Battle of Hoth
BY RUI MIGUEL

LD0Idqi.jpg

Hi everyone this is Rui Miguel and this is my entry for the Star Wars Concept Art Contest being hosted here. I recreated the scene from Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back when Luke Skywalker is piloting a Snowspeeder facing the AT-ATs during the Battle of Hoth.

ART REFERENCE
Once I saw the contest description all I kept thinking of was my copy of the book "Star Wars Storyboards: The Original Trilogy" I knew the concept art that I would recreate into LEGO would be inside of that Star Wars bible... And that's exactly what I did, from the pages of Empire Strikes Back I found the illustration below by Joe Johnston (if I'm not mistaken).

0IxBaajl.jpg

ABOUT
From one of my favourite scenes, my Batte of Hoth takes inspiration from the "Brick Sketches" developed by Chris McVeigh. I always wanted to make one and this was the perfect opportunity to make it a reality. This frame is composed by 46 x 24 studs and it also combines microscale elements. The model can also be displayed on a wall and has 3 removable micro Snowspeeders. Below are some promotional shots.

jZmQFfdl.jpg

8DLIT7kl.jpg

094DXgul.jpg

Hope you like it and thank you for viewing :) 

For High-Resolution photos you can check my Flickr gallery here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/167106309@N03/

Contest link - https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/185377-may-the-4th-2021-star-wars-concept-art-contest/

Edited by Rui Miguel

Oh, this is so much better than Lego official Brick sketches. Well done!

10 hours ago, Wout said:

Oh, this is so much better than Lego official Brick sketches. Well done!

Thank you so much for your appreciation means a lot to me :) Also, late in this summer fall, I will release for free on my Flickr gallery a download link of the building instructions for this model and a LEGO parts list for easy purchase search. Thank you again for your support.

I'm not a SW fan, but this picture frame looks great. The perspective and the details - the tiny speeders sticking out are perfect. 

On 6/2/2021 at 4:28 PM, Redhead1982 said:

I'm not a SW fan, but this picture frame looks great. The perspective and the details - the tiny speeders sticking out are perfect. 

Thanks, @Redhead1982 ;) I hope by the summer to have the parts to assemble it physically, I only have the micro snowspeeder with me. I'm glad you like this set.