Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I really like these new sets!!  I love the ability to switch and reconfigure sections of the castle. It's definitely reminding me of the 2001 wave.  I'm here for it!

The sets don’t look too bad other then the bathroom. The forbidden corridor is meh. 
It sucks that they remade it as the great hall I just brought the 2018/19 one so probably will give it a miss 

58 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Forgive me if i'm not allowed to say this on the forum, but I did save the specific links for the website that posted the pictures if anyone wanted to see them. Happy to send in a DM.

If anyone wants the links. Please click on my name and then on my profile select "Message" and just send me a DM. People wont be happy if we fill the page up with DM requests. :laugh:

Darn, I wanted to Dm you for the images but I can’t Dm until I’ve made 10 posts lol

49 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

It's only the Harry Potter ones I saved. What else actually got leaked today? I think I saw a batman head and 2 ninjago sets, that was it.

sorry that this is off topic but was the batman head the same box pic that leaked a few days ago?

2 minutes ago, Surge said:

sorry that this is off topic but was the batman head the same box pic that leaked a few days ago?

Might have been. I looked again and it was a picture of a box, not a catalogue. Just glanced it this morning. Sorry!

Just seen the images, and while they don't look amazing, the same sentiment is generally true for all leaked images, isn't it? The images leak with poor/preliminary images, and everyone hates them. Then the sets launch with good photos and more detail, and they're generally loved. Except Star Wars. We've not seen the interiors yet, so they may be great, although the relatively low piece count might make that hard. And the mismatch of Fluffy's moulded heads with a very obviously brick-built body is odd. But decent lighting, proper colouring, and higher resolutions for the images may do wonders for the sets. So maybe there's hope that things look better in the summer?

Just a little hint for anyone who now has the links to the Harry Potter sets... If you click the button that says "Catalogo" a little under the images, there is like an 8 page listing of all the leaked sets for the other themes.

I feel like people are being a bit too gloom and doom about these sets, I doubt one year of less than amazing sets is signaling the downfall of the theme. Yes, they're simpler and more kidified than usual, but in fairness, the first two movies are all out kids movies, so I think it makes sense that the sets would reflect that. Even Hogwarts was simpler looking in those movies, with inconsistent architecture and geography. In a way, these sets sort of reflect that vibe.

As for the lack of DH sets, I can't say I'm surprised. As much as I love the DH movies, I don't think they're great set fodder outside of the Ministry of Magic and Gringotts. At the end of the day, there are toys and a lot of the content of DH doesn't lend itself that well, whether it's torture, terrorist attacks or just moody and depressing conversations, I think it's a tougher sell. None of this is to say that Lego won't eventually adapt these things into sets, I just think it makes them lower priorities on the list.

Too, given the controversy around the Fantastic Beasts series and JK Rowling herself, is anyone that surprised that Lego is going with safe, uncontroversial, perfectly kid friendly sets this year?

I’m hopeful that the other “wave” is a continuation of the release order and we’ll see more from HBP and DH.

I am unable to send a DM as I seldom post and mostly browse, so I’d appreciate it if someone could share with me! 

Similar to the recent Star Wars sets, these look a lot simpler than the previous wave and look more like play sets.

However, given the still high prices I wonder who the target is ? 

My wallet is happy because I can sit out this wave (although Hogsmeade might tempt me). 

Some more detailed thoughts on the sets after getting to look at them more closely:

The Bathroom: Looks like a pretty decent build overall.  The stall is a good inclusion, and the sink build looks pretty spot on.  I can't tell if it's designed to open in any way, but it probably wouldn't be difficult to modify if not.  The enclosed design of the set is rather unique compared to the other Hogwarts expansion sets we've gotten recently.  It's clearly designed to fit something on top of it.  The minifigure selection is good, as I had been hoping to see these variants of the trio in the last CMF series, so I'm glad to finally get them now.  A representation of Crabbe and Goyle in the line has been long overdue.  I'm assuming that the anniversary minifigures will all have crested jumpers instead of the regular jumpers shown in the preliminaries.  Hopefully the molded cat head for Hermione turns out well enough, as it's too unfinished in the pictures to properly judge.  I just really hope a tail piece is included.  

Forbidden Corridor: Looks like an okay build, but Fluffy is the clear highlight.  The molded heads work well with the brickbuilt body.  The harp is also a good inclusion.  The castle build looks like it might detach in the middle, which could be interesting.  I do hope the Devil's Snare room is somehow part of the interior, but based on the size of the build, it looks like Fluffy's Room would have to take up the whole bottom section, which would leave no room for the Devil's Snare.  Hopefully there's at least a working trap door, even if we have to wait for a future set to provide the room it leads to.  I really hope the preliminary versions of the trio shown here are not what will be included in the set, as I really want the casual outfits they wore for this part of the movie, and getting repeats of the same jumpers would be disappointing.

Hogsmeade:  I wasn't sure what to expect of this set when I learned of the price point, but the two buildings manage to look great and substantial enough to be, in my opinion, the best looking set of the wave.  It looks like there's plenty of detail incorporated throughout the set.  Rosmerta is a good inclusion, and as obscure as the Flumes are, I'm glad they're included to make Honeyduke's look less empty.  Getting new variants of McGonagall and Dean is also a plus.  I just hope Harry is a different variant from what the picture show.  I already have three of that version from the 2019 sets.

Great Hall+Chamber of Secrets:  Well, the Great Hall is definitely a downgrade from the 2018 version, and the Staircase Tower doesn't really resemble the source material too well.  That said, the Chamber of Secrets looks to be a reasonably substantial part of the build, and it looks like the castle sections might be designed to detach from the Chamber sections, which would be a great feature.  The Basilisk looks like the best version yet from LEGO, and while I was personally hoping for the 2018 version's level of articulation to be incorporated, this one looks far better.  I do hope that a flying Fawkes is included, as that would really complete the scene.  As for minifigures, Harry isn't really noteworthy, and Ginny is more noteworthy for being the first Hogwarts jumper variant of her since 2010.  Colin and Justin are good inclusions, and I'm glad they were included over another Ron and Hermione.  Nick seems to be the same, so eh.  I'm glad to see the orange variant of Lockhart.  I'm glad that Tom Riddle is included, as I did not buy the book he was previously included in.  Sinistra opens up the door for other obscure Hogwarts staff to be included in future sets.  The preliminary shows Dumbledore as being the Clock Tower version, which will almost certainly not reflect his actual appearance in this set.  It is worth noting that preliminary Dumbledore is shown to be hatless unlike the Clock Tower version, so perhaps we'll finally get the Dumbledore hairpiece in white.

Overall, a solid lineup of sets in my opinion.  I intend to purchase them all at some point.  I just hope the August sets will have good quality builds, even if they're not Deathly Hallows sets.

Another thing I just noticed is that both the CoS and Forbidden Corridor have printed nexo knights tiles with either the Hogwarts logo or possibly the HP logo. I assume this is an anniversary thing and I wonder if the bathroom has it too on the other side, however I do not see it anywhere on hogsmeade 

7 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I really hope the preliminary versions of the trio shown here are not what will be included in the set, as I really want the casual outfits they wore for this part of the movie, and getting repeats of the same jumpers would be disappointing.

omg I competely ignored the fact they are in the wrong outfits!!! I really hope this is not the case, I was very excited to get the outfits they wear for the final portion of the first movie, which imo makes them even more important

The only other place I could see them being in (that we know of, could be one of the august sets) is the AC, however that is pretty unlikely as that would mean all of the figs would be new and I don't believe that has ever been done 

What I think will be interesting is to see whether these sets are the most valuable sets in a couple of years. Everyone saying they are going to skip them, means there wont be a huge flood of them being sold like the 2018-2020 Hogwarts sets (which I reckon everyone is going to have), which could potentially drive up their value in a few years when everyone gets all nostalgic again. Will be interesting to see.

Going to be a bit annoyed if the sword of Gryffindor and Butterbeer Mugs are actually the ones from the CMF series, because I specifically bought additional copies of figures just for those parts! 

I’ve just seen the set images (thank you to two of the members here for sharing them with me =)

heres my thoughts and opinions on each

the girls bathroom:

the figures will definitely be the highlight of the set for me (although I really hope they don’t have jumpers on the final product, just reuse malfoys torso from the AT LEGO) but the build isn’t that bad.

the sink and stalls look good from what I can see and I hope the sink has an opening function, it’s great to get another butter beer glass and I hope it has a different color inside although I expect it to be a reuse from the cmf 

Forbidden corridor:

Fluffy looks great, I really hope the trio will have scene accurate outfits in the final product, I’ve wanted those outfits for so long and if they keep the jumpers that may be the most boring mini figure line up of any HP set ever

the castle build I’m not too excited about unless it changes between now and the release, it doesn’t appear to represent anything specific and although I get it’s supposed to look like the original hp sets it just looks a bit off, hopefully it has a few good challenge rooms inside to make up for it although it doesn’t seem to have the space 

Hogsmeade: 

Hogsmeade looks fantastic! I’ve been wanting a Hogsmeade based set for a very long time and this doesn’t disappoint, the figure selection is very good and the buildings are amazing! I hope the interiors are very good as well.

The great hall: 

this one has me torn a bit, I actually didn’t mind that LEGO was remaking the great hall and even expected one this year (although I thought it would be DH based) but it’s not as good as I was hoping, the Hall itself isn’t awful although I think it would’ve been much better had it had one stud  pillars and windows rather two stud, the side also looks rather strange as there’s no entrance. It appears to be based heavily off the 2010 great hall rather than 2001 with almost the exact same pillar and window design as 2010.

the side build though just seems odd, it’s not a horrible build but it’s inclusion seems unnecessary, I don’t know if it’s supposed to represent the grand staircase tower but it doesn’t look like it and the hall doesn’t look right without the tower. I think the set would’ve been much better had the side build been scrapped and the focus been just on the hall, the tower, and the chamber below.

the basilisk looks really good though and the figure selection is amazing!

all in all it’s not a horrible wave especially since it’s an anniversary wave and not a regular set wave but it could’ve been executed better in my opinion.

I look forward to seeing the final images and look forward to seeing what we get in August 

sorry for the really long post by the way =)

Now that I've had the chance to look at the photos more (only saw them briefly before they were taken of Instagram) I'm able to analyze what I dislike/like. I'll get it out of the way and say that Hogsmeade is flawless. My only hope is that there will be an upper level/attic or something on both buildings that will take advantage of their large amount of vertical space. As long as there is plenty of candy inside honedukes I'll be happy though. 

Bathroom is fine, hopefully the sink can open and will line up with a chamber of secrets slide entrance. 

Forbidden corridor looks fine so far. I'm surprised the outside is what's being displayed on the box though. I don't like the golden barrier but hopefully that's just a placeholder for a tan version. Really can't comment much until I see the interior. I'm not sure about Fluffy either, he appears to have a bit of a hunchback for some reason, although maybe that's just because of the oversized back legs? I'll need to see the final pics to really judge it. 

And now for Hogwarts Castle which should've been my favorite set since the 2001 and 2010 castles are some of my most nostalgic LEGO sets. First I'll start with the positives, the chamber door is very evocative of the boat archway from the 2001 set. Having it displayed like this is a nice touch. This is the best Great Hall exterior since 2010. It's nice to finally have it closer to the shape in the films unlike the flattened 2018 version. The window in the center tower is a nice reference but very blocky and clunky. They should've made a modified version of the piece underneath it and included a window or not bothered trying to add a window at all. It's nice to see rocks under the castle and the bassalisk is also great. Now onto the issues:

1. Tower windows. Why? Who thought this was a good idea? What is this referencing? What Hogwarts tower set had giant blocks of square brown windows? The arches above the lower ones remind me of the 2010 astronomy tower but the window there was a single curved one not this! The only thing I can think of is the 2019 clock tower but those were black and looked nothing like these. This issue continues with

2. The square tower. Minecraft castles aren't even this blocky. The curved window which strangely pokes out of the top tan section doesn't fix this (the slopes and angled pieces around the window only make it look worse and even more like a knock-off). Curved panels were used in 2001 and they are still used in almost every 2018+ castle set. USE THEM. I'm sure this is just so these modules will be more interchangeable but this is LEGO Harry Potter not LEGO Minecraft. Every Hogwarts building can be square except this one. It's less versatile but it has to be circular, even the 2001 designers knew this. 

3. Left tower. This is another one where I genuinely have no clue how they messed this up. Above the rocks next to the great hall is a courtyard and a circular tower. This is true for both the film and the original 2001 set. So why is there a giant tan rectangle above the rocks, followed by a square on the left and a courtyard on the right? How do you mess this up? How does this inaccuracy help the set in any way? The worst part is I can see the courtyard and the block are separate plates. It could've been placed on the right very easily. How does this even happen?

4. Turret. I know the single turret is a reference to the 2001 set and the film (then again the film had three like the 2010 set) but it just looks so wrong here. Obviously the original tower piece with the indent for it is no longer in production but if this is the best they could do with the parts they have then they shouldn't have bothered. It looks so pasted on and last minute. 

5. Nougat. This color looks very strange in the preliminary photos but  I know I won't be a fan of it in decent photos either so I'll complain about it now. I'm not a fan of the nougat in the modern castles because it just doesn't work as well as dark tan which is already being used for texture anyway. Considering this 2021 reboot doesn't fit perfectly with the 2018+ sets they should've ditched the color. If they can go back to sand green for nostalgia why do we still have to deal with nougat. 

6. Little flag. This is a completely silly point but I miss the little flag on top of the main tower and I wish they would've brought it back. 

Well I'm finally done, sorry for the length. I adore LEGO Hogwarts sets (especially interior focused ones)  and I'm very happy to see so many this summer. I really hope we get more sets like the forbidden corridor and girls bathroom and I'm looking forward to seeing the interiors of all of these sets and hopefully there will be a full spiral staircase like in the 2001 sets. That Hogwarts staircase tower is just unacceptable to me though. This will be the first time in half a decade that I modify a LEGO set. I have a spare 2011 Hogwarts set so I'll use the parts from that to make my own and I'll stick Minecraft version somewhere else (maybe on top of the bathroom?). Technically I'll have two staircase towers in one display but that won't really matter since the 2021 version looks nothing like the staircase tower anyway. 

Hey everyone! Longtime lurker, here. Made an account just to see if anyone was willing to DM me the leaked set photos. Thanks in advance!

Can someone please DM me the photos I will be grateful

Can someone please DM me the photos I will be grateful

thanks to everyone who sent me photos you guys are awesome

39 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Forbidden corridor looks fine so far. I'm surprised the outside is what's being displayed on the box though. I don't like the golden barrier but hopefully that's just a placeholder for a tan version. Really can't comment much until I see the interior.

Something I've been trying to work out: is there any interior to the wall section of Forbidden Corridor? Because it looks like what's behind the windows is just the background artwork, so any interior would have to either be very low-lying  or else it's just a wall. The tower part will probably have some, though.

Other random thought: did Cat Hermione really need a full head mould as opposed to a new hair and cat ear mould? Seems strange. It also looks potentially big enough to go over a regular head, which would be the reason to make a whole head-sized mould so then each character can be changed between their polyjuice and non-polyjuice version. Then again, a reversible head with a hair-ear mould also would've accomplished that.

Man, why I needed to go to sleep :)  It would be very nice, if someone can dm me a few pictures of them.