Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

10 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I think that would be a marvelous idea. 

I still believe that's fake. Lego doesn't use that box art for City sets anymore. The last City set to use that box art was the ski resort. This is the box art that's used now.

bb998a2e-223c-4983-91c7-fba4aaef6715.6e5

In addition, there are no characters from the series. I would've expected Freya McCloud to at least be included in the fire station. 

No, the image of this product is not fake but real. If you search the Lego certificate item for the number, there is a picture of this product.

https://www.lego.com/legal/notices-and-policies/compliance/

8 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

@Powered by Bricks I just talked to my insider. That fire station is just a re-release with minor changes. I still don't understand why they'd use an outdated box art. 

I knew it! 

I visited the official Lego Website and this set was supposed to be a part of a "subtheme" of re-releases

The reason why the box art is the 2018 one? I don't know but that happened or the Fiat 500 (blue edition) and if I remember this correctly the creator 3in1 box art still didn't changed since 2018

But if this is a re release with a few changes, the 77943 might be a fire station using that small building from 81007, the buggy from 60247, the motorcycle from 60281 or 60292 and that electric cabinet from 60231 all combined into a single set

1 hour ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I knew it! 

I visited the official Lego Website and this set was supposed to be a part of a "subtheme" of re-releases

The reason why the box art is the 2018 one? I don't know but that happened or the Fiat 500 (blue edition) and if I remember this correctly the creator 3in1 box art still didn't changed since 2018

But if this is a re release with a few changes, the 77943 might be a fire station using that small building from 81007, the buggy from 60247, the motorcycle from 60281 or 60292 and that electric cabinet from 60231 all combined into a single set

Where abouts on the website is it??

15 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

@JopieK @Peppermint_M Any way you two can merge all Lego City 2019, 2020 and 2021 pages into this one? 

Which ones? If we are talking about the discussion threads, then no. They are for discussion of concrete confirmed information. This thread is for the scuttlebutt and spitballing.

9 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Which ones? If we are talking about the discussion threads, then no. They are for discussion of concrete confirmed information. This thread is for the scuttlebutt and spitballing.

This was kinda made for solid information about Lego sets released every year instead of wasting time making new threads for each year. Instead of making a new thread for each year, we can just share confirmed news on this thread instead.

Edited by Poodabricks

I'm not sure what I said to get that reaction?

The usual process for discussion threads are yearly topics. For something like City, there is so much from the past that it would be difficult to navigate a generic or a "for all time" thread of the theme.

Can you imagine how many pages a city thread started with the forum would be? 12 years worth of it :wacko:

77943 got leaked! 

It's basically a small fire station with a small building that looks like 60215 but with 60247 buggy and 60231 electric cabinet the building looks weird

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I'm not sure what I said to get that reaction?

The usual process for discussion threads are yearly topics. For something like City, there is so much from the past that it would be difficult to navigate a generic or a "for all time" thread of the theme.

Can you imagine how many pages a city thread started with the forum would be? 12 years worth of it :wacko:

Hello!

Not sure if you have seen my suggestion in a previous page. 

I found that TWO (2021 and 2022) threads annoying and confusing. With a few sets that are not released yet this year while there are some new leaks for 2022. I don’t understand why we have to read two threads at a time? I thought a general City thread would be easier, just like Chinese New Year and Modular Buildings. 

However, I gotta say - I agree with you on the past threads with so many pages to merge with this current thread. I feel it’s not necessary to merge all threads into one. 

77493’s description doesn’t sound exciting to me. I guess i will give it a pass as “nah”. 

I’m curious - is anyone planning to get some from Stuntz subtheme once they are released? 

40 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m curious - is anyone planning to get some from Stuntz subtheme once they are released? 

You better believe it! I'm getting all those bikes. Especially Rocket Racer! 

16 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

You better believe it! I'm getting all those bikes. Especially Rocket Racer! 

Nice! I would pick up Rocket Racer, Chicken Bike and a few more! 

26 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Nice! I would pick up Rocket Racer, Chicken Bike and a few more! 

Yeah! Unfortunately, because they're $8 a piece, I'm going to have to get them one or two at a time. Buying all of them together would cost me at least $48. 

I still can't believe they saw fit to use outdated box art though. It throws off the consistency of new releases. That box art represented one of the worse times in City sets. They need to change it. 

8 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Yeah! Unfortunately, because they're $8 a piece, I'm going to have to get them one or two at a time. Buying all of them together would cost me at least $48. 

On a bright side, you probably will get a free shipping from lego Shop! 

I understand what you mean. It’s just ridiculous to see prices against small piece counts! $5 should be reasonable…oh well. 

I finsihed building Tractor set today. I gotta say - I like it! But it’s a total bummer that a bunny mold is not Recolored at all. I like minifigures and tractor. It does have a farm-y vibe. I am hoping for farming subtheme one day but I don’t think Lego’s NATO Geo partnership will relate to farming?

I just am playing around with road plate. It’s pretty interesting and I think it may be useful than just classic road plates. Probably, some curved road plates wlll happen one day?

13 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I finished building Tractor set today. I gotta say - I like it! But it’s a total bummer that a bunny mold is not Recolored at all. I like minifigures and tractor. It does have a farm-y vibe. I am hoping for farming subtheme one day but I don’t think Lego’s NATO Geo partnership will relate to farming?

I just am playing around with road plate. It’s pretty interesting and I think it may be useful than just classic road plates. Probably, some curved road plates wlll happen one day?

I have that set. Its an amazing piece to have in your vehicle collection. I'm hoping for a farm subtheme too. 

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I have that set. Its an amazing piece to have in your vehicle collection. I'm hoping for a farm subtheme too. 

Yeah! I just think that Tractor set is adorable. Although, I’m not really sure if farming is part of Lego-Nat Geo partnership, I hope for this Farming subtheme. 

Also, I find the road plates more useful from my lego photography. I have some wild imagination to create sceneries. 

After seeing hot air balloon from Freinds theme, I realized - Did City theme have its own hot air balloon set at all? I do not think we haven’t seen it for years? I only remember Johnny Thunder’s Orient Expedition - Aero Normad set in early 200s. 

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

After seeing hot air balloon from Freinds theme, I realized - Did City theme have its own hot air balloon set at all? I do not think we haven’t seen it for years? I only remember Johnny Thunder’s Orient Expedition - Aero Normad set in early 200s. 

There’s one used by the crooks in Prison Island, I believe released in 2015.  Great set, one of my favourite police sets.  4 crooks is rare in a single city set.

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

There’s one used by the crooks in Prison Island, I believe released in 2015.  Great set, one of my favourite police sets.  4 crooks is rare in a single city set.

Well, too bad I missed that opportunity. I would like to see another hot air balloon set in this City theme. 

3 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

There’s one used by the crooks in Prison Island, I believe released in 2015.  Great set, one of my favorite police sets.  4 crooks is rare in a single city set.

Prison Island was released in 2016....and yes, that was a great set. I think I still have the pieces somewhere. Up until that set came out, I never thought City would go as far as to create a full blown prison set. Until then, prisons have been only available with police stations. 

Edited by Poodabricks

2016 Fire Station possibly re-releasing with some modifications is pretty cool, the changes make it compatible with the 2019 sets as well, same logo and light yellow colors.

I never got the original 2016 fire station, but this modification could fit very well combined with the 2019-2021 sets.

Edited by TeriXeri