Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[WTC] Attention citizens!

ATTENTION CITIZENS!

We from the WTC take pride in our honest and hounorable trade practices, and wish only to bring peace and prosperity to all ports of the Brick Seas. There have been lots of rumours lately, concerning activitis of the WTC in Fatu Hiva, intermingled with misinformation and downright lies. Most of those "news" came from the recent Kings Port Advertiser, obviously far fallen from its glory days in a long lost past. We can but speculate what has led to the downfall of this once proud bringer of information to a spreader of fabrication and falsehood - but alas, maybe their days in troubled Kings Port are difficult enough already. Surviving among the brutal oppression of the vile Oleon occupation must be a challenge indeed. Who knows, maybe the original writers are already among the victims of Oleons brutal terror regime? We hear from dozens dead every day, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...

Anyway!

We from the WTC can assure you that nothing irregular has happened in or around the settlement of Fatu Hiva these days. While we can neither confirm nor deny the presence of a sizable WTC fleet in its harbour - out of respect for the safety and privacy of our reputable trade captains of course - even if such a thing was true it would mean no harm to anybody. As everybody knows, the WTC is a royal trade company, and dead minifigs make for bad customers. So you see, the WTC could not possibly be involved in anything even remotely resembling an act of war, and any reports of the contrary are thus patently untrue. Or at least taken out of context. Not that we would ever do anthing like it.

As a statement of fact:

swzIYna.jpg

Reminds me of the British claiming the title the Honourable East India Company (all the while brutally exploiting natives and pushing narcotics in to illegal markets :pir-murder:).

But I'm sure the WTC is telling the truth, what reason do I have to mistrust their claims??

4 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

Reminds me of the British claiming the title the Honourable East India Company (all the while brutally exploiting natives and pushing narcotics in to illegal markets :pir-murder:).

Now this sounds promising - tell me more! *takes notes*

14 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Now this sounds promising - tell me more! *takes notes*

Hey! Don't steal my ideas of starting my own Trading Company!! *Begins planting poppy fields in Spudkirk*

17 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Hey! Don't steal my ideas of starting my own Trading Company!! *Begins planting poppy fields in Spudkirk*

The FTA would love for you to plant poppies in Spudkirk as we could expand our existing Opium trade!

*ahem*

The WTC would additionally like to introduce a new class of WTC Employee: Cultural Liaison!:

50929233308_3786d356e8_z.jpg

We here at the Wayfarer Trading Company know that cultural customs can be difficult to understand. That’s why Judy, our first Cultural Liaison will be willing to help you understand the customs of the Corrish fleet and Red Coats currently taking holiday in your fine city. 

We also would like to notify you of some suggestions by the WTC:

1. We should all be happy! Thus publication of unhappy materials like the KPA is to be restricted until the unhappy times are over. Anyone caught distributing these materials may face a small fine, or some time doing ‘Community Service.’ 
  2. We should focus on Community! We know you might have friends and family in other Oleander settlements, but we’re sure they’re very busy. Thus, all communication in and out of the city will be done through the Postmaster General at the WTC. Wow! So convenient!
  3. We should all be safe. Talk of ‘divisive topics’ such as ‘War’ or ‘Battles’ might lead the community into chaos. We don’t want chaos! The WTC is committed to keeping you settlement Chaos and Conflict free. Agitators may face extended time doing ‘Community Service.’

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Judy can answer it all. Just thank your friends at the WTC. Keeping you Safe, Happy, and Secure.

And Remember, there is no war in Fatu Hiva!

19 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

A main reason I play the WTC as I do is of how ridiculously controlling the trade companies from the colonial era were. 

19 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

This is one of the main ideas I started the WTC on too! :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

The FTA would love for you to plant poppies in Spudkirk as we could expand our existing Opium trade!

And we're brokering deals now! I think this whole situation will only bring prosperity...

Also, @Darnok got this out before I told him I wanted to do a minifig version of Joo Dee!

58 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

This is one of the main ideas I started the WTC on too!

This being said, I am half tempted to start another TC, to trade goods which have not yet been monopolised as yet :pir-skel: