Ross Fisher

[P9 - Uyter - CE] Bright Eyes

*Your entry has earned 16 XP*

By the time I got back, CorSec's inspectors seemed to be largely satisfied, and I was able to get the deal logged. Took the participants up to an old retreat centre that once belonged to Uyter's Department for Agriculture. Seemed a fitting spot to seal the agreement. 

Shaking hands on a good deal

And with that, Uyter had a guaranteed purchaser for future harvests, CorSec had a vested interest in keeping the situation stable in our corner of the galaxy, and Clan Eldar had a decent revenue stream that wasn't dependant on bounty hunting or mercenary contracts. 

Agreements like this don't get a whole lot of attention when it comes to writing the history books, but trust me, this deal was the cornerstone of all of Clan Eldar's efforts in this sector.

Edited by goatman461

A great build. I'm a sucker for a classic brick build.
I like the design of the doors here along with the vegetation around this, the broken paving is a really nice touch

20 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

the vegetation around this

I was a bit gutted to have to redo the vegetation when this build needed to move from Trandosha to Uyter, but I think it did reasonably well. 

That entrance is so interesting and ominous! Takes me back to Zeffo in Jedi: Fallen Order...

There are a few details that bug me. Like if you cannot get the ground level and the plates on the sides to level - don't bother with plates on the sides... Then I'd just put a frame around the build... Part of what makes the plate-on-the-side technique look so good, is when it levels out perfectly... Imo at least...

A little bit of the same with the pathway (which you've done really well), but the end facing the camera, where I can see the gap in the bottom of the bricks, is a little messy...

I hope you don't take the criticism to harshly - it's just with a good build like this, the small things stand out...

AND! Even though the building is simple, it is really brutally beautiful...

2 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

if you cannot get the ground level and the plates on the sides to level - don't bother with plates on the sides... Then I'd just put a frame around the build... Part of what makes the plate-on-the-side technique look so good, is when it levels out perfectly... Imo at least...

Fair criticism, and yet a lot of your own faction members are guilty of the same criteria. I assume you're picking me up on it because I'm a judge and they aren't? 

Really fantastic work, I love how simple and striking the design is, those doors especially look fantastic. Very Spirited Away. I see what Bjorn is saying with the sides, and the rockwork on the back right uses a lot of the same parts near each other, which looks a little repetitive, but its hardly the focal point of the build. In Bjorn's defense, we all want to help each other grow as builders, right? It's not a matter of teams or judging more harshly, at least I hope. Great work all around.

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Fair criticism, and yet a lot of your own faction members are guilty of the same criteria. I assume you're picking me up on it because I'm a judge and they aren't? 

The criticism is more meant as constructive feedback, because I feel you only need a few minor tweaks to really break into those major league mocs. I say that as a builder who struggles with some of the same things. Also much of my feedback to TT faction members happens in our discord. Sorry if you feel singled out - definitely not my intention... :pir-huzzah1:

Great build! The red-green color scheme works really well here. I specially like the details of the plants on the wall and the stone floor, which ends up being quite realistic.