KimT

2008 Picture thread

Nothing happened to it.

I checked the BS folder and a pic of the catalog states that it's from January to May 2009. So no worries, the other rumoured sets might be true.

Thanks for the info on the dates for the catalogue and the link to the BS gallery, they're just what I needed. :sweet:

VVVVVVVVVV

1. The Clone Pilot in the Clone Walker set has black arms.

2. There's no ARC Trooper in said set.

IMO, the "Pilot" is not a Pilot because-

A. He has a completely diff. torso than the other pilots.

B. The printing on his helmet is in gold and dark green not yellow.

And C. The GAR symbols on his helmet are black not red.

Also, TLG has this policy of counting any clone minifig with ARC accessories as an ARC. :hmpf:

7. No new animated Yoda head.

TLG hasn't animated a molded headpiece yet, and I don't think they're going to start with the new Yoda headpiece.

Evidence: JediNews stated in their "Even juicier LEGO 2009 Rumour List" and I quote, "Yoda has a new head, that's a bit more LEGO-scale than the previous one.", end quote.

VVVVVVVVVV

I am comparing the Lego Attack Shuttle to the actual shuttle, and I don't see much of a difference. Most pics of early sets that we do see are usually the same when they are released.

The color scheme is correct with the patches of yellow. Take a look:

*Image of the Republic Attack Shuttle*

*Illegal (at least on EB) image of the Republic Attack Shuttle*

It seems pretty accurate to me.

It is in the basic sense of the word, but other CW sets such as the new LAAT have a more finished look.

To me it looks like the designers just covered the rudimentary design of the ship, and forgot about smoothing out all the rough spots in the design.

Such as- the wings being way too short, the blue technic pins showing, all the gaps in-between the plates making up the hull and cockpit of the ship,

it's also in dire need of some stickers for the trans-black windshield piece.

Don't get me wrong though, the set itself isn't bad, it just needs a lot of fine tuning. :wink:

VVVVVVVVVV

... we now have IG-88s A-D like in Tales of the Bounty Hunters!

Technically they're supposed to be IG-86 Assassin droids.

Kudos to TLG for making accurate figs, or at least trying to. :laugh:

VVVVVVVVVV

Hey, what's a Lego set without the vastly popular flick fire missiles!

Isn't that the truth of it.

VVVVVVVVVV

Look what I found! Credit to a member on BZPower named -Bitil- for finding these.

Doesn't anyone take the time to read the last couple of pages of this thread before posting? :hmpf_bad:

All those pics have been found for awhile now, I even had time to resize and post them. We're just not allowed to post pics or deeplinks yet as there's a copyright issue.

Read the thread before you post people, or at least the last 4-5 pages of it!

-Tarfful, who hates to end a post on a negative note, so... *in a positive tone* goodbye! :tongue:

Edited by Tarfful

he hey i have found pics of the new 2009 sets

clone battle pack 1 clone pilot 2 clones clone commander and a At Rt sort of walker.

ASSASIN droid battle pack [ ig-88 style] 5 assasin droids 3 silver 2 black and an awsome plane sort of thing.

a droid bomber with 3 red and grey droids with jetpacks.

ATT with 2 super battle droids 1 droid 1 clone and yoda NO NEW MOLD OF FACE

Republic attack shuttle with 1 clone 1 pilot [clone] and mace windu but without a cartoon face

:thumbdown:

and finally darth vaders tie fighter [ ultimate collectors edition]

go to brickshelf [ yes i know] and tipe in 2009 star wars and you should see it

That has been posted a couple pages back. :sceptic:

The clone battlepack is nice and I will probably end up buying 3 or 4.

The assassin battlepack is cool especially the ship. I'll buy 1 or 2.

The Hyena bomber is probably the worst SW set so far but the droids are sweet and I will buy it depending on the price.

The AAT is awesome. It come with Yoda! Great remake!

The republic attack shuttle is cool and the set is sweet.

Can't wait for 09'! :cry_happy:

Lego12

As a rule I buy every Lego Star Wars set that comes out (unless its unbelievably sub bar - i.e Hoth Base)

None of those sets look any good to be honest....

Very kiddy and <insert that tiresome argument>

..which is odd as I would say 2008 was the best year for Lego ever - and the Death Star hasnt even been released yet!

Looks like Lego got complacent again - the pirate sets arent much better

Thanks for the pics Navy Trooper Fenson :thumbup::cry_happy: . With this list I only can said the next year is going to be awesome. So, here are my thoughts in the new sets:

8014 Clone Walker: I think this set is pretty cool :thumbup: , I think this is the best vehicle the TLC have done for a battlepack so it makes a cool small set :sweet: .

8015 Assassin Droids: The vehicle is pretty neat :thumbup: and the droids are cool anyway so a nice small set too :classic: .

8016 Hyena Droid Bomber: I think this set is pretty cool and to be honest is one of my personal favorites in this wave :thumbup::cry_happy: , the model is cool and it surely will be more detailed (I think the stickers are pretty sure to be made by the TLC) and I always like the looks of the vulture droid. The new droids in this set are my favorite minifig in the whole new wave so this set is a must for me :cry_happy: .

8017 Darth Vader

Edited by darkrebellion

*girly scream* They're beautiful :wub:

My verdict..

Clone BP: Awsome!! I love it! The best BP so far :thumbup: Couldnt have asked for better!

Assasin Droids: The droids are beautiful, I wanted some magna droids but these are still awsome, the speeder uis nice also :thumbup:

Hyena: the ship is alright I guess but I love those droids in that colour shceme :thumbup:

Vaders Fighter: I really like this one, probably the best tie so far :thumbup:

AAT: Wow :oh: Its bigger than I expected1 Very nice :thumbup: Dont know how one clone can beat it though :tongue:

Shuttle: looks awsome and very accurate :thumbup: Looks pricey though..

Overall 09 is lookin awsome alreadt :thumbup:

Does anyone know if the other sets will be comming out at the same time?

Clone Battle Pack: Buying Multiples 1st

Droid Battle Pack: Buying Multiples 5th

AAT: Yoda :cry_happy: Buying Multiples for a large Battle 2nd

Hyena Droid Bomber: Odd, buy some maybe 6th

Darth Vader's TIE X1: Must have, 10th anniversary, sweet fig 3rd

Republic Attack Shuttle: Cool, good figs, so probably buy 4th

And then so many more in the future

Edit: I read somewhere that there will be a Rotta and Jar Jar Impulse set. I don't remember where though. Is this true?

Edited by Justin2224

We know... :hmpf:

Hehe, pitiful n00bs. :tongue:

In-e-ways, back on topic...

I think it's time I estimated the price-points for each of these six set: (As if anybody cared.)

8014 Clone Walker: 10-12USD

Reason: Much wiser piece usage but still a few more bricks then the previous Clone BP. I'm hoping it'll still be 10USD but wouldn't be surprised if they jacked the price up a few dollars.

8015 Assassin Droids: 10-12USD

Reason: Looks like it contains a lot more pieces then the previous Droid BP, IMO the speeder is a way too big. If they downsized the piece-count of the speeder and included one of the new STAP's

I'd happily pay more then 10USD for it, but seeing as that's probably not going to happen I'd go with 10USD as the most likely asking price. TLG also likes to keep the price-points for the BP's equal so

that's gotta factor in somewhere doesn't it?

8016 Hyena Droid Bomber: 25-30USD

Reason: Definitely the oddball of the group, it looks like a max of 250 pieces go into making the bomber itself and that's being quite generous. Add in the 24 pieces required to make the jet-pack droids

(including their blasters) and you've got a number in the vicinity of 274 pieces. Seeing how the Spider Droid has about as many pieces plus 2 actual minifigs I'd say this is probably going to be cheaper,

but then again TLG seems keen on jacking the price up for all CW sets.

8017 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter: 25-35USD

Reason: The best System scale TIE we've seen yet. This set is sure to thrill OT fans and fans of SW LEGO in general, and with 251 pieces no less. Seeing as this is the 10th Anniversary set though

I wouldn't be surprised if TLG decided to jack the price up 5-10USD.

8018 Separatist AAT: 35-40USD

Reason: TLG has done a great job so far on using bigger pieces to keep the piece count relatively low, while not making the pieces too big as to upset AFOL's, and this set is no exception.

The AAT itself looks to be containing anywhere from 280-300 pieces, normally this would make the price be about 30USD, but seeing as the set is also supposed to contain a redone Yoda,

I wouldn't be surprised if this set came in at 40USD.

8019 Republic Attack Shuttle: 45-50USD

Reason: By far the biggest set of the bunch, the shuttle looks to contain anywhere from 350-400 pieces An appropriate price would be 40USD but seeing as it'll contain a new Mace and the fact that it's a

CW set I'd estimate the price being 5-10USD more.

Well that's my take anyway...

-Tarfful, who thought that that post would have been a lot shorter. :grin:

Edited by Tarfful

Well that's my take anyway...

Looks about right to me. Except maybe the shuttle- 60, maybe 70. Now that I look at it, it looks pretty bulky. Once I strip out the flick-fire mechanism, maybe work on the head a bit, this should be a wonderful troop carrier.

The clone battle pack is the best of the lot. No way the best design, but anything with 3 clones and a 'pilot', is taking up most of my wallet money. Who is that 'pilot', anyway? TV series character? Looks cool, though.

AAT- nice, but it could use a bit of help. I've been looking forward to this set for so long I'm going to get it anyway. The guns are too far out and the stupid cyclops eye needs help.

Hyena doid- hmmm. Okaay. Wonder if the droids attack onto it...

My overall thinking of the '09 sets:

Clone BP: Not a big fan. Probably will buy for the ARC Trooper accessories, and trade off the clones. My collections is mainly Phase 2 Clones, and I am not looking to mix. The walker seems weak, like a tiny AT-RT. I may just modify it and make it look more like the AT-RT, only smaller from the TLG's original desgin in '05.

Droid BP: What the heck? Five IG-88 looking figs? Not much creativity. I will most likely trade off those figs as well, but I will hang onto the nifty speeders. Those bikes look very nice with the dark blue pieces and stickers of the CIS symbol which I can greatly use for my MOCs.

Hyena Droid Bomber: I am curious about the choice of name. Do hyenas even exist in the Star Wars Universe? I had the same thoughts when the Vulture Droid was released. But actually, this is a very neat looking set. Like all bombers, its much larger than regular fighters and I like seeing that. Now I don't have to use my Gen. Grievous fighters as bombers (got the idea from SW: BF II) in my Dioramas :thumbup: . It looks like the "bombs" follow the same dropping method as they do in the Droid Gunship set, which I admire :wub: . I'm always happy to add another droid fighter to the CIS Navy. As for the figs, I don't fully understand the color scheme of the Battle Droids. Dark red with dark bluish grey? Reminds me of an old SW fig post-3704-1219274301.jpg. But, we get three Jet Droids, so they are fine with me :sweet: .

TIE Advance: I am not much of an OT guy. However, I do like how it is grey and black this time, and not blue and black. Hopefully TLG will follow this idea if they ever re-release other TIEs. The fig is a new print of Darth Vader like the one in the new DS playset, so I'd like to get one of him.

AAT: All I can say is FINALLY! They re-released the MTT in new brown and greys, and now we finally have a new AAT to go with it. I'm sure people can find a way to make it tan, and have it still retain the sleek new-ness. I'm sure it is missing the CIS emblem stickers, but they will be added in the end. I'd like to get my hands on two of these, to help with future Dioramas that I may have planned. I love the new dark blue look, it matches most of the other CIS vehicles (If only they did the same with the new Hailfire) Overall, great set and nice build. The top cockpit is higher up, and not pulled back as much as the original was and I like that feature.

Republic Attack Shuttle: Most of you are disappointed with this set, and I understand why. But, you have to admit it does look good. I'm happy to see it because I hope to use as Transport for Dioramas. That way, my aerial vehicles will not consist of one Gunship, and a bunch of fighters. I like the flick-fire missile thing on the top of the ship. It looks like an interesting mechanism. It looks like if you push down the missile holder, they are launched through the opening at the top, and so you really don't have to "flick." The figs seem alright. I'm not a big fan of the animated faces, so I'll most likely trade off all the figs. Maybe not Windu though, but only in the case that he has a neat torso.

Seems that most of the 'Canon' sets from this summer and January of 09 have to do with the Battle of Christophsis.

Still no sign of a Tri-Droid though. I was really looking forward to seeing the so-called "Jet" Troopers that were suppose to be included. Guess we have to wait and see what Summer of '09 brings.

Good god, I must have died and gone to heaven! Though I was looking forward to a TIE Bomber, the Hyena bomber looks hopefull(who knew were hyenas in star wars :wacko::tongue: ). I will need multiples of the BPs, especially the assaisin one so I can update my 2006 slave 1. That new Vader's TIE is perfect, perfect color scheme and perfect new Vader. I will have to have an army of clones to go around in that beautiful shuttle. So all I need now is the second half of 2009 pics, hopefully there is going to be an endor playset and is simmilar to Echo Base from last year (along with the price :tongue: ). I dont even care how it looks, it is endor! Pirate ship must be for a bounty hunter in clone wars or something. I have loved that solar sail since AOTC, hopefully lego can make the sail go back in the ship, if not it must be detachable. Yay OT! I thought I had lost you :cry_happy: .

)TNR(

I am a big fan of all except the Assassin droid BP. I wigh it was simply a BD BP. The Assassin droids don't really look that cool to me. Other than that, all of the sets are great. I will definitely be picking up the Clone BP, AAT, and Clone Shuttle. Probably the Bomber too.

I think I have discovered what our mystery clone pilot is in the Battle Pack.

Could he be an AT-TE gunner? The markings match.

Wow, I think your right, I never thought of that. Well that awsome then, I'll finally have an accurate gunner for all my ships (since I'll use it as a gunner for more than just the AT-TE). And also, if you need more pilots, you could take the helmet and put it on an episode three clone pilot torso, it could pass as one. LEGO has really thought this through, haven't they :wink:

I think I have discovered what our mystery clone pilot is in the Battle Pack.

Could he be an AT-TE gunner? The markings match.

While this is exciting news, I would still prefer an actual pilot to be included. I know it probably won't happen, but I find that the Gunner should've been included with AT-TE, and that having multiple pilots would prove more beneficial, seeing as I need 4 for my RGS (which I'll be picking up tomorrow night). Although, I could use 2 gunners in the wings of the RGS, I will still need 2 pilots for the cockpit. And right now I'm not too eager to pick up the V19, and I don't think I'll ever really want that Attack Shuttle. Ugh, what a dilemma.

I agree with you Guhin, if LEGO was going to make an AT-TE gunner, why not just put it in with the AT-TE. I would much rather have had the gunner than Rotta. I swear, LEGO doesn't think things through very often, do they? :sceptic:

I agree with you Guhin, if LEGO was going to make an AT-TE gunner, why not just put it in with the AT-TE. I would much rather have had the gunner than Rotta. I swear, LEGO doesn't think things through very often, do they? :sceptic:

I will admit, they don't seem to think about where they place their minifigs. Remember the Shock troopers piloting the AT-AP back in January? :sceptic:

Put short, I just want some more pilots. A cheap way to get 4 or 5 pilots is all I ask. :tongue:

EDIT: I know it's not an AT-TE Gunner, but I just looked up AT-TE commanders on Wookiepedia, and it says that they are able to play any role in transport operations, including piloting. I guess that technically means you could use them in place of pilots on ships such as the RGS, but I would much rather like to use actual pilots. I need to find a way to get at least 2 pilots.

Edited by Guhin

the clone battle pack looks decent- at least it will solve the shortage problem

the droid bomber looks terrible- might be my first skip in a long time

the AAT tank looks good- bigger then the original i thought it was supposed to come with that alien leader?

my biggest gripe is the shuttle- why is TLC so against giving us boarding ramps on our shuttles- the nose of this republic shuttle is supposed to have the front boarding ramp- heck is plays a prominent role in the film- ashoka comes down the ramp and meets anakin- i was really hoping for it- and didn't get it o well

the tie looks great- it would be great to see a whole line of anniversary sets that where ultra detailed and movie accurate and all OT

I really like all the new sets, actually.

Clone BP- I'm not really a big fan of chicken-walkers, but I have to say, this beats the crap out of the speeder from the original BP. Plus, Commander armor, which I have yet to get. And, 4 clones! YAAAAAAY!!!!! :tongue:

Assassin Droid BP- Not sure about the speeder, but, it has some dark blue parts, which makes it good in my book! :classic: 5 blasters, yay! and, the whole point of the pack, 5 IG-86's! And two are black, cool.

Hyena Bomber- I actually really like this set. Plus the droids are awesome!

AAT- Simply beautiful! :wub: Dark blue FTW! Plus a bonus clone and Yoda remake to boot!

TIE Advanced- Not really different than the old one, except gray instead of blue. I might get it for parts and DV, though.

Republic Attack Shuttle- This is just, awesome! Dark red is the best color IMO. I will finally be able to get a non-LUL Mace Windu, hooray!

Just my few cents.

DSR

Yay something to pit against a Fighter Tank. (AAT)

I think I'll just go for the sets with the clones.

I may have to reconsider what I buy now.

The colors on the shuttle are pretty accurate (minus the rainbow missile) and it looks like a decent transport for my clones.

Now I should start making a small phase 1 clone army :sweet:

Wow! :oh: Such good pics already? Sweet! :sweet:

I am mostly quite happy about what I'm seeing. :thumbup: The clone BP is pretty much what I expected it to be, although I was counting with a rebel BP-type speeder instead of this weird two-seat AT-RT and was hoping for a normal pilot. :sceptic: The "pilot" seems to be the oddball of this set, like the star corps trooper of the old clone BP, and is probably some kind of special division that we don't know about yet. He may not even be a pilot. Would it not be him driving the walker if he were a pilot? We will have to wait and see. I'll definately get multiples of this one.

The droid BP on the other hand is nothing like I was hoping for. :sad: I sooo wanted the kind of BP that was in the rumors first, with Magnas and Droidekas! :cry_sad: I really hope that we will still get something like that at some point. Anyway, for what it is, the assassin droid BP is actually pretty good, considering all the pieces in interesting colors. All that dark blue and silver... :wub:

The fact that these BPs have stickers and FF missiles is not a bad thing either. The stickers are useful for MOCs and the tips of the droids' missiles can be used for electrostaffs! :sweet:

The AAT looks pretty cool, even though it does not have a perfect design, and I shall get at least one of these. But WTF? No Loathsom, but instead a Yoda with a bigger head??? A bigger head would make sense in terms of his head-body proportions, but in comparison with other figs... idk. It doesn't look that big in the pic, so I'll wait and see how it turns out.

The Hyena Vulture Bomber, apart from its questionable name, looks pretty interesting, especially the Jet Droids that come with it. Everyone keeps saying they're dark red, but I'm pretty sure they're brown. Nevertheless, this promises to be a cool episode of The Clone Wars! Don't know if I'll get it, though; I have many higher priorities.

The shuttle is pretty darn spot-on and I would love to have one in my collection, but there are so many other sets I want, so I'll have to wait for a review to make up my mind about it. I really, really want a Mace Windu, but there are two good reasons why I don't want this one: First of all, he still has this stupid smiley face! :angry: Mace Windu is a BMF, so needs to look badass too! :sadnew: Also, if we should be getting a Palpatine's Arrest set at some point, I'll rather wait to get my Mace with that one! :wink: But, as I said, if the shuttle turns out to be one of the best sets of 2009 (which it admittedly has the potential to), I might forget about these things and get this set anyway. :tongue: Then I could BL one of the old NBA heads which looked at least somewhat cool and swap it with Mace's.

And since I'm not an OT fan, I don't care for the TIE Advanced. It does look very accurate, though. :thumbup:

I'm quite satisfied with the early 09 line. All the other sets look good, but not good enough to make me spend a lot on other sets than SW. Then again, we haven't seen any Space, Castle Elves, or Agents pics yet... :look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

If that was Yoda's head remade they could have at least colored in his eyes like they did with Kit Fisto.

Is that a new shooting funtion on the shuttle it looks like you push it down and it fires out or something as they are firing out of the little gap and not from the top.