KimT

2008 Picture thread

It changed:

For January look in the tables above. In summer 2009 these new sets releases:

The Arrest of Chancellor Palpatine (T'r'U exclusive)(Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn, Agen Kolar, Chancellor Palpatine, Anakin Skywalker)

Count Dooku's Solar Sailor (Wal-Mart exclusive) (Count Dooku, 2 pilot droids)

The Clone Wars Y-Wing (Pilot, Droid)

Forest of Endor Playset (with 8 minifigures)

Ewoks battle pack (with 4 minifigures)

Battle of Hoth Playset (with 6 Minifigures)

Snowtrooper battle pack (3 snowtroopers, 1 AT-AT Pilot)

Ahsoka's Fighter (Ahsoka)

Tri Droid (2 Super Battle Droids, 1 Clone, Captain Rex, Anakin Skywalker)

The Invisible Hand (5 battle droids, 2 super battle droids, exclusive new General Grievous minifigure, 2 pilot droids)

10th Anniversary Edition: Millennium Falcon (with 10 exclusive Minifigures)

10th Anniversary Edition: Tantive IV (Princess Leia, Captain Antilies, R2-D2, C3-PO, 5 rebel soldiers, 2 droids, Darth Vader, 3 stormtroopers)

10th Anniversary Edition: Republic Star Destroyer (25 Minifigures)

Special set (unknown number of minifigures)

Note that these are rumors, and may or may not turn out to be real sets.

It changed:

For January look in the tables above. In summer 2009 these new sets releases:

The Arrest of Chancellor Palpatine (T'r'U exclusive)(Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn, Agen Kolar, Chancellor Palpatine, Anakin Skywalker)

The Clone Wars Y-Wing (Pilot, Droid)

Tri Droid (2 Super Battle Droids, 1 Clone, Captain Rex, Anakin Skywalker)

The Invisible Hand (5 battle droids, 2 super battle droids, exclusive new General Grievous minifigure, 2 pilot droids)

10th Anniversary Edition: Tantive IV (Princess Leia, Captain Antilies, R2-D2, C3-PO, 5 rebel soldiers, 2 droids, Darth Vader, 3 stormtroopers)

Special set (unknown number of minifigures)

The list gets better but less beleiveable. :cry_sad:

The list gets better but less beleiveable. :cry_sad:

It just looks to good indeed, and expensive if you want them all. I doubt they will release a second wave of battle packs in 2009, I think that it wouldn't be good from a comercial point of vieuw.

Hopefully the Star destroyer (if real) will Have opening panels and then Have sections like the Death star,

I think the only reason it is out so late is because we will probably see more of it in the TV series.

Can there really be 10 minfigs on the falcon as there have never been 10 people in it at a time!

The solar sailor sounds good, I think we will see more of that and a glimpse of ashoka's fighter in the new series too

I know that Plo Koon is featured a lot on the 'Providence' I think so we may get him with admirals and pilots and clones.

Also, there can be other minifigs with the Falcon like the snowtrooper was with the last one.

post-3834-1219770634.jpgI was hoping that Lego would slip in a few of these gentlemen in one of the 2009 sets.

They are from the delightful new Clone Wars movie and are clone scout troopers, I believe. Perhaps if we get a Venator-class Star Destroyer ?

And I agree, we need a Ki-Adi-Mundi please.

It just looks to good indeed, and expensive if you want them all. I doubt they will release a second wave of battle packs in 2009, I think that it wouldn't be good from a comercial point of vieuw.

In argument, they released the original Clone and Droid BP's in the same year as the Rebel and Imperial BP's, didn't they? :sceptic:

But anyway, This list does sound to good to be true. There seem to be WAY too many sets coming out at once for this to be completely true. Though that Tri Droid is still sounding amazing. I could use another Rex to turn into a blue Arc Trooper. :tongue: Other than that though, the only other set I'm really interested in from the Summer line-up is the Y-wing, and that's only if it's the republic one.

I'd like to get the Republic Star Destroyer, but it sounds like it's going to be huge, and I'm not excited about spending alot of money for the second summer in a row. Speaking of which, I like how the fig count for the RSD jumped up from 20 to 25... :hmpf_bad:

I could see the 10th ann. sets but there is still to many. I mean I think the biggest wave that ever came out was episode 3 with more than 7 sets. I wish this stuff was true but I highly doubt it now. Maybe some stuff will be. I just hope they stay witht the clone wars phase 1's instead of changing them or going back to the old ones.

I just realized sensai tin and agen kolar are now in palpatines arrest.

Edited by CloneMe

These are really the only ones I believe will come out, and thats a stretch. Why come out with a battle of hoth playset when Echo Base was just released in 2007. 25 figures for the Star Destroyer is a huge amount. More like 12 or so is what i'd expect. Another Millennium Falcon. Whats that going to be, the 4th one we've got now? Its like me putting on Wikipedia that lego is coming out with a Coruscant Playset featuring 50 minifigures. Thats probably what some of this is. Maybe they ran out of ideas and just put Special Set....

Edited by Bob the Construction Man

This list sounds much better, but much more expensive and unrealistic. I would love to get these sets, if I had the money. There are way too many big and expensive ones, even for an anniversary. But if this was the real list, lots of fans would be happy, I think. There's plenty of OT to go around, and the PT isn't too expensive, as long as the RSD isn't over $150 (which I doubt), but we can still hope.

These are really the only ones I believe will come out, and thats a stretch. Why come out with a battle of hoth playset when Echo Base was just released in 2007. 25 figures for the Star Destroyer is a huge amount. More like 12 or so is what i'd expect. Another Millennium Falcon. Whats that going to be, the 4th one we've got now? Its like me putting on Wikipedia that lego is coming out with a Coruscant Playset featuring 50 minifigures. Thats probably what some of this is. Maybe they ran out of ideas and just put Special Set....

I could see the tri droid as well. I mean it is part of the clone wars and it would be pretty fricken cool.

I, too, believe that the Tri-Droid set is a possibility. We first heard rumors about one before the Jan '09 pictures were discovered. Basically, I believe that anything on the list on Wikipedia that was also on the list that displayed sets of all themes that are planned for '09, are possibilities. Unlike the other such as the Tantive IV, Falcon, and Invisible Hand.

the ones i would like to see are

that is still wishful thinking

Remember people that this thread is for discussintg the rumours on what might be coming our way.

If you want to talk about the sets, You'd like to see/have in the future, then go here.

Stay on target! (and on topic :tongue: )

Remember people that this thread is for discussintg the rumours on what might be coming our way.

If you want to talk about the sets, You'd like to see/have in the future, then go here.

Stay on target! (and on topic :tongue: )

Sorry. People keep posting lists about the Summer Lineup, even though it is still a ways off.

Ok it seems people are just editing Wikipedia with what they want to come out, I could possibly see

Ahsokas Starfighter

Tri Droid

Endor Playset

Hoth Playset

Anniversery Falcon

Anniversery Republic Star Destroyer

Arrest of Palpatine (with all the jedi)

Even that seems to be a bit of a stretch to me, however I find that more plausable then all the stuff thats on that Wiki page now. I don't trust the presumed minifig count on any of this, it could be possible but I doubt they would put out something that high. Does anyone else agree with me on that?

Well this last list is definitely awesome :cry_happy::thumbup: , but I really doubt this is true because it includes basically all the things we hope to get released for years :tongue: , and really the minifig count is beliable, compared to the "13 sets" that are supposed to be released :hmpf:. They are too many even if this is the anniversary :laugh: . But if the list is true the next year is going to be the best year for star wars :sweet: .

Edited by darkrebellion

They all sound awesome. And expensive. I hope they are all true. But they do seem unrealistic :sceptic: Although some realism returns by this being the 10th ann. 2009 seems more expensive than this year, and that was alot. :sceptic:

I can believe that these sets could come out simply because we have heard about Endor, Ashoka, and the Tri-Droid plus it is the anniversary of Star Wars Lego so they will release more than the one we voted on. Plus, multiple people have said that Palpatine won.

Hey hey, look! We got another new set for '09!

ORDER 66 (Many different kinds such as yoda and gree, Obi-wan and Cody, etc.)

Link

You may have to scroll down some.

Well, won't this be super? A set with Jedi and Clone Commanders such as Cody, Gree, Bacara, and maybe Bly. Not to mention the Jedi Generals like Ki-Adi, Aayla, Obi-wan, and Yoda!

Hey hey, look! We got another new set for '09!

ORDER 66 (Many different kinds such as yoda and gree, Obi-wan and Cody, etc.)

Link

You may have to scroll down some.

Well, won't this be super? A set with Jedi and Clone Commanders such as Cody, Gree, Bacara, and maybe Bly. Not to mention the Jedi Generals like Ki-Adi, Aayla, Obi-wan, and Yoda!

Anyone could have put that in there, it is wikipedia after all.

As amazingly cool as Order66 would be i find it...somewhat unlikely. Sure this is the anniversery but all these sets are a complete overload!! An Order 66 series would probobly call for 4 - 5 $10 - $20 sets and it would just be too many sets being released this year. I would love, but sadly, I just don't buy it (hopefully I can be proven wrong).