KimT

2008 Picture thread

The only set (system obiously) with no minifig is the Droid Fighter (7111 I think :classic: ) and its small and way blocky but enough cool to buy it (I own it) :tongue: .

EDIT: I am just thinking and this question comes to my head: Why the TLC skip the set number 7667? They do the Republic gunship (7676) and then jump to the Droid gunship (7678) :wacko:.

7667 is the set number of the Imperial Dropship :wink: But I guess you mean 7677 and there appears to be no set with that set number. I believe we had the discussion once for some other set number which turned out to have been used on some old LEGO set. But this seems not to be the problem here :wacko:

I'm basically gonna buy anything with clones in it.

It's a shame they've only made a maximum of two clones this year I was hoping for more Oh well.

I'm still deciding between the RGS and AT-TE as I want to know how many clones they can hold can someone please post pics of the interiors of both.

The Homing Spider Droid is probably at the top of my list because if it's limited edition I don't know if it'll be around for long.

Can someone list which sets are exclusive and which are limited edition. This will help the order I buy them in.

So basically I'll just buy as many clone sets as I can.

I'm not really an OT fan so The Death Star I'm not fussed about. It looks great but the price puts me off it.

Twilight looks like a recreation of a B-wing and the figs will be in the AT-TE which i prefer to the Twilight.

Does anyone else agree with me?

Copy and paste seems to be your friend :tongue::wink:

Benny

Hi,

the 7111 Droid Fighter from E I was a set without any minifig, released in 1999...

BTW, I really LOVE!! all these new sets...

greetings Hendrik

actually, i think master cheif was talking about the game "The Clone Wars" released (as far as i know) for the GCN. I havent played it, but i saw it a good few times at gamestop, and it looks exactly like BF2.

Never played or got that one; it wasn't on PC, I don't think, but it looked fun. :wink:

Who cares if there are no minifigs? It's the set that's important.

AMEN! :sing:

Saying that, there was a battle droid in the Wookiee Attack set to act as a pilot in the NR-N99 Tank Droid which is a droid but I don't think a pilot will be included.

btw, this is the clone wars game mentioned earlier.

Clone Wars Game

Erm, I hate to say it, but you're absolutely wrong. :blush: If you would read the post before he mentions it being released in 2004 and Star Wars: Battlefront came out in September of 2004 and this one came out in 2003, so... :wink:

PS: Sorry about that KimT. It's just that the set looks like a new one for 2009

Those are the 08 agent sets, most of which can already be found, well at least in the us. my toy r us has all of them

:tongue:

Duuhhh, of course. I have all six. It just that the 2nd one on the right doesnt look familiar. It has a black car or whatever it's supposed to be.

I see the one on the left is the gold mission, but whats the one on the right, I can't recognise it.

Same here. I have no clue what it is.

Okay, back on topic,

The Rotte fig looks great as well as Commander Cody. I love the Plo fig. It's just wonderful! :wub: I dont know what to say about Obi :hmpf: Looks weird. Same thing for Asajj. Don't really like the fig. Rex looks wonderful also. Ahsoka looks perfect :wub: Good to see the real thing instead of customs. :thumbup:

The sets are great themselves. But I don't really like the Twilight. :sick:

Edited by Scyzoryk

Erm, I hate to say it, but you're absolutely wrong. If you would read the post before he mentions it being released in 2004 and Star Wars: Battlefront came out in September of 2004 and this one came out in 2003, so...

Actually 'you're absolutely wrong'. I was talking about this comment.

actually, i think master cheif was talking about the game "The Clone Wars" released (as far as i know) for the GCN. I havent played it, but i saw it a good few times at gamestop, and it looks exactly like BF2.

btw, this is the clone wars game mentioned earlier.

Clone Wars Game

thank you for that, its the game i told TDF about, and not the BF games. :wink:

EDIT: I am just thinking and this question comes to my head: Why the TLC skip the set number 7667? They do the Republic gunship (7676) and then jump to the Droid gunship (7678) :wacko:.
yeah i noticed that too. maybe it'll be clone battle pack :classic: or an impulse set :classic::classic:

maybe it'll be clone battle pack or an impulse set

Fingers crossed

i don't get it, what is so bad about the twilight?!?!?!?! I personaly think it looks fantastic! oh and whats the HUGE fuss about that spider droid, yer it looks great, but c'mon its not THAT great! I LOVE TWILIGHT!!! :thumbup:

The droid gunship should have supers and normal BDs.....and a pilot.

You're absolutely close -

2 Battle Droids

1 Droid Pilot.

:grin:

i don't get it, what is so bad about the twilight?!?!?!?! I personaly think it looks fantastic! oh and whats the HUGE fuss about that spider droid, yer it looks great, but c'mon its not THAT great! I LOVE TWILIGHT!!! :thumbup:

Seriously dude, it's comments like that that get you banned. :grin:

:tongue:

Kidding. :wink:

2 Battle Droids

1 Droid Pilot.

Are you sure? :wink:

2 Battle Droids

1 Droid Pilot.

Where does that information come from?

And if there are THREE figs why is not even one of them mentioned or shown on the pic??

Benny

if it does have minifigs at all i might buy it, other than that i think i will only buy it if i have some extra cash or build some Kashyyyk thing :wink:

Here is the price list for the 3 new sets in Singapore Dollar:

7678 Droid Gunship SGD59.90 after sales, original SGD79.90

7679 Republic Fighter Tank SGD99.90 after sales, original SGD145.90 estimated to be USD49.99

7681 Separatist Spider Droid SGD45.90 after sales, original SGD70.90

Here is the price list for the 3 new sets in Singapore Dollar:

7678 Droid Gunship SGD59.90 after sales, original SGD79.90

7679 Republic Fighter Tank SGD99.90 after sales, original SGD145.90 estimated to be USD49.99

7681 Separatist Spider Droid SGD45.90 after sales, original SGD70.90

Alright, so can someone convert the other 2 to estimated USD prices?

Also, WTF?! 49.99 for the TX-130? Is it just me, or does that seem a little high? I might be able to live with $39.99, but 50 bucks for it seems a little overpriced. Especially since it doesn't come with any amazing minifigs or anything else to warrant the price. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but I just don't see $49.99 when I look at it. :sceptic:

That does seem a little high, but all of the latest SW sets are a little overpriced. Specifically the Republic Gunship. I'll still get it.

Once again I really don't understand why a minifig that's worth about 50 cents is the deciding factor of a $30 purchase. Sure, it'd be nice to have a few minifigs, but not $30 nice. I'm getting them regardless of the minifig count- it's the set that's important.

I sure hope the HSD is a neat $20 purchase. If that's the case I'll definitely pick it up- any higher than that though and I'll leave it be. I like the way it looks but it seems a little small compared to how huge it was in the movie. The DGS and Republic Tank however are must-haves, no matter their price.

Also, WTF?! 49.99 for the TX-130? Is it just me, or does that seem a little high? I might be able to live with $39.99, but 50 bucks for it seems a little overpriced. Especially since it doesn't come with any amazing minifigs or anything else to warrant the price. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but I just don't see $49.99 when I look at it. :sceptic:

Megablocks! :hmpf_bad: I already had a bad feeling about this when I first saw the tank! :sceptic: It looks like a set that's comparable to Lego Batman's "The Tumbler" set which is 50 bucks as well. :hmpf: Until this set goes on sale, I guess I'm back to MOCing myself this thing. :cry_sad:

What's wrong with the tank?

Nothing. :tongue: It's a wonderful set (except for having too few clones in it :hmpf_bad: ), but it's just too expensive for something you can probably build with your own bricks. :sceptic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Woh that Tank is expensive 50 us would be expensive in NZ dollars. This kind of puts me off buying it once I found out NZ prices for these sets I can decidde from there,

I really want to buy all of them but so far prices aren't looking too good.

Great picture! But i'am very angry, because of the Droid Gunship! No Minifigures...oh dear??? And on brickshelf is a pciture of a little Clone Turbo Tank! It's a brickmaster exklusive!

bmex.jpg

:classic: Asajj Ventress

Great picture! But i'am very angry, because of the Droid Gunship! No Minifigures...oh dear??? And on brickshelf is a pciture of a little Clone Turbo Tank! It's a brickmaster exklusive!

bmex.jpg

Someone already made a new topic for this called 'Star Wars Brickmaster Exclusive', and it was the same person who made that picture(mammymarf) who posted in that topic. :wink: But it's well enough that you posted it here. :sweet:

bmex.jpg

Neat little set. :wub:

By the way guys, the REpublic Fighter Tank price in USD is what i estimated, it might be cheaper or even more expensive. As Rogue Shadow cost SGD139.90 & Republic Fighter Tank cost SGD145.90 before sales price. So i guess it should be USD49.99.

Edited by baby