Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but JediJacPenguin has Madam Hooch listed under the $30 August set with the placeholder set name "Quidditch."

If that's right, it's probably put paid to hopes of a Remembrall this year. Not that we need a new Flying Lesson set - Hooch is the only real exciting new minifigure possibility there.

I just went back and watched the first Quidditch Match scene, and Angelina Johnson is very prominent in that scene. Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet do very little (Katie is shown flying around the stands with the Quaffle at one point and getting an assist, which may have been scored by Alicia - she and Angelina are similar enough in appearance that it's hard to tell which one is the blurry shape that scores). On the other hand, Angelina scores one or possibly two goals, including scoring the first immediately from the start of the game without conceding possession for even a second. She also gets called out by name in the commentary (the only other characters called out by name are Flint and Bletchley - not even Harry gets his name mentioned until later on after the jinx) and targeted by Flint.

Sadly I doubt Alicia will ever come if the Quidditch match is the £30 one. There's no way they give us two obscure Gryffindor Quidditch players in a set that size, Angelina is more likely than Alicia, and I don't know where else Alicia would fit in. At least with Katie there's the possibility of her showing up in a cursed locket set.

I don't know how LEGO is run internally, but I guess every theme has it's own head (and team of course) that decides what to do with it that year. They probably also decide how to celebrate an anniversary. No idea if they get a bigger budget or not, but it could be that the Harry Potter team decided to solely focus on anniversary sets this year and give the same amount of attention (and money) to the DH sets next year as they did with the previous 3 wave.

11 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

If that's right, it's probably put paid to hopes of a Remembrall this year. Not that we need a new Flying Lesson set - Hooch is the only real exciting new minifigure possibility there.

I just went back and watched the first Quidditch Match scene, and Angelina Johnson is very prominent in that scene. Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet do very little (Katie is shown flying around the stands with the Quaffle at one point and getting an assist, which may have been scored by Alicia - she and Angelina are similar enough in appearance that it's hard to tell which one is the blurry shape that scores). On the other hand, Angelina scores one or possibly two goals, including scoring the first immediately from the start of the game without conceding possession for even a second. She also gets called out by name in the commentary (the only other characters called out by name are Flint and Bletchley - not even Harry gets his name mentioned until later on after the jinx) and targeted by Flint.

Sadly I doubt Alicia will ever come if the Quidditch match is the £30 one. There's no way they give us two obscure Gryffindor Quidditch players in a set that size, Angelina is more likely than Alicia, and I don't know where else Alicia would fit in. At least with Katie there's the possibility of her showing up in a cursed locket set.

At least thanks to the Gryffindor robes we do have, it would be easy enough to custom make a Gryffindor team.  I've got plans for Angelina, Alicia, Katie, Fred and George!

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

He is know for getting figures earlier then most but instead of posting the picture and risking his account. He teases it. He had done this several several times 

Oh now it makes sense to me, thx.

So many people are not reposting those golden hair pieces. And it fits perfectly for Draco and Snape (I just noticed lol). Hopefully it's from them

Edited by Legofania

16 minutes ago, Legofania said:

So many people are not reposting those golden hair pieces. And it fits perfectly for Draco and Snape (I just noticed lol). Hopefully it's from them

I can’t find them on insta, are those the pieces that appeared about a month or so ago? I believe those were fanmade!

4 minutes ago, Bernar said:

I can’t find them on insta, are those the pieces that appeared about a month or so ago? I believe those were fanmade!

They weren't fanmade. This guy (raymundo) is posting defected pieces, but sometimes he has pieces from future sets

Edited by Legofania

4 minutes ago, Legofania said:

They weren't fanmade. This guy (raymundo) is posting defected pieces, but sometimes he has pieces from future sets

Not sure that’s the case this time. He posted pictures of the Draco hairpiece in pearl gold at the beginning of January, so way too soon for a set that’s supposedly going to be released in August :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Oh ok! I didn’t know the exact wording for that kind of pieces! 
Those pieces were discussed here a few weeks ago, and i believe the conclusion was that they weren’t official, but i might be wrong though! It’s hard to keep track of all the topics :classic:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not sure that’s the case this time. He posted pictures of the Draco hairpiece in pearl gold at the beginning of January, so way too soon for a set that’s supposedly going to be released in August :wacko:

Everything happens :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Bernar said:

[...] and i believe the conclusion was that they weren’t official, but i might be wrong though!

They are, well, sort of. Misprints, prototypes, and parts in unusual colours are official in that they were produced by TLG, but not officially “official” as in “permitted by TLG to be released in sets or sold separately” :laugh: You may remember the oddly-coloured SW blasters two years ago, fun times :head_back:

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

They are, well, sort of. Misprints, prototypes, and parts in unusual colours are official in that they were produced by TLG, but not officially “official” as in “permitted by TLG to be released in sets or sold separately” :laugh: You may remember the oddly-coloured SW blasters two years ago, fun times :head_back:

Thanks! That was what i was trying to say but clearly was not expressing myself very well :grin:

40 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Everything happens :laugh:

There's no point getting your hopes high based on a hairpiece that - based on Lego's past practice and the totality of current evidence - isn't the genuine article. If it's real then great, but if not you're just setting up for disappointment.

40 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

There's no point getting your hopes high based on a hairpiece that - based on Lego's past practice and the totality of current evidence - isn't the genuine article. If it's real then great, but if not you're just setting up for disappointment.

I won't be really disappointed if they won't be made. The only minifigure I really want is Riddle. Well, Ron and Harry as Crabbe and Goyle too, but not as much as Riddle

4 minutes ago, Legofania said:

The only minifigure I really want is Riddle. Well, Ron and Harry as Crabbe and Goyle too, but not as much as Riddle

I can't remember: is Riddle in the Chamber of Secrets set? If not, I'd be surprised if we get him any time soon. Not sure where else he'd fit.

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I can't remember: is Riddle in the Chamber of Secrets set? If not, I'd be surprised if we get him any time soon. Not sure where else he'd fit.

Yeah he is, he's one of the figures you can actually see clearly in the prelimerary picture as his minifigure is right under the Chamber entrance - in comparison I only just noticed that you can see Colin Creevey at the top of the tower with an oversized build for his camera :laugh:

We've already got a good look at what Tom Riddle's figure will look like from a book he debuted in last year too: 

Tom_Riddle__09586.1607363484.png?c=2

Personally I'm hoping the figure in the set will have slightly different printing as it would be nice to see the Slytherin emblem on his robes be more visible - the torso looks a bit too much like a generic three-piece suit without it. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yeah he is, he's one of the figures you can actually see clearly in the prelimerary picture as his minifigure is right under the Chamber entrance

In that case, colour me excited!

9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

We've already got a good look at what Tom Riddle's figure will look like from a book he debuted in last year too: 

Perhaps he will be a bit different. Maybe different face print or idk, but I really hope so. But if he is as in the book it's okay too!

10 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

In that case, colour me excited!

That set has an absolutely unbelievable minifigure selection as is - I never wanted the 2018 Great Hall so the re-inclusion of Dumbledore and Nearly Headless Nick is only a good thing in my book. Add on 4 students (Harry, Ginny, Colin Creevey and Justin Finch-Fletchley), Lockhart, Sinistra and Tom Riddle and its irresistible next to the new rock foundations for the castle and of course the moulded BASILISK :wub:

Also you bringing up the Tom Riddle minifigure reminds me that there was a time last year that everyone seemed close to giving up hope for a Chamber of Secrets just because loads of the characters present were being included elsewhere - Ginny and Lockhart in Diagon Alley, Myrtle in the CMF and Tom Riddle in a book of all things! It really seemed to fans holding out for it that Lego were using those minifigures to encourage us to recreate the CoS climax on our own because they had no intention of making such a set. So this Anniversary mini-theme being what it takes to get a Chamber of Secrets (and Fluffy!) means I will happily overlook any of this new Hogwarts system's potential weaknesses :tongue:

2 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Perhaps he will be a bit different. Maybe different face print or idk, but I really hope so. But if he is as in the book it's okay too!

I hope he gets a new 'aaargh I'm getting stabbed with a fang' expression with glowing eyes or something haha :devil:

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That set has an absolutely unbelievable minifigure selection as is - I never wanted the 2018 Great Hall so the re-inclusion of Dumbledore and Nearly Headless Nick is only a good thing in my book. Add on 4 students (Harry, Ginny, Colin Creevey and Justin Finch-Fletchley), Lockhart, Sinistra and Tom Riddle and its irresistible next to the new rock foundations for the castle and of course the moulded BASILISK :wub:

Basilisk and that amazing minifigure selection is the reason why I might eventually buy this set even though I hate the castle build. I think 2018-2020 style looks so much better and more movie accurate.

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Basilisk and that amazing minifigure selection is the reason why I might eventually buy this set even though I hate the castle build. I think 2018-2020 style looks so much better and more movie accurate.

Ah see I've already incorporated the new Hogwarts system in with my 2010 Castle so I'm more than happy to incorporate a third design! Also I tried to display my Hogwarts in a movie accurate facade with the viaduct in front but it was a really shallow and awkward display to move around so I've embraced the modular nature of Hogwarts and just mixed everything around depending on how I feel at the time :laugh:

Does anyone know the correct location of the clock tower in the books? I remember it being to the left of the great hall in the movies but some maps online are saying otherwise.

Can we please stop the whining about the anniversary sets? Every morning when I check this forum I see at least 40+ new posts and when I read through them mainly the posts follow this pattern:

A person (who will go unnamed though we all know who I'm talking about.) says something bad about the anniversary sets.

Various members state their opinions that they like them or don't like them in thoughtful detailed posts.

Unnamed person makes an argument against the anniversary sets and makes passive aggressive remarks against the people who have information and are kind enough to share it, which unnamed person does in short posts of course which explain how unnamed member has accumulated roughly 300 posts in a month in spring of all times the driest season of the year for leaks. Now, I am not trying to give unnamed person the opportunity to endlessly respond and I am not trying to get this thread locked unnamed person you know who you are I don't want a fight just please try to improve and you might want to try limiting yourself to one long post a day instead of 10 short ones and only check the forum once or twice daily that's my goal and what I try to do.

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ah see I've already incorporated the new Hogwarts system in with my 2010 Castle so I'm more than happy to incorporate a third design! Also I tried to display my Hogwarts in a movie accurate facade with the viaduct in front but it was a really shallow and awkward display to move around so I've embraced the modular nature of Hogwarts and just mixed everything around depending on how I feel at the time :laugh:

I mean thats great for you. There are some people who are creative and they want to make their own dream Hogwarts castle. I am purist collector with light OCD so I need to have entire Hogwarts layout with consistent build style and as movie accurate as possible :D

11 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Does anyone know the correct location of the clock tower in the books? I remember it being to the left of the great hall in the movies but some maps online are saying otherwise.

Idk if its in the books but idealy it should go behind Great Hall and face opposite direction but I think thats difficult to display so placing it to the left of the Great Hall is okay

Edited by Textorix