43 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Got that whipper army on the rise as well… 

Also they still have nitro packs lying around? I’ve been meaning to get another for the goggles for a while, where did you find so many of the magizine? They’re often limited to like 1 per shop where I am. Good luck with the army!

I bought all 3 that WHSmiths had with the Whippers and Vengebutts, then got the Nitro and Ghoultar ones in Sainsbury's

Just bought yet another copy of this month's Ninjago magazine. This one had Master of the Mountain Zane in addition to the Vengeboner free gift.

So far I've seen copies with Seabound Lloyd, Hydro Whipper, Zane or Nitro as free gifts. I assume there's a Benthomaar version out there since he keeps appearing most months 

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Just bought yet another copy of this month's Ninjago magazine. This one had Master of the Mountain Zane in addition to the Vengeboner free gift.

So far I've seen copies with Seabound Lloyd, Hydro Whipper, Zane or Nitro as free gifts. I assume there's a Benthomaar version out there since he keeps appearing most months 

Yes, Benthomaar has appeared with one of the magazines, in 2022 issue 2 (in the Netherlands at least): https://www.brickshop.nl/lego-boeken/lego-ninjago-magazine-2022-2?keyword=benthomaar&searchId=0&po=21

https://brickset.com/sets/892285-1/Benthomaar

On 12/6/2022 at 3:48 PM, Killian said:

The new Ninjago Comics just dropped in The UK and Europe. 

I may be army building :innocent:

!                                                                                                                                                                    s-l500

Just found yet another alternate free minifig. Is this one of the Nyas from the Ninjago Movie?

zzzzzzzzzzzzchavalegoadmiralackbar_242376421_454337279213145_2400090436615933507_n (1)

Also, I don't think it shows very well in the image below of all my December Ninjago Magazine minifigs so far, but the Vengestone Guard in the top left has a black lightsaber hilt; all the rest have gunmetal grey.

zzzzzzzzzzzchavalegoadmiralackbar_242376421_454337279213145_2400090436615933507_n (1)

On 12/10/2022 at 6:50 PM, Killian said:

Called it :iamded_lol:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzchavalegoadmiralackbar_242376421_454337279213145_2400090436615933507_n (1)

I hadn't gotten around to mentioning this yet, but I finally ended up getting some of the Crystallized sets (I would've earlier but didn't end up having too much budget for Lego in 2022). The Crystal King Temple is a very unique design and I like the minifigure selection. It would have been cool if there was some kind of expansion for it since it's not all in one piece anyway, but I suppose that's always something I could build myself. The Crystal King (centaur mech thing) is also quite nice. I find it a bit strange that Lloyd has no backup against four villains, but that was the sort of set that I was more interested in for the build, and the minifigure selection still isn't bad by any means. The head and torso construction in particular stood out to me as being rather creative. The last set I got was the Golden Ultra Dragon. It honestly may be my favorite dragon that Ninjago has ever done: it's huge, well-detailed, and looks imposing. Again, I find the minifigure selection a little bit strange since there's nine of them but only one exclusive (whereas a lot of cheaper sets, including the other two I got, both have more exclusives). On the whole though it's a great set, albeit one that is rather expensive (at least where I live) relative to what you get. 

I have to say, I am a bit disappointed I waited so long to get anything from Crystallized because I really liked all the sets I ended up with. The new wave didn't grab my interest much, so I may end up getting some more of the sets from Crystallized that I missed, especially if they go on sale. I own at least one set from every wave of Ninjago so I'll probably pick up something from the new CORE wave eventually, but Crystallized just feels a lot more inspired. I really hope the summer 2023 sets are more in the vein of summer 2022 than winter 2023.

I recently finished building the Water Dragon from the sea bound wave and this has to be one of the best Ninjago sets of all time. And this theme has some incredible sets. The build of the dragon is immaculate and the head sculpt is leagues above a brick built head. I love the fabric for the wings and my only complaint is the claws on the feet tend to come off easily. Every figure in that set is incredible but the seabound Nya water ninja figure has tk be the best ninja figure the company has ever produced. Looking at her in person she reminded me of a Naruto character. Instantly recognizable as a water Ninja and one of the best figures I currently own. I was so flipping excited to have built this set and never got around to talking about it but if there’s only one set to get from sea bound it would be that one. Now I have to build the keepers village and maybe post my thoughts on that but it feels quite late to do that lol.

Edited by cosmic

20 hours ago, cosmic said:

I recently finished building the Water Dragon from the sea bound wave and this has to be one of the best Ninjago sets of all time. Every figure in that set is incredible but the seabound Nya water ninja figure has tk be the best ninja figure the company has ever produced. 

They tend to go the extra mile with Nya sets, like how they threw Lloyd into her 2023 dragon's set. Presumably because the Ninjago fanbase tend to think girls are icky, but Lego still wants Nya sets to sell.