Sign in to follow this  
Gainn

Where do I know this configuration from? (Castle)

I have seen this configuration of bricks once. But where was it from? An official set, a pic from an ideas book? I just can't remember. 

The configuration itself is fantastic. Shows how well thought all these bricks are. You mix 3 type of bricks which do not have any relation with each other into something totally new. 

IMG_E1053 kopie.jpg

Edited by Gainn

Could be this set:

https://brickipedia.fandom.com/wiki/6081_King's_Mountain_Fortress
I recognised it from having the above set when I was younger. While I don't see those bars, and the rest is on the front, I think that could be located round the left side of the castle, I could be wrong...
*edit

after lookinga t the instructions, its not that set, it just has similar arches in it but no black bars...Not sure which it is yet, but will try find out!

Edited by Fuppylodders

Is it possible you've combined in your head two techniques that happen to work together? Perhaps you've seen the arches/baseplate configuration used in 6081 (as @Fuppylodders noticed) and also seen the bars underneath the arch separately - but over the years both have stood out to you, and resulted in a combination.

24 minutes ago, 1974 said:

While they use those slops against the hill and while they use those antennas as bars for the windows, they do not do it at the same time as far as I can see in https://worldbricks.com/en/lego-instructions-year/instructions-lego-1990/1995.raw?task=download&fid=3134

But the baseplate matches too so I guess it is the set the OP is talking about

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

Is it possible you've combined in your head two techniques that happen to work together?

Those two tecniques are in 6090

2 hours ago, 1974 said:

Those two tecniques are in 6090

Yes but not together. 

15 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

.. combined in your head two techniques that happen to work together?

Yes, together. In OP's head

I just checked through some idea book scans and pics of alternate builds from the boxes/instructions of Castle and Pirates sets that include these parts or similar ones (e.g. 6079, 6081, 6086, 6090, 6098, 6276, 6277, and 8781), but no luck yet. That said, I definitely think it's plausible you might've seen this somewhere — just not any of the places I can currently think of to check.