Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

My speculation is that the $40 set is a Forbidden Forest set with Harry, Draco, Fang, Firenze, disguised Quirrell, and possibly Hagrid, considering I'd be surprised if he was completely absent from this year's sets.

Literally half of the August wave has been revealed to be brickbuild object, creatures and animals. I think it’s safe to assume that the rest of the sets won’t be standard play sets. It’s looking to be a brickbuild wave for Harry Potter in August. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hooch came in a remembrall brick build set. 

1 minute ago, OutlandishCandle said:

Quite a bit bigger than 'life-sized'...

They look the size of an adult to the kids IMO.

Edited by BrickFunatic

4 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Um... The chess pieces are LIFE SIZE in the movie. The Queen was a minfig in the last set. How could they not be Minfigs?? :wacko:

Um... Because the chess pieces are SEVERAL TIMES TALLER THAN THE TRIO in the movie, i.e. not life-size. You don't do a minifig for a 20 foot tall statue. The height of a statue in a $20 set 20 years ago has absolutely no bearing on how it will be depicted in a super-accurate $250 D2C set.

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

They look the size of an adult to the kids IMO.

Sure, if the kids were 18 inches tall apiece.

9 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Funny thing: my second comment here a month ago was "One thing I'm thinking about: where's Hagrid?" :snicker:

A Detention in Forest set would be really nice... if they put Fang, Firenze and an unicorn.

Excellent idea! We're still missing a forbidden forest set in this wave, so that would be perfect. Too perfect for this weird wave though...

12 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Funny thing: my second comment here a month ago was "One thing I'm thinking about: where's Hagrid?" :snicker:

A Detention in Forest set would be really nice... if they put Fang, Firenze and an unicorn.

A unicorn would definitely be great to see, though I'm not sure what it's odds are of LEGO including one, considering it was dead for the entirety of its screen time.

10 minutes ago, Just_a_brick said:

Literally half of the August wave has been revealed to be brickbuild object, creatures and animals. I think it’s safe to assume that the rest of the sets won’t be standard play sets. It’s looking to be a brickbuild wave for Harry Potter in August. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hooch came in a remembrall brick build set. 

Maybe, but if the $30 and $40 sets for August were both minifigure scale playsets, it would fit with how they released a two set wave in August 2019 that also added up to $70 together.  This year would just have brickbuilt display sets and a D2C in addition to that.  

Edited by spiderfan2000

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

I respectfully disagree. And predict that the pieces will be minifigs. :innocent2:

I can see that the Original 3 and all the pawns could be minifigures, with teh pawns having a sort of brickbuilt or molded turtle shell for them. If they  adhere to the scenes fairly accurately, I'd think all the other pieces would be a lot taller and more solid, perhaps have minifigures, but not necessairly. If they follow their trend of Lego Chess sets, almost every set they have made - every piece IS technically a minifigure. 852293: Castle Giant Chess Set has all minifigure sets. My guess is it depends on how much they adhere to the overall look fo the set. I still would imagine it's most like 852293. 

Good Lord, what were they thinking with this wave?

I hope next year we get an $800 D2C Harry's head! No body, just his head. :laugh_hard:

I can't believe I set aside so much money this year specifically for Lego Harry Potter lol. I'd buy some Star Wars instead, but their lineup this year isn't really my cup of tea either.

Cor blimey.

1 minute ago, spiderfan2000 said:

A unicorn would definitely be great to see, though I'm not sure what it's odds are of LEGO including one, considering it was dead for the entirety of its screen time.

Well, I could stand a non canonical scene with a living unicorn :laugh:

Regarding 76393: most of the crazy suggestions I've seen here are human characters, but I don't think that would work, like at all. Especially not for roughly 60$ for each figure. Wouldn't a pair of animals / beasts make way more sense? :tongue:

1 minute ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Maybe, but if the $30 and $40 sets were both minifigure scale playsets, it would fit with how they released a two set wave in August 2019 that also added up to $70 together.  This year would just have brickbuilt display sets and a D2C in addition to that.  

I agree with this. Both 2018 and 2019 had a small, two set second wave in August, so I don't see why 2021 couldn't have two small minifig-scale sets in addition to the brickbuilt stuff.

Also, again, @Guyon2002 soft-confirmed that 76395 is a Quidditch Class playset. If the $30 is minifig-scale, I think it's more likely that 7y394 is as well than it is that we have a wave of brickbuilds with one lone random playset.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Regarding 76393: most of the crazy suggestions I've seen here are human characters, but I don't think that would work, like at all. Especially not for roughly 60$ for each figure. Wouldn't a pair of animals / beasts make way more sense? :tongue:

It’s should be 2 humans ;)

Edited by Falconfan1414

7 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I respectfully disagree. And predict that the pieces will be minifigs. :innocent2:

For $250, having the pieces all be minifigures wouldn't make sense. I think each square will be 5 studs by 5 studs at least, which means minifigure pieces would look tiny.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s should be 2 humans 

Really? *huh* There's no way these can look any good, unless they're just enlarged minifigs :hmpf_bad: 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Based on your IG post - I'm guessing it's Harry and Hermione?

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I'll throw out a few guesses, I suppose.

1. Harry and Ron

2. Hagrid and Harry

3. Dumbledore and Voldemort

Edited by Roonil Wazlib
Never mind lol

Okay, so @Falconfan1414 just posted on Insta an image of Harry and Hermione from DH2 for 76393, with the caption "I didn't choose this picture by accident." So, 76393 will be our first and only DH set... and it will be brickbuilt figures of 2/3 of the Golden Trio. I think that's absolutely hilarious, and I'm sure some of the reactions to it will be even more so.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Okay, so @Falconfan1414 just posted on Insta an image of Harry and Hermione from DH2 for 76393, with the caption "I didn't choose this picture by accident." So, 76393 will be our first and only DH set... and it will be brickbuilt figures of 2/3 of the Golden Trio. I think that's absolutely hilarious, and I'm sure some of the reactions to it will be even more so.

It’s not deathly hallows. I meant the characters in the picture not the movie they are from 

26 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Falconfan said it's very likely that something else will be included and someone else (maybe Guyon?) said they all connect.

I said what?

25 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah but $250 should have at least 10 minifigures but with this one I can only think of 3

D2C's have no minimum amount of figures though.

6 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

@Guyon2002 after realizing that he's revealed 75% of the August wave:Screenshot_20210322-174916_Gallery.jpg.fd999499dcfe6f98dcf0056d23e9b42f.jpg

Lmao :laugh_hard:

4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Also, again, @Guyon2002 soft-confirmed that 76395 is a Quidditch Class playset. 

reaction, confused, confusion, puzzled, visible confusion – GIF

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s not deathly hallows. I meant the characters in the picture not the movie they are from 

I guess its Harry and Hermoine then :sadnew: