26, Male, Human
Vitality: 0/5
Proficiencies: Culture 2, Deception 1, Insight 1, Persuasion 2, Long Range Weapon 1, Coding 1*
Inventory: 1x Essence of Glibness, 1x Essence of Intellect, Ion Repeater (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon), Adrenaline Decoction, 2x Bulking Stim, Plasma Potion

Zaria Kanara (Kintobor) 
226 Year Old Female Elf
Character Points: 2/16
Vitality: 6/6
Equipment: Power Khopesh (Standard Kintetic Melee Weapon), Dune Sea Armour (Standard Kinetic Armour), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion (4), Aether Brew (2), Essence of Toughness, Holoscroll (Enhanced Vision)

MM Note: I also just noticed that although I gave you guys the character point for the Forbidden Sector maze, I forgot to increase your total point number, so that's been updated. 

Zaria turns on her heel and charges the last remaining creature, moving to E1 and taking a wide swipe at Creature C. "Merei, Kirwin, move in and help Varen! I will handle this."

Kirwin hears Valen's labored breathing under their body. Not sure whether Zaria will get to the creature before the creature takes a swipe at them, they attempt to stabilize Valen.

OOC: For some reason I'm picturing Varen either convulsing or just laying their with his tongue out comically.

If revived, Varen uses his Plasma Potion.

bridgeround4.png

Round 4:
Zaria moves to E1
Zaria vs. Creature C - (5, 4 +1) 3 Successes vs. (1) 0 Successes = 3 damage
Merei casts Sustained Healing on Varen - (6 +1) 2 Successes, +2 Vitality to Varen, -1 Spirit to Merei.
Varen drinks Plasma Potion (2) +2 Vitality
Kirwin does nothing

Creature C death roll (2) - Success, recovers (1) 1 Vitality.
Creature C vs Zaria - (6, 4, 6 +1) 4 Successes vs. (4, 6 +1) 3 Successes = 1 damage.

Merei and Kirwin race into position to recover Varen as the last creature continues to bear down on them. Zaria swing in and intercedes, spinning her blade to lop the head off the strange specimen. They all pause, catching their breath from the battle, when a noise sounds behind them. The final creature continues to writhe, despite being headless. An awful shrieking noise emerges from the creature, and the tendrils from its dead companions inch towards it, before fusing together into a new makeshift head on its liquid body. The shrieking persists and gets louder as it charges back into Zaria, chomping furiously at its killer but only barely getting through her tough armour.

The Enemy:
hydra_small_profile.png
? Creature C (E1)
Vitality: 1/5
Passive Ability: 1/3 chance to revive upon death, gaining 1d4 health.

The Party:
hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 2/15
Inventory: 3 Hampering Minor Chemical Contained grenades, 3 Plasma Potions, Adventuring Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour), Hacking Chip,  Aether Brew

Merei Teo
Character Points: 1/15
Spirit: 2/3

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ)
26, Male, Human
Vitality: 4/5

Zaria Kanara (Kintobor) 
226 Year Old Female Elf
Character Points: 2/16
Vitality: 5/6

"I'm up!" Varen shouts. "Don't worry about me I'm good! Thanks whoever zapped me up." He moves to G3.

Zaria winces at the sound of the shrieking as she considers covering her ears. Out of the corner of her eye, she witnesses the tendrils slither towards the decapitated creature, catching her off guard with the grisly image long enough for the previously defeated creature to bite her leg, just behind her ankle. She writhes in the sharp pain as she turns, scowling.

"You little-!" Zaria takes one more wide slashing motion towards Creature C, looking to sever the thing in half.

Round 5:
Merei moves to D1
Merei rallies Zaria
Zaria vs. Creature C - (3, 2, 6, 5, 6 +1) 4 Successes vs. (4) 1 Success = 3 damage.
Varen moves to G3
Kirwin defends Varen

With a boost from Merei, Zaria pounces on the reforming creature. Her khopesh goes into a flurry, bisecting the specimen and atomizing the tendrils to stop all hope of resurrection. The group pauses for a moment again, weapons bared for another mass of tendrils to attack them, but nothing happens. Finally, their shoulders ease, and they look around the bridge.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

1 Character Point for each hero:

The Party:
hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay)
Character Points: 3/16
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Adventuring Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour), Utility Belt
Inventory: 3 Hampering Minor Chemical Contained grenades, 3 Plasma Potions, Hacking Chip,  Aether Brew

Merei Teo
Character Points: 2/16
Spirit: 2/3
Inventory: Essence of Intellect, Plasma Potion, Nanite Elixir

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ)
26, Male, Human
Character Points: 3/15
Vitality: 4/5

Zaria Kanara (Kintobor) 
226 Year Old Female Elf
Character Points: 3/17
Vitality: 5/6

Loot:
Captain Ilbery's Security Card
Captain's Sidearm (Standard Short-Range Energy Weapon)
Alien Mandible (Standard Kinetic Weapon)

The bridge has been trashed by the altercation, but it's not in total disrepair. Many of the bridge consoles has been destroyed, however, the pilot's console by the viewscreen still appears to be functioning. There are two doors behind the heroes, one locked in the middle of the space, and another that leads to portside corridor that appears to be open from their side. Captain Ilbery still lays on the floor of the bridge, currently unconscious but stable, though he could probably be waked if you tried.

What will the heroes do

valencia_map.png

Edited by The Legonater

"Well, we made it." Varen slings his rifle and heads down to Captain Ilbery. He attempts to shake him awwake. "Hey, hey buddy, wakey wakey. I got some whiskey here for ya." Varen pauses, thinks and then takes a swig himself. He looks to the others. "Anyone want some after that fight?"

"It may be a good idea to take the captain back to the shuttle for safety. Then we can continue to explore the rest of the ship"

Kirwin picks up the security card.

ooc: Also I don't want to make a big deal about this in character but please put Kirwin's armor in the equipment tab. No idea why I never put it on at the start but we'll just go like I've wearing it from this point fwd, thanks!

"That isn't a bad idea, Kirwin. But let's see what he has to say first, if he is more lucid. I also think it might be wise to reevaluate what we found in the wreckage. Zaria, would you mind terribly giving me one of your Aetherbrews? Or Kirwin? I am happy to part with something in return, but it seems best to spread our useful items out, or hand them to who needs and wants them most, as opposed to randomly leaving them with whoever came across them in space."

OoC: I think I should be down an Aetherbrew, having used it in battle, unless I ended up with two somehow?

Zaria begins to walk off the bite wound, holding a hand out to Varen. "No, no, I do not need any of your alcohol. Thank you, though." Zaria reaches for her metal bottle of water attached to her belt. Unfastening the clip, she drinks from it heartily, wiping her mouth with her arm.

"I do not know how I feel about such a move, Kirwin. We do not know if the captain has been cured of... whatever those things were. I think the last scenario I wish to be in is one where we are stuck on this ship." She reaches for an aetherbrew in one of her pouches and holds it out for Merei.

5 hours ago, karmajay said:

ooc: Also I don't want to make a big deal about this in character but please put Kirwin's armor in the equipment tab. No idea why I never put it on at the start but we'll just go like I've wearing it from this point fwd, thanks!

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

OoC: I think I should be down an Aetherbrew, having used it in battle, unless I ended up with two somehow?

MM Note: Fixed and fixed.

6 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Well, we made it." Varen slings his rifle and heads down to Captain Ilbery. He attempts to shake him awwake. "Hey, hey buddy, wakey wakey. I got some whiskey here for ya." Varen pauses, thinks and then takes a swig himself. He looks to the others. "Anyone want some after that fight?"

captain_ilbery_attack_final.png
I... thank you. I could very much use a drink. I'm... I'm so sorry for all of that.