Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

It's ok to enjoy the sets but be disappointed in certain choices. Endgame has been out for 2 years, there's no good reason for Lego to flub the colors for Wanda and Rocket.

32 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

You think it looks bad? I have Wanda from CW, the "skirt" looks great

I thought you said you had Wanda from the CMF for a sec here, was about to go wild 

Does any think we’ll get more Marvel helmets? I picked up the Batman one today and I actually really like it. I would love a Black Panther helmet or an Ant-Man helmet 

8 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

I thought you said you had Wanda from the CMF for a sec here, was about to go wild 

I eff-ing wish

Edited by TobyAis

looking at the CW version, your right it does look good! and if it looks good on the CW version I think it'll look good on the new one, my only complaint with the new figure would be if it didn't get a new face and just reused another figures, though it would be nice if they brought back the old face print:laugh:

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's almost as if we care about this theme and want simple things like haircolor to be accurate, what a groundbreaking discovery :hmpf:

Don't think that was really called for.. I care a LOT about this theme too, and want it to succeed, it just seems like everyone is taking these things to seriously, I mean... were so excited about these sets, are people really not gonna get them because of a hair color not being the one we assumed?

2 hours ago, Ralph Bohner said:

It's ok to enjoy the sets but be disappointed in certain choices. Endgame has been out for 2 years, there's no good reason for Lego to flub the colors for Wanda and Rocket.

True in theory, tho I personally think Rocket should have always been a brownish color and not grey, and wanda's hair color is still too close to call imo Especially since Tony's hair color and piece has changed multiple times in MCU sets tho his film hairstyle hasn't changed that much since IM3

This is something that only tangentially relates to the current discussion; in a 4 pound lot of random Lego I just got my hands on I found one purple "Infinity Stone". Someone quite a number of pages back wondered if we'd be getting a reissue of those parts for the upcoming sets. I now would like to second that query.

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Words can't describe how pissed I am right now. Seriously LEGO? You couldn't even recolor that hairpiece?! The piece is exactly what I wanted but the color is disgusting.

I mean, I don't think is that big of a deal. Like, sure, its not 100% accurate, but its not like the minifigure itself is bad.

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, I don't think is that big of a deal. Like, sure, its not 100% accurate, but its not like the minifigure itself is bad.

Yeah, this one is a bit much.. Yeah, they didn't get it right but you can always change the piece, I prob will

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

are people really not gonna get them because of a hair color not being the one we assumed?

When did anyone say they were not going to buy one of the sets because of a hairpiece? 

24 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I didn't say the minifigure itself is bad, the haircolor is. Something like that matters when there are very few good substitute pieces that are actually accurate to the depicted character (and in case someone brings it up again: the Elizabeth Swann piece is far from accurate imo).

So basically we're going to get the pics of most of the stuff tomorrow I'm guessing? Usually official pics are the month before release so...

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

the Elizabeth Swann piece is far from accurate imo

Well, I think it is
png-clipart-elizabeth-olsen-wanda-maximo
maxresdefault.jpg
exb0ujw4nowkkthg_1613562569.jpeg

5 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Well, I think it is

Pfffff just looked it up, yeah, it's basically perfect. Better then Aquaman for Viking Thor, that's for sure. Idk what people are on about. It's not like she's got the crown in Endgame or anything. 

3 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

So basically we're going to get the pics of most of the stuff tomorrow I'm guessing? Usually official pics are the month before release so...

I hope.. but I don't think we will
I guess we'll have pics next week..

18 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

When did anyone say they were not going to buy one of the sets because of a hairpiece? 

This thread and Instagram have literally been full of people complaining about how the whole excitement of this wave has beem ruined since Thor leaked the other day, and the main point of that comment was saying that if the hairpiece, or thors new look really was a big deal (which, grand scheme,  it isn't), then you might as well skip the set, I almost don't wanna see anymore leaks cause it'll just lead to more complaints, cause just like Thanos himself, they're inevitable 

Edited by legosamsonite
Elaboration

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

So on a lighter note, Simu Liu got his LEGO sets :laugh:

And not only Lego sets xD
Did he buy the whole store lol

Just now, TobyAis said:

And not only Lego sets xD
Did he buy the whole store lol

Marvel definitely sent all of them to him, but I love how excited he is about them haha

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

Marvel definitely sent all of them to him, but I love how excited he is about them haha

From what I gather from the interviews I've seen he's as much a Marvel fan as we are :laugh: Fantastic to see an actor being so hyped about his movie :laugh_hard:

59 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

From what I gather from the interviews I've seen he's as much a Marvel fan as we are :laugh: Fantastic to see an actor being so hyped about his movie :laugh_hard:

Reminds me of RDJ just basically method acting Tony in every interview lmao. The Marvel cast is bloody amazing. 

I wonder if Wanda will finally give us the power burst pieces in red. Seems an obvious choice but with Lego you never know

5 hours ago, Ralph Bohner said:

I agree completely, but I just want to point out the perfection of this statement coming from 'Ralph Bohner'

18 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I wonder if Wanda will finally give us the power burst pieces in red. Seems an obvious choice but with Lego you never know

They actually already exist but only came in a DC set way back in 2018: 76111 Brother Eye Takedown. They haven't appeared anywhere else since though so I would love to see them make a return! :excited:

5 hours ago, Ralph Bohner said:

This. Very well said :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

They actually already exist but only came in a DC set way back in 2018: 76111 Brother Eye Takedown. They haven't appeared anywhere else since though so I would love to see them make a return! :excited:

I meant the Power Burst pieces. Not the Power Blast pieces. Which to my knowledge have never appeared in Red before, despite the fact it would be perfect for a range of characters.

35032.png

Edited by Brick Cucumber

3 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I meant the Power Burst pieces. Not the Power Blast pieces. Which to my knowledge have never appeared in Red before, despite the fact it would be perfect for a range of characters.

Whoops, misread that one :grin: Yeah those haven't been made in Trans Red yet, would definitely be cool to see!