Cjd223

"The Director" | Delta T-3c Shuttle (UCS Krennic's Shuttle) MOC by Cavegod

Here's a render of my stand design.  I suspect the 'cladding' that Cjd added would add extra stability, particularly again twisting and leaning.

@Cjd223 did you try the stand without the cladding?  I notice that you and Cavegod use Technic 1x16 Bricks as the main pylons (and Cavegod added tiles to join them together), whereas I have chosen Technic 1x15 Liftarms.  Perhaps I should change to the Bricks. :pir-sceptic:

0mm54mDh.jpg

Edited by shiny_car

that looks great.  would you mind sharing the parts list for it?  I love the actual design for the official stand but the cost is a bit prohibitive for me which is the main reason I didnt go for it off the bat.  If there is a cheaper way to safely display it in flight mode then I would definitely want to try that. 

That's a really awesome stand style for an option that doesn't require as many pieces but still allows for Flight Mode! Assuming physics plays nice, I can't imagine a major stability issue with it, but it may swoosh a little bit while setting up.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:02 AM, shiny_car said:

Here's a render of my stand design.  I suspect the 'cladding' that Cjd added would add extra stability, particularly again twisting and leaning.

@Cjd223 did you try the stand without the cladding?  I notice that you and Cavegod use Technic 1x16 Bricks as the main pylons (and Cavegod added tiles to join them together), whereas I have chosen Technic 1x15 Liftarms.  Perhaps I should change to the Bricks. :pir-sceptic:

I have built Shinycar's design and I am pleased to say that it worked.  Its definitely stable but I added some plates to the bottom to stop it from bowing upwards at the sides of the base.  It seems to the about the correct hight to keep the lines of the wings nice and straight with the sides of the hull.  All in it cost me under £50 to build which is a huge saving on what it would have been to build the official base and tower.  

With the wings out this thing is especially imposing.  I have built the stand as more of a curiosity really to just see the Director it in all its glory, unfortunately I don't have the space to keep it in flight mode like this all the time, so its safely landed now, back with the rest of the fleet.

Photo%2009-06-2021,%2016%2027%2029.jpg

Photo%2009-06-2021,%2016%2027%2046.jpg

Photo%2009-06-2021,%2016%2027%2059.jpg

Looks awesome in flight mode!  Glad the stand works, but most credit still goes to Cavegod and Cjd because the structural design (eg: length of Technic pieces, angle, positions) of the vertical tower is primarily theirs.

:pir-classic:

Is there any chance to get the parts list for this stand still?  I like the design of this one a lot.

3 hours ago, KelevraAM said:

Is there any chance to get the parts list for this stand still?  I like the design of this one a lot.

Message me your email and I can send the stud.io file.  This presumes you are familiar with stud.io and can generate the parts list from it into BrickLink, and 'deconstruct' if necessary to work out how to build it. :pir-huzzah1:

Hello I don’t know if anyone else has had this issue but I’m having trouble aligning the panels on the bottom of the shuttle. The instructions say they should snap into place but when it snaps the plates with pins separate. I don’t understand this step so any help would be appreciated! 

05F2EA90-48E6-4D76-88D2-F5D5834DA27E.jpeg

20C86829-F45B-4AEB-8E1A-652C5E9C197A.jpeg

The bottom is the hardest part of the build and where I had to contact Christian to get it right myself. 

the images you posted are not great so I can’t tell the current situation fully but the row of plates that are at an angle Need to tuck underneath the Rail edge of the plates that are in the Middle. You might need to force it more than you would with an official set and mine got quite squeaky but once it’s in everything locks in. I’m out at the moment but might be able to get you a pic or two later if you still struggle

1 hour ago, LDigital said:

The bottom is the hardest part of the build and where I had to contact Christian to get it right myself. 

the images you posted are not great so I can’t tell the current situation fully but the row of plates that are at an angle Need to tuck underneath the Rail edge of the plates that are in the Middle. You might need to force it more than you would with an official set and mine got quite squeaky but once it’s in everything locks in. I’m out at the moment but might be able to get you a pic or two later if you still struggle

Gotcha! Thanks so much for the reply and I’m going to try that out when I get home and get back to you. 

Good luck. Due to the tucking under you should find the studs of the angled plates run right up and along the rail edge of the centre section. Everything is right as a nut when it’s all sorted 

23 hours ago, LDigital said:

Good luck. Due to the tucking under you should find the studs of the angled plates run right up and along the rail edge of the centre section. Everything is right as a nut when it’s all sorted 

I removed the 2x16 plate and it went right into place. The tiles are a bit wonky but overall it’s secure. I think I’ll see how this plays out and modify it more if I need to 

On 7/24/2021 at 12:25 AM, HopsonMatt said:

Hello I don’t know if anyone else has had this issue but I’m having trouble aligning the panels on the bottom of the shuttle. The instructions say they should snap into place but when it snaps the plates with pins separate. I don’t understand this step so any help would be appreciated! 

On 7/24/2021 at 9:31 AM, LDigital said:

This advice exactly. They are INCREDIBLY tight for the squeeze, the design really has no gaps after they're snapped in, just takes some patience (Trust me I had issues on my first attempt too!).

Does anyone have any advice on attaching the side panels? I can get the pins in but I can’t attach it to the modified plates on the side. 

2 hours ago, HopsonMatt said:

Does anyone have any advice on attaching the side panels? I can get the pins in but I can’t attach it to the modified plates on the side. 

They actually don't snap into the modified plates! They just sit in place. Those plates just add extra support to the frame. Originally they did attach, but it was incredibly tough to do (especially on the final side) so I modded the mechanism to just have them slide in

Edited by Cjd223

Just ordered all the parts for this, along with a display stand similar to shiny_car's version. Been wanting a UCS version of this ship for years, so can't wait to build it.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:50 AM, HopsonMatt said:

I removed the 2x16 plate and it went right into place. The tiles are a bit wonky but overall it’s secure. I think I’ll see how this plays out and modify it more if I need to 

I really struggled with those bottom panels as well so removed the 2x16 plates like you did.

My display stand works well, feels more sturdy than the official 10212 stand design despite being almost twice the height.

4pZX0kd.jpeg

I really love the grass base, gives across the vibes of Lah'mu so well! Considering this as my next UCS build!

On 5/27/2021 at 7:02 PM, shiny_car said:

0mm54mDh.jpg

Any chance I can get the files?

18 hours ago, Naixin said:

Any chance I can get the files?

Message me your email, and I can send them.