Sign in to follow this  
nebraska

CB&Q Silver Pilot

CB&Q Silver Pilot.  It is chromed by Chrome Block City.  It will blind you if out in the sun.   Powered by two regular train motors. 

51248525090_4243367ed2.jpg197204489_10227089223559677_3207675410602653314_n by Nate Flood, on Flickr

51247672328_4ba90d9a0a.jpg197071891_10227089223999688_1915105789179550211_n by Nate Flood, on Flickr

51248525085_45d45ee972.jpg197336983_10227089222959662_6457134469226730391_n by Nate Flood, on Flickr

Beautiful locomotive! *oh2*

It will have cost you an eye with this chrome finish ...which may not be a problem as the reflection could still blind you. :grin:

Seriously I envy you for this new masterpiece! :wub:

Holy cows! That looks amazing. Did you have them chrome all of the pieces individually and then build it like a normal MOC? Looking past the chrome (if that's possible) it's a great build all around. I bet it was nice to be free of "does this part exist in my color?"

Of course you might have to sell your other kidney to do the full consist in chrome.

Wow. Shiny. Great.

You can see what would be possible if such chromed stones were (still/again) available.

This way it is certainly not a cheap pleasure, but absolutely unique.

A real eye-catcher!

Thomas

Absolutely stunning. Another fine piece you've created. I'll bet it goes wonderfully with your Northern and Big Boy. Do you have a period layout to go with them?

7 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Holy cows! That looks amazing. Did you have them chrome all of the pieces individually and then build it like a normal MOC? Looking past the chrome (if that's possible) it's a great build all around. I bet it was nice to be free of "does this part exist in my color?"

Of course you might have to sell your other kidney to do the full consist in chrome.

Thank you!  I built it out of light bley originally and then cross referenced what Chrome Block City had in stock and made adjustments when necessary.   What's the going rate for a kidney?  I feel the need to finish the Nebraska Zephyr.  :). 

2 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Absolutely stunning. Another fine piece you've created. I'll bet it goes wonderfully with your Northern and Big Boy. Do you have a period layout to go with them?

Our LUG - Lincoln/Omaha LEGO User Group has a large layout.  We have our return to the convention scene July 22nd - July 25th - I'll make sure to get some quality photos (that I'm not known for... lol 

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments. 

On 7/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, nebraska said:

Our LUG - Lincoln/Omaha LEGO User Group has a large layout.  We have our return to the convention scene July 22nd - July 25th - I'll make sure to get some quality photos (that I'm not known for... lol 

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments. 

I remember the LOLUG layout from the first days of doing displays in the comic store. I had my small train layout and various fire apparatus and aircraft on display. Sadly, my moves have kept me from returning to Nebraska and seeing how much LOLUG has progressed.