Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Stars - Mission #7: My Bleeding Hart

Having listened to Lord Malloch speak of his and his companion's situation, Zaria clasps her hands and thinks for a moment, searching her mind for fitting words. "That is quite the dilemma you have, my lord. In terms of passing between the twin suns, you are correct in that the danger and risks are present and accounted for. However, you yourself have stated that you are not sure you and your associate are capable of even making the passage yourselves, no offence intended. As much as the promise of a shorter trip seems promising, it appears that it comes with a high cost for failure.

I understand a desire to make it to somewhere quickly and expediently, but take it from someone who's walked a great deal of distance over two hundred years: you get to where you're going eventually, one way or another. As tempting as it may be to skirt between these suns, if you do not feel confident in your skills as a pilot, do not rely on them here. I would take the journey around the suns. It may be slower, and it may still have dangers present, but you at least know you are not going to be ripped to pieces by the gravitation of two dying suns." Zaria takes in a deep breath. Was it possible this is where the missing freighter was? Between two dying stars? Was the freighter even in one piece still? Many quetioned lingered in her mind. Despite this, she smiled at the two individuals she was consulting.

"I know it is not the exciting answer, but all journeys are dangerous in some capacity. It is all about knowing your limits. Now then, if you do not mind me asking, you said this station has a bit of a reputation. What kind of reputation does it have?"

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Having listened to Lord Malloch speak of his and his companion's situation, Zaria clasps her hands and thinks for a moment, searching her mind for fitting words. "That is quite the dilemma you have, my lord. In terms of passing between the twin suns, you are correct in that the danger and risks are present and accounted for. However, you yourself have stated that you are not sure you and your associate are capable of even making the passage yourselves, no offence intended. As much as the promise of a shorter trip seems promising, it appears that it comes with a high cost for failure.

I understand a desire to make it to somewhere quickly and expediently, but take it from someone who's walked a great deal of distance over two hundred years: you get to where you're going eventually, one way or another. As tempting as it may be to skirt between these suns, if you do not feel confident in your skills as a pilot, do not rely on them here. I would take the journey around the suns. It may be slower, and it may still have dangers present, but you at least know you are not going to be ripped to pieces by the gravitation of two dying suns." Zaria takes in a deep breath. Was it possible this is where the missing freighter was? Between two dying stars? Was the freighter even in one piece still? Many quetioned lingered in her mind. Despite this, she smiled at the two individuals she was consulting.

"I know it is not the exciting answer, but all journeys are dangerous in some capacity. It is all about knowing your limits. Now then, if you do not mind me asking, you said this station has a bit of a reputation. What kind of reputation does it have?"

guard.png
Knowing your limits, yes. I suppose a future unknown danger is, in that respect, safer. Thank you Madame Kanara. As per your question, the reputation of Port 927-C is in fact what you might call a "shady" one. My benefactors informed me prior to my arrival that a journey to "Port Charon" might in fact spell certain doom for one such as myself. Since my arrival I have only heard more stories of the dangers a port such as this, stories of death and destruction and bizarre alien species the likes of which the Euripides Arm has never seen!

robot_guy.png
Rum-ours and ghost stor-ies. 

guard.png
Of course, of course, my delightful dilettante. But there's never any knowing what the consequences of such small stories might be, hmm? We are all of us pieces of machines much larger than ourselves. 

14 hours ago, The Legonater said:

pilot.png
I've been around the block quite a bit in these parts, seen a lot of ships come and go. You have a name for the freighter? Then I can help you and your friends.

"HMS Valencia. Good gig for the people on it, I'm sure."

19 hours ago, The Legonater said:

starblazer_2.png (100×100)
Well Lu tells the story better, but the gist is that the port was once held in decent regard, but after the Gate collapse it became more-or-less abandoned. These things always have a domino effect, ya see. Richer folks pull out support for the area, the port's security drops, danger rises. All of a sudden people are turning to whatever they can to survive, and the one's who don't, don't make it. The place gets dubbed 'Port Charon,' a place that'll send you to your death. It's even worse with all the natural dangers in the area. Management tries to clean things up, avoid the bad rep, and ITA keeps a post on-station now, but to be frank, they don't do much.

starblazer_1.png
Regarding the collapse itself, I don't know if any of us could tell you much more than the average history book could. It's mostly a mystery, as far as I'm aware. 

I'm afraid I didn't get a good look at Valencia as she was leaving; though from what I hear she left in quite a hurry. If you can bring Viper back, we'd really appreciate it. 

cygnus_fixed.png
I'm sure you would. What exactly have they been telling you, Merei?

To Merei's surprise, she finds Alexa seating herself at the table, a stony glare affixed on the green-armoured man.

"They have been telling me about our ship, and their leader named Viper who was apparently taken aboard. As well as the history of this station here. It seems that we have a shared purpose - Viper is missing, the ship is missing. Is there a problem?"

12 hours ago, KotZ said:

"HMS Valencia. Good gig for the people on it, I'm sure."

At this, Doria freezes, and Varen watches her demeanour dramatically shift from her usual blaze expression to one of shock. Her eyes dart frantically in thought behind her goggles.

pilot.png
Valencia... is missing? For how long? I- sorry, I knew Simon DunnValencia's head pilot. We went way back, stars I was in his wedding. When I heard he was passing this way, I called him up, said we should get drinks if he wound up stopping by. 

She takes a moment to process, her mind clearly still reeling. 

You asked for details. Um... right. When Simon was here he vented about some dumb argument between him and the captain. Ilbery, I think the captain's name was. Ilbery was feeling pressure from Hart leadership to get their shipment through and was asking Simon to take some sort of crazy risks, but Simon was holding firm. I mean, the man had a family, a husband and kids to get back to - and there were something like twenty other people on that ship who had lives and families of their own. I didn't hear what became of it, though, Simon and Valencia wound up shipping out pretty suddenly, not a lot of warning. Just there, and then gone.

8 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin listens in on the other conversations going on in the area while standing with Jace.

jace_white.png
Keep an eye out, Kirwin, things could turn hot here any moment...

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

"They have been telling me about our ship, and their leader named Viper who was apparently taken aboard. As well as the history of this station here. It seems that we have a shared purpose - Viper is missing, the ship is missing. Is there a problem?"

cygnus_fixed.png
What, they think we kidnapped their guy? Give me a break, Hart takes a lot of cargo, but we don't dabble in trafficking. Or kidnapping. 

starblazer_1.png
But you're apparently cool with kicking people to the curb when they're just looking for a break.

cygnus_fixed.png
You mercs kill people for a living. Excuse me if I'm not that sympathetic. 

Ah, now you're asking for excuses. 

Edited by The Legonater

On 11/3/2021 at 2:42 AM, The Legonater said:

robot_guy.png
Rum-ours and ghost stor-ies. 

guard.png
Of course, of course, my delightful dilettante. But there's never any knowing what the consequences of such small stories might be, hmm? We are all of us pieces of machines much larger than ourselves. 

“Of course.” Zaria responds, nodding in agreement. She was happy to be with someone who she could philosophize with. “Everyone is the hero of their own story. We are all just fragile things, and we must all do our best to protect ourselves and each other. The road of life is never easy, but it is worth journeying on.

What kind of rumours have you two heard of?”

Zaria pivots in her chair as the sound of Merei’s escalating conflict reaches her pointed ears. She continues to listen to Lord Malloch, but finds her attention drawn to potential danger.

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

“Of course.” Zaria responds, nodding in agreement. She was happy to be with someone who she could philosophize with. “Everyone is the hero of their own story. We are all just fragile things, and we must all do our best to protect ourselves and each other. The road of life is never easy, but it is worth journeying on.

What kind of rumours have you two heard of?”

Zaria pivots in her chair as the sound of Merei’s escalating conflict reaches her pointed ears. She continues to listen to Lord Malloch, but finds her attention drawn to potential danger.

guard.png
Just whispers, really. Who's to say how such things are commenced. I have already informed about the stories surrounding Scylla and Charybdis, how only the finest pilots survive and the rest are sure to perish and such. I'm sure you are familiar with the aggression of the Starblazers and other such bands of ne'er-do-wells. For such reasons, the station has been historically prone to disappearances and disturbances, though I am under the impression that port management is begging to get on top of such things. As for the space beyond the port, I'm afraid my associate is correct in that you cannot take the ghost stories of wild space much too seriously.

robot_guy.png
Peo-ple see what they wish to see be-yond civ-il-i-za-tion. The dis-tant stars are ones most dan-g'rous. 

Zaria glances over at the Starblazer table, and finds herself making eye contact with Alexa. At that moment, she hears a voice not her own echoing inside of her head.

cygnus_thought.png
Be ready. This might get violent. 

16 hours ago, The Legonater said:

cygnus_fixed.png
What, they think we kidnapped their guy? Give me a break, Hart takes a lot of cargo, but we don't dabble in trafficking. Or kidnapping. 

starblazer_1.png
But you're apparently cool with kicking people to the curb when they're just looking for a break.

cygnus_fixed.png
You mercs kill people for a living. Excuse me if I'm not that sympathetic. 

Ah, now you're asking for excuses. 

"Well, not to put too fine a point on things, but you have hired a band of mercs as well, Alexa. And though it is not my preferred method if things become dangerous, I don't think Heroica is above killing people." Merei's tone remains calm, jovial even. "I don't know if Hart would resort to kidnapping. The Starblazers seem to think Hart would, but they could be lying about that. I would have a harder time accepting that they'd be lying about Viper going missing. I have a difficult time determining what the profit in that would be. The fact is: our ship is missing, our people are missing, and their person is missing. I fail to see any contention necessary from the actual facts."

6 hours ago, The Legonater said:

guard.png
Just whispers, really. Who's to say how such things are commenced. I have already informed about the stories surrounding Scylla and Charybdis, how only the finest pilots survive and the rest are sure to perish and such. I'm sure you are familiar with the aggression of the Starblazers and other such bands of ne'er-do-wells. For such reasons, the station has been historically prone to disappearances and disturbances, though I am under the impression that port management is begging to get on top of such things. As for the space beyond the port, I'm afraid my associate is correct in that you cannot take the ghost stories of wild space much too seriously.

robot_guy.png
Peo-ple see what they wish to see be-yond civ-il-i-za-tion. The dis-tant stars are ones most dan-g'rous.

"Of course. There are numerous tall tales, but I have found that even in the most wild of claims is a kernel of truth. There is only so much time in the universe to investigate these stories, and not all of us get joy from living the life of an adventurer, searching for the kernel, understandably so." Zaria returns her attention to the duo before turning back to the Starblazers.

6 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Zaria glances over at the Starblazer table, and finds herself making eye contact with Alexa. At that moment, she hears a voice not her own echoing inside of her head.

cygnus_thought.png
Be ready. This might get violent. 

Zaria instinctively raises a hand to her head, surprised at the echoing of Alexa's voice in her head. She nods back to Alexa before returning to Lord Malloch and Mr. Tobermory. "As much as I would like to continue this conversation, I fear there might be a bout of violence shortly, and protecting my travelling companions and the rest of the diners is my priority. I would love to talk with you again, Lord Malloch and Mr. Tobermory. Is there any way I can contact you to continue our discussions?"

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

"Well, not to put too fine a point on things, but you have hired a band of mercs as well, Alexa. And though it is not my preferred method if things become dangerous, I don't think Heroica is above killing people." Merei's tone remains calm, jovial even. "I don't know if Hart would resort to kidnapping. The Starblazers seem to think Hart would, but they could be lying about that. I would have a harder time accepting that they'd be lying about Viper going missing. I have a difficult time determining what the profit in that would be. The fact is: our ship is missing, our people are missing, and their person is missing. I fail to see any contention necessary from the actual facts."

Alexa and the Starblazers alike scowl in Merei's direction. They seem equally more interested in fighting each other than talking, but cannot deny Merei's logic. The Starblazers seethe quietly at the idea of cooperating with Hart. Alexa's robotic hand tightens into a fist, whirring slightly. But no one moves against each other, not yet. 

cygnus_fixed.png
Merei, gangs like these have made their money attack Hart caravans before. They'll do it again.

starblazer_1.png
Only 'cause you put your caravans through our territory.

starblazer_3.png
We could rough you up here and now, and give Hart something to talk about. Maybe shake them off finally.

cygnus_fixed.png
I'd genuinely like to see you try.

While the group has yet to break into violence, Merei gets the sense she might have to act in order to properly de-escalate the situation.

40 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria instinctively raises a hand to her head, surprised at the echoing of Alexa's voice in her head. She nods back to Alexa before returning to Lord Malloch and Mr. Tobermory. "As much as I would like to continue this conversation, I fear there might be a bout of violence shortly, and protecting my travelling companions and the rest of the diners is my priority. I would love to talk with you again, Lord Malloch and Mr. Tobermory. Is there any way I can contact you to continue our discussions?"

Tobermory pulls a card from one of his many pockets. On it is a list of information for a practice on Cosmopoli.

robot_guy.png
You can reach us he-re, if you are so in-clined

guard.png
Thank you for your time, Madame Kanara, and by all means, move to assist your antagonized acquaintances. I do hope we shall meet again under sunnier conditions. 

Kirwin senses the animosity at Merei's table. Kirwin looks around and sees a server walking by with food. He grabs a couple of the plates, pours the food over their head and approaches the table. 

"Greetings, I was supposed to deliver some food to this table but I seem to have missed a step between grabbing the food and delivering the food. Sorry!"

ooc: the goal here is to rachet down the tension at the table between the parties

On 11/3/2021 at 11:19 PM, The Legonater said:

At this, Doria freezes, and Varen watches her demeanour dramatically shift from her usual blaze expression to one of shock. Her eyes dart frantically in thought behind her goggles.

pilot.png
Valencia... is missing? For how long? I- sorry, I knew Simon DunnValencia's head pilot. We went way back, stars I was in his wedding. When I heard he was passing this way, I called him up, said we should get drinks if he wound up stopping by. 

She takes a moment to process, her mind clearly still reeling. 

You asked for details. Um... right. When Simon was here he vented about some dumb argument between him and the captain. Ilbery, I think the captain's name was. Ilbery was feeling pressure from Hart leadership to get their shipment through and was asking Simon to take some sort of crazy risks, but Simon was holding firm. I mean, the man had a family, a husband and kids to get back to - and there were something like twenty other people on that ship who had lives and families of their own. I didn't hear what became of it, though, Simon and Valencia wound up shipping out pretty suddenly, not a lot of warning. Just there, and then gone.

"About two months since the ship, and crew, have gone missing. So Ilbery was feeling the heat and wanted to try something risky? Got it. Did he say anything else specifically to you?"

20 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Alexa and the Starblazers alike scowl in Merei's direction. They seem equally more interested in fighting each other than talking, but cannot deny Merei's logic. The Starblazers seethe quietly at the idea of cooperating with Hart. Alexa's robotic hand tightens into a fist, whirring slightly. But no one moves against each other, not yet. 

cygnus_fixed.png
Merei, gangs like these have made their money attack Hart caravans before. They'll do it again.

starblazer_1.png
Only 'cause you put your caravans through our territory.

starblazer_3.png
We could rough you up here and now, and give Hart something to talk about. Maybe shake them off finally.

cygnus_fixed.png
I'd genuinely like to see you try.

While the group has yet to break into violence, Merei gets the sense she might have to act in order to properly de-escalate the situation.

OoC: Are you telling me Kirwin's plan doesn't work??

"Let us make this very simple. Starblazers, you will tell us, honestly, all you know about the ship and the two teams who were already sent here. In return, if Viper is on the ship, they will be returned to you. That is not a Hart promise, but one from me. Alexa is here witnessing me make this promise. If either party isn't pleased with this proposal, they have a problem with me. As I've said, I see no need for conflict." Merei tries to be as persuasive as possible. (I assume you wanted a bolded action? I unfortunately don't have any spells or proficiencies that will help haha).

10 hours ago, KotZ said:

"About two months since the ship, and crew, have gone missing. So Ilbery was feeling the heat and wanted to try something risky? Got it. Did he say anything else specifically to you?"

pilot.png
Has it been that long already? Simon said something about not being comfortable with Ilbery's directions, I... I'm afraid I don't remember much more than that. I'm sorry.

11 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin senses the animosity at Merei's table. Kirwin looks around and sees a server walking by with food. He grabs a couple of the plates, pours the food over their head and approaches the table. 

"Greetings, I was supposed to deliver some food to this table but I seem to have missed a step between grabbing the food and delivering the food. Sorry!"

ooc: the goal here is to rachet down the tension at the table between the parties

Kirwin Performance Check (DC 3) - 3, 5, 6 - (Two successes)

Kirwin's antics catch the attention of the table but confuses the group more than distracts them. At the sight of Kirwin covered in food, Alexa especially seems antsy and bewildered.

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

"Let us make this very simple. Starblazers, you will tell us, honestly, all you know about the ship and the two teams who were already sent here. In return, if Viper is on the ship, they will be returned to you. That is not a Hart promise, but one from me. Alexa is here witnessing me make this promise. If either party isn't pleased with this proposal, they have a problem with me. As I've said, I see no need for conflict." Merei tries to be as persuasive as possible. (I assume you wanted a bolded action? I unfortunately don't have any spells or proficiencies that will help haha).

MM Note: I mostly didn't want to make assumptions as to how you were taking the conversation.

Merei Persuasion Check (DC 3) - 1, 3, 3 - (Zero successes)

While the table does not seem opposed to Merei's assistance, there is clearly no reconciling their frustrations with each other. Slowly, the whole diner becomes aware of the group as they argue seemingly for the sake of arguing, dredging up old wounds between the two organizations. The bickering continues, growing louder in volume, until-

dudley.png
Excuse me, what is all of this about?

dee.png
I heard something about a kidnapping, a missing persons case! Not to mention the start of a fight!

dudley.png
And we can't have any fighting here in our safe and lovely port, can we? Got anything to tell the local enforcement, or do we all need to have a chat down in the precinct?

OoC: Totally cool, appreciate it!

Merei's flames sputter momentarily as the authorities come to interrupt her fruitful conversation. She turns to the Starblazers. "My promise stands regarding Viper stands, but if you have any information, I will need it now. Otherwise, my companions and I will need to pursue knowledge elsewhere, and we can take our leave peacefully."

On 11/5/2021 at 12:23 AM, The Legonater said:

Tobermory pulls a card from one of his many pockets. On it is a list of information for a practice on Cosmopoli.

robot_guy.png
You can reach us he-re, if you are so in-clined

guard.png
Thank you for your time, Madame Kanara, and by all means, move to assist your antagonized acquaintances. I do hope we shall meet again under sunnier conditions. 

Zaria respectfully gestures to the two seated men, raising her hand parallel to her face with her index and middle finger raised, bowing quickly. "Juvo nadtj ed aeih khulocj, take care on the road ahead." Taking the card and slipping it into one of her pouches, she turns her attention to the conflict at hand. She reaches for a container of paper napkins on a table and approaches Kirwin.

"Kirwin, here. Let me help clean you up, if you will allow me to."

4 hours ago, Zepher said:

Merei's flames sputter momentarily as the authorities come to interrupt her fruitful conversation. She turns to the Starblazers. "My promise stands regarding Viper stands, but if you have any information, I will need it now. Otherwise, my companions and I will need to pursue knowledge elsewhere, and we can take our leave peacefully."

starblazer_1.png
All we know is that he was going to "put some fear into them," and then they were gone, and they took Viper with them. 

starblazer_3.png
Guess ol' Viper failed.

dudley.png
Uh, excuse me, ma'am - no one is taking their leave until we get some answers.

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria respectfully gestures to the two seated men, raising her hand parallel to her face with her index and middle finger raised, bowing quickly. "Juvo nadtj ed aeih khulocj, take care on the road ahead." Taking the card and slipping it into one of her pouches, she turns her attention to the conflict at hand. She reaches for a container of paper napkins on a table and approaches Kirwin.

"Kirwin, here. Let me help clean you up, if you will allow me to."

As Zaria approaches Kirwin, the ISAs interrupt.

dee.png
Ah, miss! Are you involved with this group? In that case we'd love to take you to the precinct as well, process you all and get some answers!

dudley.png
Of course, it'll take some time, but I'm sure you won't mind waiting a few days.

dee.png
If we're quick! Who's to say how long these investigations go?

12 hours ago, The Legonater said:

As Zaria approaches Kirwin, the ISAs interrupt.

dee.png
Ah, miss! Are you involved with this group? In that case we'd love to take you to the precinct as well, process you all and get some answers!

dudley.png
Of course, it'll take some time, but I'm sure you won't mind waiting a few days.

dee.png
If we're quick! Who's to say how long these investigations go?

Zaria glared at the officers, hoping their current disposition could lend her further insight into their motives, hoping it would help her in responding with the two.

“We are looking for answers, I don’t think we’re capable to offering any. It would not be a good use of time.” Merei also wants some insight into the intention of the two men, but also wants to see what Alexa and the Starblazers think of them.

Kirwin racks their brain to recall something from the multitude of media they have viewed about space station laws and rules that will allow the group to skip a trip with the ISAs. Kirwin uses smarts to Try Something.

MM Note: Sorry for the delay, all, very busy day yesterday!

20 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria glared at the officers, hoping their current disposition could lend her further insight into their motives, hoping it would help her in responding with the two.

Zaria Insight Check (DC 1) - 6, 3, 6 (Two successes)

With the heightened emotions going on, Zaria can tell that the officers are more obstructive than anything, their eagerness to solve the case appearing something of a facade.

19 hours ago, Zepher said:

“We are looking for answers, I don’t think we’re capable to offering any. It would not be a good use of time.” Merei also wants some insight into the intention of the two men, but also wants to see what Alexa and the Starblazers think of them.

Merei Insight Check (DC 1) - 1, 6, 5 (Two successes)

Alexa and the Starblazers seem equally agitated, exhausted by the ISA's interference.

16 hours ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin racks their brain to recall something from the multitude of media they have viewed about space station laws and rules that will allow the group to skip a trip with the ISAs. Kirwin uses smarts to Try Something.

MM Note: I feel like Try Something is generally supposed to be a little more specific than this, but in the interest of moving things along I'll let you run with it. :laugh:

Kirwin "Try Something" Check (DC 3) - 6, 4, 5 (Three successes)

Kirwin digs through his memories and recalls a stint where he binged a series of court dramas, detective shows, and a lot of Columbo. Out from his mouth comes a bubbling of corporate jargon and buzzwords, completely stunning the two officers.

dee.png
Er, of course! But, you see, we can't have an investigation like this executed by amateurs, so if you'll please step aside and let us go about-

cygnus_fixed.png
Oh, give us a break. Kirwin's right, you need to check your jurisdiction or whatever.

dee.png
Are- are they right?

dudley.png
It doesn't matter. Be on your way, travelers. Just leave it to us to keep this station at peace.

The two officers march out of the diner, leaving everyone will an ill sense of unease. The Starblazers stir, clearly uncomfortable. They finish their drinks quickly and move to rise. 

Hey, Merei; find out what you can about Viper, no matter what these Hart blokes say. I'll consider it a favor. You can get in touch with us through any of the usual ways, Ætherspace 'n all that.

The mercenaries, too, leave the diner, and the crowd begins to settle back into a regular hubbub. Jace comes and finds a seat beside Alexa, looking at the heroes gathered around.

jace_white.png
Well, that was tenser than I like. Sorry about that, as I said, Mortizar has all sorts of enemies. Nevermind that, what have you lot found out

Zaria watches as the situation deescalates and relaxes her muscles. One of these days her tenseness would tear something, but it wouldn't be this day.

"Jace, I do not know if I've discovered where the ship is, but I may have an idea of where it went. Between here and Cosmopoli are two dying stars, Scylla and Charybdis. The area between the two stars is known as the Forbidden Sector due to how the gravitational pull from both stars can rip a ship to shreds. However, some pilots have made the journey between the two stars and lived to tell the tale apparently. It is supposedly much faster than going around the sector. What is the likelihood the pilot made that journey and not go around the area?" Zaria asks Jace, but she figured someone else might've overheard something to corroborate, or even make her information irrelevant.

On 11/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, The Legonater said:

pilot.png
Has it been that long already? Simon said something about not being comfortable with Ilbery's directions, I... I'm afraid I don't remember much more than that. I'm sorry.

"Hmm, alright then." Varen said as the authorities came in. Clearly didn't have much time. "You sure you didn't heart anything? Would some credits jog your memory?" He asks using Persuasion atteempt. "Either way, I'll let you know what I find in the end."

"Thank you, Kirwin. That was a smart decision. As for what I learned, very little, sadly. The Starblazers admitted to roughing up some of Hart's people, but that appears to have been when the ship was in port - not when our missing associates arrived. They also said their leader Viper was taken by the ship in retaliation. I don't know how trustworthy they were, but as I said to Alexa, I don't think they would have any reason to intentionally lie about Viper's status as missing. I don't know if they'd be forthright in their dealings with crews looking for the ship, however. They appeared initially hostile to me. They did mention our ship left quite quickly. That is all I learned."