Sign in to follow this  
AmperZand

[MOD] Collectible Minifigures Series 21 - fantasy mods

My fantasy mods of the Series 21 CMFs.

The mermaid's trident isn't purist. If impurity bothers you, imagine the minifigure with a LEGO spear instead.

I had to recolour the centauride's ears; unfortunately, that hair piece doesn't come with yellow ears. I also gave her a LEGO longbow, not the short bow included with her.

The Mayan warrior - officially, the Ancient Warrior - is as sold. I included him and the dolphin for completion. They aren't modded.

cmf_s21.jpg

Questions? Comments? Ladybothered?

I like your demon beetle.  What is that piece on the bottom of the vegas showgirl?

1 minute ago, AmperZand said:

Thanks! Insectoid ladybird appreciates that :wink:

Troll-Mermaid's tail

Ok thanks.  I do really love the print on the jaguar warrior.  

I agree with @zoth33, the demonic ladybird is great! That cute hermit crab is even cuter with that huge shell. The Centaur and Mermaid Showgirl both look gorgeous with those mods!

On 1/25/2021 at 1:11 AM, zoth33 said:

I do really love the print on the jaguar warrior.  

I agree. I couldn't see a way of improving the minifigure so it has gone into my display collection as sold.

Having said that, I don't always equate detailed or realistic printing with better minifigures. Some, such as Classic Spacemen, are brilliant in their simplicity; a case of less is more. 

On 2/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, Aurore said:

I agree with @zoth33, the demonic ladybird is great! That cute hermit crab is even cuter with that huge shell. The Centaur and Mermaid Showgirl both look gorgeous with those mods!

Thank you very much for your kind words. Appreciated. :blush:

I have been asked by PM and through non-EB channels if the conch shell I used for the hermit crab is third party. It isn't. It's this LEGO piece from the PotC range. I was already using it as decoration in my display collection's thalassic zone. Now, the shell has an occupant!  

Edited by AmperZand

11 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I agree. I couldn't see a way of improving the minifigure so it has gone into my display collection as sold.

Having said that, I don't always equate detailed or realistic printing with better minifigures. Some, such as Classic Spacemen, are brilliant in their simplicity; a case of less is more. 

Thank you very much for your kind words. Appreciated. :blush:

I have been asked by PM and through non-EB channels if the conch shell I used for the hermit crab is third party. It isn't. It's this LEGO piece from the PotC range. I was already using it as decoration in my display collection's thalassic zone. Now, the shell has an occupant!  

I do agree with you that some minifigs are just better looking if they are simple.  For example the gargoyle in the cmf is simple not a lot of printing but looks great.  

Great MODs

I always love to see how you twist the CMF characters into fantasy versions

The centaur looks way better with that hairpiece. And the beetle demon and mermaid look awesome

And I also agree about the Jaguar Warrior. Simply, one of the best CMF ever!

On 2/17/2021 at 2:28 AM, Robert8 said:

Great MODs

I always love to see how you twist the CMF characters into fantasy versions

Thank you, Robert, for your kind words - praise indeed from someone as talented as yourself. With regards to the 'twists', I guess I must be twisted! :sweet:

If anyone is interested, I just added a picture of my latest fantasy minifigures in this thread.