KimT

2008 Picture thread

what stores do you get those catalogues?

Tx-130 atnk is an obvious must have. Are these still sorta preliminary?

Yeah they are but they're very unlikely to change.

Hey guys, don't you think that the republic fighter tank looks sorta like the clone tank from the game Star wars clone wars which came out in 2004?

uh, it is. they are the same tank.

Welcome to Eurobricks. :wink:

Hey guys, don't you think that the republic fighter tank looks sorta like the clone tank from the game Star wars clone wars which came out in 2004?

Thanks so much, mate! I SERIOUSLY LOL'd when I saw this! :tongue:

But seriously, it is the same, the TX-130 Saber-class Tank. :sweet:

Thanks so much, mate! I SERIOUSLY LOL'd when I saw this! :tongue:

But seriously, it is the same, the TX-130 Saber-class Tank. :sweet:

It's also the same tank that's in the star wars battlefront games :thumbup:

Do we have price tag guesses on these?

The HSD looks about $20 to me, and the gunship about $30. I'm not sure about the other two...

I'm pretty sure the gunship will be about 20 USD since its very similar in size and piece count to the MM set "ETX Alien Strike" (which costs that much) and doesn't even include any figs. :sadnew:

And yes, the HSD will probably cost that much as well. :wink:

I just looked at the gunship & fighter tank searching for their action features and this is what I could find:

Republic Fighter Tank:

• Rolls on wheels!
  • Hidden compartments (perhaps for blasters) in both front hover pads!
  • Hidden missiles in both rear hover pads!
  • Front of Cockpit opens up forward!
  • Side cannons rotate vertically over 90 degrees!
  • Top turret rests on a turntable and can be aimed 90 degrees upward!

Droid Gunship:

• Lots of Flick-Fire Missles! :hmpf:
  • Ball Turrets.
  • A gear in the center of the model with yet unknown function.

Can you see anything else? And any suggestions what that gear on the gunship does? :look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Since it's the same tank, yeah. :laugh:

Omg you brightened up my day :sweet: . As soon as i saw what master chief wrote I knew the next post would be some smart @$$ one. :devil:

I thought ive been hearing that there would be two regular phase 1 troopers in either the at-te or gunship. I dont remeber. Along with the commander. Is this true or just a rumor.

Edited by CloneMe

Droid Gunship:

Lots of Flick-Fire Missles!

Ball Turrets.

A gear in the center of the model with yet unknown function.

I love the gUnship so much I can't stop coming back to look at the pics :tongue: . I still think there will be a droid in that cockpit, it wouldn't make sense to have a hinge where the cockpit is unless it opens for a cockpit! when was the last Star Wars LEGO set without a minifig?

Same here. The only thing is that I hope they will at least include one figure. It would make me cry of joy if they did :cry_happy: .

It's also the same tank that's in the star wars battlefront games :thumbup:

No offense, dude, but that's a really low-downer. :sceptic:

How stupid do you want us to picture you? :tongue:

THOSE ARE THE GAMES HE WAS TALKING ABOUT! :laugh:

JK about the stupidity, but please read and think before you post. :sweet:

I love the gUnship so much I can't stop coming back to look at the pics :tongue: . I still think there will be a droid in that cockpit, it wouldn't make sense to have a hinge where the cockpit is unless it opens for a cockpit! when was the last Star Wars LEGO set without a minifig?

I can't remember any SW set without minifigs, not counting UCS sets :thumbup: But still - it's a drone as I see it, so there'd be no NEED for a fig....would still be nice if there'd be a pilot in it :grin:

And that Battlefront-tank story really made me LOL too :tongue:

Benny

The droid gunship should have supers and normal BDs.....and a pilot.

I like how the TX fig has a visor .... I wish we had pics of both.

sorry, AoNZ bet me to it, but some spelling is wrong, so feel free to use mine...

Okay,

7675 AT-TE : Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka, Rotta, Rex, Clone trooper, Battle droid

7676 Gunship : Obi-wan-kenobi, Polo Koon, Asajj Ventress, Commander Cody, Clone Trooper

Thats right, sorry people, ONE CLONE IN EACH!!! sorry guys but get used to it, its no-ones fault here, just get over it, we'll probably get a clone phase 1 BP in 2009 anyway...

Actually the Jedi in 7676 is named Plo Koon, not Polo Koon

No offense, dude, but that's a really low-downer. :sceptic:

How stupid do you want us to picture you? :tongue:

THOSE ARE THE GAMES HE WAS TALKING ABOUT! :laugh:

JK about the stupidity, but please read and think before you post. :sweet:

actually, i think master cheif was talking about the game "The Clone Wars" released (as far as i know) for the GCN. I havent played it, but i saw it a good few times at gamestop, and it looks exactly like BF2.

The only set (system obiously) with no minifig is the Droid Fighter (7111 I think :classic: ) and its small and way blocky but enough cool to buy it (I own it) :tongue: .

EDIT: I am just thinking and this question comes to my head: Why the TLC skip the set number 7667? They do the Republic gunship (7676) and then jump to the Droid gunship (7678) :wacko:.

Edited by darkrebellion

I'm pretty sure the gunship will be about 20 USD since its very similar in size and piece count to the MM set "ETX Alien Strike" (which costs that much) and doesn't even include any figs. :sadnew:

And yes, the HSD will probably cost that much as well. :wink:

I just looked at the gunship & fighter tank searching for their action features and this is what I could find:

Republic Fighter Tank:

• Rolls on wheels!
  • Hidden compartments (perhaps for blasters) in both front hover pads!
  • Hidden missiles in both rear hover pads!
  • Front of Cockpit opens up forward!
  • Side cannons rotate vertically over 90 degrees!
  • Top turret rests on a turntable and can be aimed 90 degrees upward!

Droid Gunship:

• Lots of Flick-Fire Missles! :hmpf:
  • Ball Turrets.
  • A gear in the center of the model with yet unknown function.

Can you see anything else? And any suggestions what that gear on the gunship does? :look:

Uh, I'm pretty sure you turn the gear to drop the bombs which you thought were flick fire missiles... LEGO's done that before.

Could be wrong though.

I still think there will be a droid in that cockpit, it wouldn't make sense to have a hinge where the cockpit is unless it opens for a cockpit!

I finally found the hinge you're talking about. :sceptic:

My first thought was it was just a piece to give the "head" of the DGS a slight tilt, as it is supposed to be angled down some.

But now that I look at it closer, it does seem like an independant, hatch-opening hinge. That being said, I still don't think it will include a pilot droid. As it's been said before, the DGS is a droid, and thus would not need a pilot.

As such, I think the possibility of a droid brain of some sort is pretty likely, and the hatch is there just for its' removal.

LOL if you look at Jedi news at the set 7676 RGS they have pics of the back of the box and that one clone trooper in the set is used everywhere. You can see him in the cockpit in the bacta tank at that little control station. It makes you think your getting more clones but you aren't which is a shame. They really should have included more. Oh well :sad:

I still think there will be a droid in that cockpit, it wouldn't make sense to have a hinge where the cockpit is unless it opens for a cockpit!

Who cares if there are no minifigs? It's the set that's important.

Edited by Algernon

The DGS looks good and I don't really care about no minifigs in that set as I'm not really a fan of droid minifigs.

QUOTE (Skipper 24 @ Jun 25 2008, 09:23 PM)

Saying that, there was a battle droid in the Wookiee Attack set to act as a pilot in the NR-N99 Tank Droid which is a droid but I don't think a pilot will be included.

btw, this is the clone wars game mentioned earlier.

Clone Wars Game

Edited by ADHO15

It's unlikely there will be a droid pilot but all you can do is keep hoping these are still preliminary aren't they?

I'm basically gonna buy anything with clones in it.

It's a shame they've only made a maximum of two clones this year I was hoping for more Oh well.

I'm still deciding between the RGS and AT-TE as I want to know how many clones they can hold can someone please post pics of the interiors of both.

The Homing Spider Droid is probably at the top of my list because if it's limited edition I don't know if it'll be around for long.

Can someone list which sets are exclusive and which are limited edition. This will help the order I buy them in.

So basically I'll just buy as many clone sets as I can.

I'm not really an OT fan so The Death Star I'm not fussed about. It looks great but the price puts me off it.

Twilight looks like a recreation of a B-wing and the figs will be in the AT-TE which i prefer to the Twilight.

Does anyone else agree with me?

I can see why TLC gave the magna guards those type of arms so it's more posable and they don't have to only be able to move their hands up and down stuck in one position. I'm not completely sure but in the game I think the magna guards had the droid arms so if they made it like the game it would be less posable with the magna guards only being able to move their staffs up and down in front of them.

Edited by AoNZ