Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Until further notice, we are to call this film Spider Man: Phone Home-Wrecker

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I would be surprised if he reveals something there, Marvel announcements on live-tv usually go to Kimmel. 

maybe it is Kimmel, honestly I get those 2 Jimmy's confused all the time. I'm going to research into this more 

7 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

no arguments here lol

Getting a dr strange/sanctum vibes in those stills. Also could be a bunker where Matt Murdoc stays as he can be his lawyer for the case.

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Getting a dr strange/sanctum vibes in those stills. Also could be a bunker where Matt Murdoc stays as he can be his lawyer for the case.

I really like the outfit Peter has on, I'd like that as a fig (unlikely if we are only getting 2 sets)

Me: Relax my friends, don’t overreact to news...

Also me: THIS IS A TEASE AND SPIDER-MAN 3 TRAILER IS COMING SOON 

Edited by hvader

they are definitely at the very least going to drop the real title soon if they are releasing new stills from the movie and teasing us with fake titles 

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Updated: Spider Man: Phone Home-Slice-Wrecker

43 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

The entertainment correspondent for BBC said that he heard talks of Spider-Man: No Way Home, and I honestly think that's the best one yet.

I like that too

Dang. Someone made a comparison picture of new stills from Spiderman 3 and Sanctum. Boiii it's the same exact location. Flooring and lamp matches.

Not a big of surprise but Strange announced being in the movie, might as well as Sanctum.

Sanctum UCS anyone? 

1 hour ago, Bricknee said:

We’re not gonna get a trailer for a few months though.

What makes you say that? They promised us a first look in December which didn't come and the marketing is being handled by Sony, who operate seperately from Marvel Studios and usually start their marketing campaigns much earlier. 

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

What makes you say that? They promised us a first look in December which didn't come and the marketing is being handled by Sony, who operate seperately from Marvel Studios and usually start their marketing campaigns much earlier. 

The marketing for the first two Spider-Man movies was pretty much the same as other MCU movies. We get a first trailer around 6 months before release then a second trailer 2 months before. It’s basically a formula at this point. We may get an official title reveal soon but that’s it.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is getting out of hand, now there are three of them!

According to some reliable scoopers, the official title might be revealed today.

Tom and Jacob both replied to Zendaya's post with ''I'm calling Jon" so it wouldn't surprise me if he'll do the reveal, whenever it is. 

Some have theorised that it is subtle hints to the different Spider-man:
Slice = Tobey Maguire because of Pizza Time (Link)
Phone = Andrew Garfield because he is on the phone a bit (Link), (Link)
Wrecker = Tom Holland (His actions resulted in May and Happy talking about the relationship/splitting up)

Admittedly the connections are tenuous and might simply be happenstance. The colours of the title also match the credits of WandaVision :shrug_oh_well:

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is getting out of hand, now there are three of them!

According to some reliable scoopers, the official title might be revealed today.

Three titles, three Spider-man? :tongue:

I would not be surprised if we get a title reveal soon - as they are teasing interest in the film, released some official images and are currently joking about the title. They'll probably also reveal an official image showing Peter with Doctor Strange as the casual audience member might not even know he is in the film yet. Would not expect something massive, probably a title such as 'Spider-man: Homeworld' and save the multiverse stuff for the teaser and first trailer which would drop with Shang Chi.

Personally would lean towards us getting something Friday or later, as that would allow for WandaVision 8 to air and give us more hints presumably to how the multiverse aspect will be handled.

Remember this film and Doctor Strange 2 tie-in to WandaVision somehow, so perhaps an announcement such as " 'X' will return in Spider-man..." at the end of WandaVision Episode 9 OR even a teaser depending on how interconnected it could be.

Holland has also jokingly been remarking on WandaVision, so they want to draw a connection between the new Spider-man movie and WandaVision.

Edited by Scarilian

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Tom and Jacob both replied to Zendaya's post with ''I'm calling Jon" so it wouldn't surprise me if he'll do the reveal, whenever it is. 

According to DanielRPK (say whatever you want about him, but his trailer and announcements record is really great) it will be revealed around 2 PM Greenwich time, so in more than 3 hours.

I guess we have to wait and see.

8 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Forget the Spider-Man trailer where is my Shang Chi trailer?

I think Disney are waiting to lock in the release date of Shang Chi. At the moment its theorised Disney is waiting on the popularity of the cinema & Disney+ airing of Raya in order to determine if they are going to release Black Widow or delay it yet again - they have till roughly mid march to decide if they want to keep the release of May 7th 2021. If it gets delayed it could take Shang Chi's current release date with Shang Chi being pushed back further. I also think Disney want to avoid overshadowing Black Widow - while Sony's marketing team don't really mind about overshadowing the Disney movies.

@THELEGOBATMAN
Yeah, he's teasing something being revealed on twitter and apparently his patreon implies a
trailer at 9am EST.

13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Tom holland just posted his own gif. spilling the tea. We better get something tonight bois. Let'ss hold hand.

We could get something in an hour if source is to be believed.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

If this is an actual tease and people aren't just overthinking this that would be incredible:

I'm still leaning to Norman being in the MCU to set-up Dark Avengers but Green Goblin being held off for future films.