Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #2: Deep Dive

51314466395_007278c818_z.jpg

Round 10
Felix moves to C2
Felix vs. Drone A - (3, +1) 1 Success vs (2, 1, 1) 0 Successes = 1 Damage, KO'd
Polaris moves to B2
Polaris rallies Felix

THE BATTLE IS WON!

Felix shifts to a more advantageous spot and lines up a bead on the drone. A single well placed shot downs the security bot as it goes crashing to the ground. After a few minutes of concentrated medical attention Polaris and Felix eventually get Varen to his feet.

Party

51268930864_2cd711dfb8_t.jpg
Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle) 
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points: 1/10 
Vitality: 1/8 
Velocity: 2
Strength: 
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 
Proficiencies: Medicine 1, Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells: none, 
Credits: 10
Equipment: Mecha Strike (standard, kinetic, melee weapon), 
Inventory: Nanite Elixer (2x), Plasma Potion (2x), 

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ) *Stable*
26, Male, Human
Character Points: 1/10
Vitality: 1/5
Strength: 1
Spirit: 0
Proficiencies: Culture 2, Deception 1, Insight 1, Persuasion 2, Long Range Weapon 1
Known Spells (if applicable): 
Credits: 55
Equipment: Lawyer's Rifle (Standard Long Range Energy weapon), Translator Cube
Inventory: 1x Essence of Glibness, 1x Essence of Intellect

51239752472_33cc55f83d_o.jpg
Felix Mao (Khorne) *Mission Leader*
37 Cycles Old Male Chimeran
Character Points: 2/10
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 3
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 1, Coding 1, Survival 1, Nature 1
Known Spells: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 0
Equipment: 'Old Reliable' Plasma Handgun (Standard Short Range Energy Weapon), Hacking Chip
Inventory: Plasma Potion (1x), Cloaking Generator

Loot:
Ion Repeater (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon)
Stun Sword (Standard Elemental Melee Range Weapon)
1 Character Point Each

"oh..." Varen said as he stumbled forward to eventually stand. "Oh no. That, uh, that hurt a lot... Nah, Nah I've had worse hangovers than that! Right? Yeah."

Varen then ducked away. "Give me a moment,." He then promptly puked out on the ground. "Ok yeah, that was rough, man."

As she sit down against the "tree". I think I will need a minute here. Someone should time how long it takes for these Plasma Potion(s) to work properly here in this place. 

/// I could try to time the Plasma Potion's full effectiveness in the realm

Use one Plasma Potion on herself and the other one on Varen. 

Polaris notes that the potion kicks in approximately 1 Round after consuming.

Polaris uses Plasma Potion on self - 6+1 = 7 HP Restored
Polaris uses Plasma Potion on Varen - 2+1 = 3 HP Restored

Party

Character Points: 1/11
Vitality: 8/8 
Strength: 
Spirit: 
Equipment: Mecha Strike (standard, kinetic, melee weapon), 
Inventory: Nanite Elixer (2x)

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ) *Stable*
26, Male, Human
Character Points: 1/11
Vitality: 4/5
Proficiencies: Culture 2, Deception 1, Insight 1, Persuasion 2, Long Range Weapon 1
Inventory: 1x Essence of Glibness, 1x Essence of Intellect

Character Points: 2/11
Equipment: 'Old Reliable' Plasma Handgun (Standard Short Range Energy Weapon), Hacking Chip

Loot:
Ion Repeater (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon)
Stun Sword (Standard Elemental Melee Range Weapon)

Felix holstered his gun and let out a high-pitched whistle as he surveyed the scene. He pinched his forehead in contemplation as he reviewed the battle internally. "Definitely your best act, Mao", he thought to himself, "are ya losing it, son?"

The Chimeran patted Varen on the shoulder, but looked away when he started to wretch. "There, there, ami."

"I should've come up with a better strategy for this. Next time, no one is going down on my watch."

Felix collected the loot from the drones and distributed amongst his companions. "Job well done, Polaris," he said as he gave her the Stun Sword. "Same goes to you, Varen."

Felix gives the Ion Repeater to Varen and the Stun Sword to Polaris.

"Now that we've dealt with these flying heaps of junk, how about we take a peek inside, see?"

Varen swallowed down the potion. "Thanks, Polaris, I owe you one. Nice work out there."

Varen stood up. Man, haven't been that close to death in a while, he thought, and this time I wasn't even on the good stuff. Gotta be a little more careful. Eh, we'll see.

Varen takes and inspects the rifle handed to him by Felix. "Hey don't feel bad, we're in aetherspace, something new for all of us. I think we're still getting our legs. Sorry I went down like that."

1 hour ago, Khorne said:

Felix collected the loot from the drones and distributed amongst his companions. "Job well done, Polaris," he said as he gave her the Stun Sword. "Same goes to you, Varen."

Felix gives the Ion Repeater to Varen and the Stun Sword to Polaris.

"Now that we've dealt with these flying heaps of junk, how about we take a peek inside, see?"

Well I aaammm...As the weapon is handed to her. Not sure if I need this but OK, if someone wants to trade for it later let me know. 

Hopefully the doors are open now. 

59 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Varen swallowed down the potion. "Thanks, Polaris, I owe you one. Nice work out there."

Varen stood up. Man, haven't been that close to death in a while, he thought, and this time I wasn't even on the good stuff. Gotta be a little more careful. Eh, we'll see.

/// I am still detecting a slight weakness in you. Possibly from your near death experience. It is recommend to check with a specialties later if it does not go away. 

Polaris then chimes in. That is the standard advice we are spouse to give. 

Are you sure we got every thing off those drones? Part of me wants to take them all the way part so they will not attack us again. 

6 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// I am still detecting a slight weakness in you. Possibly from your near death experience. It is recommend to check with a specialties later if it does not go away. 

Polaris then chimes in. That is the standard advice we are spouse to give. 

Are you sure we got every thing off those drones? Part of me wants to take them all the way part so they will not attack us again. 

"Yeah, when we get back I'll go talk to someone. You've got a good point on the drones. We should completely dismantle them."

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

Varen takes and inspects the rifle handed to him by Felix. "Hey don't feel bad, we're in aetherspace, something new for all of us. I think we're still getting our legs. Sorry I went down like that."

"Those were some rookie mistakes I made. I'm team leader with Aetherdiving experience. I'm supposed get us through this thing," Felix remarked, slightly agitated with his performance. "I mean, I've been out of it for some time, but I believed I still had it in me, you know."

56 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"Yeah, when we get back I'll go talk to someone. You've got a good point on the drones. We should completely dismantle them."

With a loud ruckus Felix planted his foot on one of the drones. "Pretty sure they're goners", he smirked. "Let's try that door now, shall we."

Felix checks to see if the door is open now.

A quick survey of the drones find them smashed to pieces and inoperable. Felix tries the keypad once more and corrects his coding mistake from earlier, forcing the door open. The group enter the dimly lit warehouse, shelving unit upon shelving unit stretch as far as the eye can see. Glowing cubes line the shelves slowly pulsing with a dim light from inside them.

51313584712_0e29f3d84d_z.jpg

What is this place? It looks like a library, of some sort. 

Starts to check the shelves to see if she could read anything. 

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

What is this place? It looks like a library, of some sort. 

Starts to check the shelves to see if she could read anything. 

Polaris interacts with one of the cubes and has her senses flooded with a cascade of information on genome sequencing and pharmaceutical manufacturing. The cubes seem part of the information storage system.

13 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Polaris interacts with one of the cubes and has her senses flooded with a cascade of information on genome sequencing and pharmaceutical manufacturing. The cubes seem part of the information storage system.

Whoa, if the rest of these cube have similar information, I think my Medical skills are going way up. 

Checks out another cube for information. As she tries to remember what color the last cube was she decided to check a different color cube. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

His eyes adjusting to the dimly-lit room, Felix surveyed the shelves until he suddenly noticed one of them appeared to be missing a cube. Perhaps his eyes were deceiving him, or maybe it was just nothing, but the feline decided to check it out anyway (the middle shelf of the second unit from the right).

Hearing Polaris' remark, Felix replied: "Makes sense since Lupin company is a bio-tech firm and I'm guessing this is one of their data storage facilities." Following Polaris' example, Felix also interacted with a random cube to check its content.

"Perhaps more might be going on here than was let on at first," he mused in his mind, before shaking his head. "Investigate first before jumping to conclusions, man. Build the case. Build the case!"

On 7/16/2021 at 10:28 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Whoa, if the rest of these cube have similar information, I think my Medical skills are going way up. 

Checks out another cube for information. As she tries to remember what color the last cube was she decided to check a different color cube. 

Polaris Medicine Proficiency Check (DC 3) - 2, 6, 5, 4 (3 Successes) - Polaris's Medicine checks made Lucky for remainder of the mission.

Polaris accesses another cube, differing in color, but finds much of the same type of information.

21 hours ago, Khorne said:

His eyes adjusting to the dimly-lit room, Felix surveyed the shelves until he suddenly noticed one of them appeared to be missing a cube. Perhaps his eyes were deceiving him, or maybe it was just nothing, but the feline decided to check it out anyway (the middle shelf of the second unit from the right).

Hearing Polaris' remark, Felix replied: "Makes sense since Lupin company is a bio-tech firm and I'm guessing this is one of their data storage facilities." Following Polaris' example, Felix also interacted with a random cube to check its content.

"Perhaps more might be going on here than was let on at first," he mused in his mind, before shaking his head. "Investigate first before jumping to conclusions, man. Build the case. Build the case!"

Felix does confirm that a cube is indeed missing from it's location. Checking a nearby holocube, the Chimeran feels his senses overwhelmed with endless chemical formulae and synthesis reactions for biological components.

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Felix does confirm that a cube is indeed missing from it's location. Checking a nearby holocube, the Chimeran feels his senses overwhelmed with endless chemical formulae and synthesis reactions for biological components.

"Interesting," he muttered and ran his finger over the empty space, checking to see if lots of dust had settled there already or if there were indications that the cube was only recently taken.

His eyes having adjusted to the dim light, Felix also looked around for anything out of the ordinary or perhaps a set of tracks that could help the case.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Polaris Medicine Proficiency Check (DC 3) - 2, 6, 5, 4 (3 Successes) - Polaris's Medicine checks made Lucky for remainder of the mission.

Polaris accesses another cube, differing in color, but finds much of the same type of information. 

I should see what else is these other books. As she lets her curiosity to continue running around, she checks out a third color cube. 

11 hours ago, Khorne said:

"Interesting," he muttered and ran his finger over the empty space, checking to see if lots of dust had settled there already or if there were indications that the cube was only recently taken.

His eyes having adjusted to the dim light, Felix also looked around for anything out of the ordinary or perhaps a set of tracks that could help the case.

Felix notes that the spot is relatively clean and that the cube must have been removed recently.

Felix Survival Proficiency Check (DC 3) - (6, 2, 6, 4) 3 Successes

Felix is able spot the same set of tracks from the front entrance that continues amongst the shelves.

10 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I should see what else is these other books. As she lets her curiosity to continue running around, she checks out a third color cube. 

Upon lifting another cube a soft alarm tone begins to sound, however Polaris's senses are inundated with knowledge of differing symptoms and reactions of certain ailments and diseases.

The rest of the group watches as the floors of the warehouse take on a slick frictionless texture.

51315547217_a2b399e23b_c.jpg

MM Note: In order to move forward the group will need to navigate from the entrance to the exit of the main warehouse, however due to the state of the floors the group can only slide in one direction till they reach a wall at which point they can turn. Send me a PM with the path the party should take for XP.

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Upon lifting another cube a soft alarm tone begins to sound, however Polaris's senses are inundated with knowledge of differing symptoms and reactions of certain ailments and diseases.

The rest of the group watches as the floors of the warehouse take on a slick frictionless texture

As Polaris puts the cube back. What is going on here? And what happen to the floor?

/// I believe a security protocol has gone active. I believe my sonar can map out the area... 

As they started to slide around the room back and forth one way and then next. They eventually come to a stop next to the others at corner. 

/// From my scans, I believe I found an exit to the next area. And a possible path to get to said exit if it is needed. 

I think we should let the others decide if they want our help. 

"Well this is certainly puzzling," Varen quipped.

MM Note: To be clear, you don't have to provide a solution, but if you'd like the reward (character point), go ahead and send something in.

"Let's hope this sliding floor is the only problem that comes with that alarm and no new drones are sent," Felix chuckled softly.

28 minutes ago, Khorne said:

"Let's hope this sliding floor is the only problem that comes with that alarm and no new drones are sent," Felix chuckled softly.

"Yeah we need to be slick here."

The trio navigate the corridors of the frictionless warehouse with trained experience eventually arriving at a separate storage annex. A low hum permeates the air and a dull glow from a gigantic cylindrical tank bathes the room in a soft purple glow.

51326008289_de3c094948_z.jpg

Character Points: 2/12
Vitality: 8/8 
Strength: 
Spirit: 
Equipment: Mecha Strike (standard, kinetic, melee weapon)
Inventory: Nanite Elixer (2x), Stun Sword (Standard Elemental Melee Range Weapon)

varen_avatar.png
Varen Nastayo (KotZ)
26, Male, Human
Character Points: 2/12
Vitality: 4/5
Inventory: 1x Essence of Glibness, 1x Essence of Intellect, Ion Repeater (Standard Energy Long Range Weapon)

Character Points: 3/12

15 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Yeah we need to be slick here."

"Heh, smooth," Felix laughed.

Felix cautiously entered the storage room and moved towards to the Thudaal. While inching closer, he made sure to keep an eye on the purple tank, trying to figure out its contents (Nature check).

"Agent Lars?," the Chimeran asked in a calm and soothing manner, not wanting to startle the stranger in whatever it was he was doing.