KimT

2008 Picture thread

Oh, and KimT, I knew you would get around to it... eventually. :tongue:

(And FYI, they were from my BS folder. :laugh:)

I missed the pics at the quick read I did, so it took a while before I found them.

And yes I know they were from your BS, nice resize work :thumbup:

The pics we've seen in the past 24 hours might be all for now.

I'm not a retailer and therefore I have got no clue as to how often they recieve a catalog.

Twice a year sounds reasonable.

My guess is that this is all for now and that we'll get a new info wave in ½ a year.

- but there's still the exclusives and maybe they'll spring surprise on us as they did with the DS set.

"Comb the desert"

Well thats usually how it is! You can't expect a magazine to have ALL the sets for 09.

Key word: usually. :tongue:

Yeah, I know that that's usually how things go, but you never can know what the future will hold.

-Tarfful, who thinks this is getting as KimT would say, "off target". So let's stay on target, shall we? :sweet:

EDIT: Oh no, it looks like I've used some bad grammar and to top it off a mod quoted me using the bad grammar, in the SW forum!

I have now become the enemy, well not really; the spellcheck and edit buttons are extremely useful. :wink:

Edited by Tarfful

-Tarfful, who thinks this getting as KimT would say "off target". So let's stay on target, shall we? :sweet:

Agreed.

You've read my mind.

Let's get back to those lovely SW sets and the rumours for future sets in this great theme

I forgot I had an account on here, and was just watching for the longest time. :tongue:

Anyway, 09 sets are amazing. I love the Clone BP. I'm curious about this wierd Clone Pilot, and I wish it was just a regular pilot. I don't even have the V19 yet, and other than that the only other regular pilot we know of is in the Attack Shuttle.

As for the Attack Shuttle, I personally do not like it. The design is a little rough, and the colors are way to wacky to appeal to me.

The Droid BP is alright. I don't know if I really want the droids that much, but I love the colors of the speeder, so I'll probably get it for some nice pieces.

The AAT looks great. I'm really excited for this one. I've been waiting for an AAT remake for the longest time, and a CIS blue color scheme makes it even better. I only they would decide on The CIS blue or TF Brown color scheme, because now half of my Droid Army doesn't match the other half. Eh, whatever.

The Hyena looks interesting. I don't really know if I'm sold on it yet or not, but I'll probably know when we figure out the price.

And like others have asked, what happened to the Tri-Droid? I was really looking forward to that. But these sets are still just as good.

And like others have asked, what happened to the Tri-Droid? I was really looking forward to that. But these sets are still just as good.

Nothing happened to it.

I checked the BS folder and a pic of the catalog states that it's from January to May 2009. So no worries, the other rumoured sets might be true.

For gosh's sakes, people! THEY ARE PRELIMINARY! :tongue:

Here are my reasons for why I think these six pictures are preliminary:

1. The Clone Pilot in the Clone Walker set has black arms.

2. There's no ARC Trooper in said set.

3. I like the Assassin Droids set; really neat! Great to have the straight gun-holding droid arms in silver and black. :oh: (OK, that wasn't really a reason. :tongue: )

4. The heads of the Hyena bombers have no stickers to designate the photoreceptors and it looks very bland, and the droids look... Subpar.

5. The AAT looks very blocky and not very streamlined, although it's a great model.

6. No Whorm Loathsom.

7. No new animated Yoda head.

8. The Attack shuttle has terrible colors. They need to be dumbed down a bit.

9. Smiley-faced Mace(bad rhyme, I know :wink: )? Blech... But the torso is Obi-wan's torso and Qui-gon's torso from Kit Fisto's fighter and the Republic Cruiser but with the appropriate neck. And the missiles on the top don't look right... The missiles themselves? Isn't it just this on the end of a regular flick fire missile:

4773.png

Anyway, I do look forward to this line, but also to seeing better pics... :sweet:

I forgot I had an account on here, and was just watching for the longest time. :tongue:

The AAT looks great. I'm really excited for this one. I've been waiting for an AAT remake for the longest time, and a CIS blue color scheme makes it even better. I only they would decide on The CIS blue or TF Brown color scheme, because now half of my Droid Army doesn't match the other half. Eh, whatever.

Welcome back! :sweet:

Remember, it's not a matter of deciding on it, it's a matter of where it came from. If it came from the period of time when the droid manufacturers were coming together to form the CIS, then they all would be blue. If TLC did an Episode 1 line, it'd be tan. I believe it's as simple as that... :wink:

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

Nothing happened to it.

I checked the BS folder and a pic of the catalog states that it's from January to May 2009. So no worries, the other rumoured sets might be true.

Oh! Awesome! For the most part, the Tri Droid, and the sets that we now have pictures of, are the only ones I was really excited about.

Also, I'm a little dissapointed that the droid BP is Assassin droids. Not saying that I need more BD's, but I was hoping for another blue STAP.

One last thing, the Attack cruiser bugs me so much. I keep looking at it, trying to make it appealing to me, but I just don't like it yet. The colors aren't too bad, but I don't like the yellow. Also, some of the construction just doesn't resemble the actual vehicle. I dunno, here's hoping it'll either get better, or have a good price tag. :sceptic:

EDIT:

Remember, it's not a matter of deciding on it, it's a matter of where it came from. If it came from the period of time when the droid manufacturers were coming together to form the CIS, then they all would be blue. If TLC did an Episode 1 line, it'd be tan. I believe it's as simple as that...

I understand, and agree. lol thanks for the welcome back.

And thanks for reminding me about the Arc Trooper in the BP. Though, if you want to be techincal, the Clone with the gear could be considered an "Arc" trooper, since they said the normal Clone in the TX-130 with gear was an "Arc." Don't get me wrong though, I really hope to have either a red or a blue Arc Trooper.

Edited by Guhin

Yeah, I agree with you about that one. If that's the final model, TLC must've forgot to give its designers a raise after a FANTASTIC job with Clone Wars. :tongue: (serious about Clone Wars; more sarcastic about the raise :wink: )

Actually, that would sorta make sense if they were to do the droids in the Battle of

Teth

, I believe. That's where the AT-TE was which would be where the STAP was, as well. But they haven't even touched down with this line; I think TLC has some more packs in store for us. I'm still hoping for a legion colors battle pack where you can make five clones in the pack belong to whatever legion you want, and then give a Droids BP with that STAP. I think that'd make sense. :wink:

Was there a Tri-Droid pic I missed or something? Can that one and any other thing there that's not 8014 through 8019 have pics posted?

I am comparing the Lego Attack Shuttle to the actual shuttle, and I don't see much of a difference. Most pics of early sets that we do see are usually the same when they are released.

The color scheme is correct with the patches of yellow. Take a look:

Republicattackshuttle.jpg

EDIT: Prelim pic. Removed. Sorry no deeplinking

It seems pretty accurate to me.

Sometimes the only thing that changes in the preliminary pictures are the figs.

And I understand the dilemma with the Hyena Bomber. This most likely will make an appearance in the TV series, which I am glad to know that TLG is willing to make sets based off of a TV show. The reason we see no "eyes" is mainly because TLG didn't want to make stickers for preliminary pics.

Edited by KimT

Was there a Tri-Droid pic I missed or something? Can that one and any other thing there that's not 8014 through 8019 have pics posted?

1. No one said ALL of those pics were posted. :wacko:

2. Did you miss the above conversation between Guhin and KimT? I suggest you read it.

I am comparing the Lego Attack Shuttle to the actual shuttle, and I don't see much of a difference. Most pics of early sets that we do see are usually the same when they are released.

The color scheme is correst with the patches of yellow. Take a look:

Republicattackshuttle.jpg

It seems pretty accurate to me.

Sometimes the only thing that changes in the preliminary pictures are the figs.

Actually, you're right. But if you dare to take one glance at that rocket thing... :sick:

1. No one said ALL of those pics were posted. :wacko:

2. Did you miss the above conversation between Guhin and KimT? I suggest you read it.

Whoops, misread it. Looked like it said that there were pics of the Tri-Droid.

I love the assassin droid battlepack! :wub: Finally, straight metallic silver arms for IG-88 to hold the new blasters properly. And since it has 3 more of the shiny droids, we now have IG-88s A-D like in Tales of the Bounty Hunters! And I'll be getting that Clone battle pack, if only for the new blaster pistols in a cheap set.

Actually, you're right. But if you dare to take one glance at that rocket thing... :sick:

Hey, what's a Lego set without the vastly popular flick fire missiles :tongue: !

Not to mention the fabulous Rainbow missile located beneath the ship.

Edited by Light Light

Look what I found! Credit to a member on BZPower named -Bitil- for finding these.

"nenenenenenene"

No prelim deeplinks please

Look a few pages back, please. A few people have already posted the pictures.

Really? Sorry. I figured nobody posted them yet since I couldn't find them on the news.

Edited by Arc-77Fordo

Look what I found!

Thanks for the the pics!

Clone Battlepack looks awesome. I'll take ten, please. :thumbup:

Droids Battlepack looks weird. I'll take only one, please. :sceptic:

Hyena Droid Bomber looks weird - like a Droid Fighter, but it's EXTREME!!! Pass. :thumbdown:

Trade Federation AAT looks awesome. Yoda! :thumbup: Super Battle Droids! :thumbup: Clone Trooper! :thumbup: Where's Whorm Loathsome?

DV's TIE Fighter looks awesome. I'll take one, please. What kind of special features do you think will be inside the box to celebrate the tenth anniversary? Sure the box proclaims it, but will my displayed model also proclaim "Look at me, I'm the special tenth anniversary set!"

EDIT: I missed the pics on the earlier pages, too. So, Republic Attack Shuttle looks awesome, but the red/yellow color combination looks unusual on a Star Wars set. Liking the non-LULS Mace Windu, though ... and another Clone Pilot! I'll take one, please.

Edited by bamaker

Trade Federation AAT looks awesome. Yoda! :thumbup: Super Battle Droids! :thumbup: Clone Trooper! :thumbup: Where's Whorm Loathsome?

Well, early speculation about the AAT stated that the set included a "green headed" fig. There were assumptions that it was either a jedi, of Loathsom. It turned out to be Yoda, I guess.

I was hoping for a Loathsom fig as well, giving us more military leaders in the CIS.

Nice sets, can't help it but i can't go

with the general oppinion on the

Republic Attac Shuttle, i really

do like it and it comes high on my

wishlist.

Oooh Assassin Droids <3 I like. If only there was Durge haha.

Nice TIE as well.. I have enough as it is though. Hmm, I hope there are more OT sets to come.

-- Andrex

Wow, thanks for the pictures!

The Clone Walker is pretty cool, gives lots of cool Clones!

The Assassin droid set is okay...I might get one, though.

The Hyena Droid fighter came out of nowhere :wacko: it looks a bit odd, but alright. Those droids certainly are cool!

I was expecting the AAT to be tan, so I was a bit dissapointed; and why is Yoda there!? It looks cool.

Now Vader's TIE is just awesome. It's light grey and bley as it should be. If xwingyoda was here, I'd know he'd be really happy about it :grin: !

Now, the last set is cool. It comes with Mace Windu and two other clones, with a pretty sweet looking ship!

I'm excited... I hope I find money for these....

he hey i have found pics of the new 2009 sets

clone battle pack 1 clone pilot 2 clones clone commander and a At Rt sort of walker.

ASSASIN droid battle pack [ ig-88 style] 5 assasin droids 3 silver 2 black and an awsome plane sort of thing.

a droid bomber with 3 red and grey droids with jetpacks.

ATT with 2 super battle droids 1 droid 1 clone and yoda NO NEW MOLD OF FACE

Republic attack shuttle with 1 clone 1 pilot [clone] and mace windu but without a cartoon face

:thumbdown:

and finally darth vaders tie fighter [ ultimate collectors edition]

go to brickshelf [ yes i know] and tipe in 2009 star wars and you should see it

i think a pretty good line up but there is not a new droid battle pack for now wich sucks soooo much....

ps you will also find alot more bionicle sets and stuff aswell.....

Edited by Omega