Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Hi all,

My thoughts are that d2c will be chess theme from ps probably playable

120€ is buildable creature or bust... 

HP is the new SW....

Cornish pixies! Yes! 

really hope they come in a couple of sets: the chamber of secrets set and then maybe in one of the smaller sets with just one pixie in a corner of something! 

Or maybe one in the advent calendar? that would be cool

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Excited to finally see what they look like, they're incredible!

What are you talking about? You mean Cornish Pixie?

4 minutes ago, KA1 said:

I certainly hope not, I have no space to display something like that :tongue:

4 minutes ago, KA1 said:

No surprise there if that‘s the case. The PPR is way too good for a minifig-scale set after all :shrug_oh_well: 

3 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Cornish pixies! Yes! 

really hope they come in a couple of sets: the chamber of secrets set and then maybe in one of the smaller sets with just one pixie in a corner of something! 

Or maybe one in the advent calendar? that would be cool

Additional ones in a Hogwarts Moments DADA classroom are much more likely, including a new Lockhart variant

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I certainly hope not, I have no space to display something like that :tongue:

No surprise there if that‘s the case. The PPR is way too good for a minifig-scale set after all :shrug_oh_well: 

Chess theme is 90%... not sure if playable or scene... 

1 minute ago, KA1 said:

Chess theme is 90%... not sure if playable or scene... 

At that price point, it‘d better be playable :tongue: So I assume this is what your source told you a couple of weeks ago?

If so, quite a lot of people got it right then. Not a bad set idea, but the minifig selection will be extremely boring since it‘s essentially the same as in the Fluffy set, maybe with an added Quirrell or something (or perhaps the golden one). Not really all that exciting, but it could be worse I guess :shrug_oh_well:

37 minutes ago, KA1 said:

Hi all,

HP is the new SW....

Wait is this just your guess/theory or its based on some legit source info? Because I am confused now

Edit: Oh its you, I forgot that it was you who wanted to share some info with us a month ago. If this was the case then I will save a ton of money. So we know what D2C set and 120€ sets are but what about smaller ones? Those could save it.

Edited by Textorix

Sorry if this has already been talked about but what is going on with the 4 unknown and 1 D2C set? Do we know anything about those sets and when they release?

2 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Sorry if this has already been talked about but what is going on with the 4 unknown and 1 D2C set? Do we know anything about those sets and when they release?

Some people have info about them but they cannot share it, at least not now.

4 minutes ago, Thieda said:

In August, that's why we don't know almost nothing about them, yet

6 minutes ago, Thieda said:

According to promobricks, the 4 unknown  regular sets are also scheduled for June, but we assume that‘s just an error on their part. The smallest one is assumed to be a set based on the flying lesson scene, based on a leaked Hooch minifig.

@KA1 recently claimed that the D2C set is most likely based on the chess scene in PS and that the 120€ set is a brick-built sculpture, which both sound plausible. 

5 minutes ago, Legofania said:

In August, that's why we don't know almost nothing about them, yet

On promobricks the 4 sets are listed for 6/2021.

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@KA1 recently claimed that the D2C set is most likely based on the chess scene in PS and that the 120€ set is a brick-built sculpture

@Guyon2002 can you confirm this?

Just now, Thieda said:

On promobricks the 4 sets are listed for 6/2021.

Just a mistake

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@KA1 recently claimed that the D2C set is most likely based on the chess scene in PS and that the 120€ set is a brick-built sculpture, which both sound plausible. 

Would LEGO really make a $250 chess board?

3 minutes ago, Legofania said:

@Guyon2002 can you confirm this?

I don‘t speak for him of course, but as long as he doesn‘t get permission from his source, I think he won‘t publically confirm or deny anything :wink: Our best chance is if someone else leaks the entire list (like promobricks) or if the names appear on a retailer‘s website

2 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Oh yes, they would: https://brickset.com/sets/852293-1/Castle-Giant-Chess-Set

Granted, that one was „only“ $200, but that same set would easily cost at least $250 nowadays due to inflation and all that

1 minute ago, Thieda said:

Well they already made stuff like piano or colosseum so this wouldnt suprise me... but I really thought they want to keep this theme succesful and that they know what most of us want.

Could it be a combination of the vine, key and chess rooms also with the final area with the mirror of erised?

This would make sense as well for the 20th anniversary of the theme with the golden figures being based of the philosopher's stone. 

Edited by Thieda

9 minutes ago, Thieda said:

It does seem a bit strange though I see the appeal. Are we sure the sets aren't the other way round with a $120 chess board and some other $250 set?

Edited by Ringwraith

Just now, Ringwraith said:

It does seem a bit strange though I see the appeal. Are we sure the sets aren't the other way round with a $120 chess board and some other $250 set?

Well falconfan has hinted that it is not a Gringotts set.

1 minute ago, Thieda said:

Well falconfan has hinted that it is not a Gringotts set.

True, true, but I just can't imagine many people leaping for a $250 chess set. If it has the other rooms included like some Harry Potter battle of both recreation then maybe but alone it seems a bit meh at least to me

Just now, Ringwraith said:

True, true, but I just can't imagine many people leaping for a $250 chess set. If it has the other rooms included like some Harry Potter battle of both recreation then maybe but alone it seems a bit meh at least to me

If it had the other rooms from that scene it would be better, also it could connect to the set with fluffy that is coming out in June.

Hmm, idk why but I'm not the biggest fan of the Pixie mold. Just something about the shape looks odd to me.

Also, I was watching some special features from Goblet of Fire and I'm now hoping we get Merpeople and/or Grindylows.