Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Accuracy to the top of Korg's head in Ragnarok seems to confirm it is him. Unless it's something akin to the stone monsters from Nexo Knights again, but we have no indication of any other theme which would use such a helmet/upper head piece.

Idk, maybe something from Monkey Kid or Vidyo

Edited by PGBQW

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Idk, maybe something from Monkey Kid or Vidyo

The whole range of MK sets just got leaked and none of the Video minifigs even remotely fit. Why is this suddenly being questioned anyway? It's so obviously Korg's head piece :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because it's not that simple. 

How so? Genuine question because it sounds like it’s just guess work. 

I've been trying not to prognosticate, but something occurred to me. Someone postulated earlier that Korg could be from a set based a Bro Thor scene, but it got shot down because a headphones piece wouldn't work with that headgear. The neckwear headphones from Monkie Kid would, though. It would open up all kinds of possibilities. Now I need to rewatch Endgame.

Just now, Donkeypunch said:

How so? Genuine question because it sounds like it’s just guess work. 

@Falconfan1414 is one of the most reliable leakers out there and everyone on this forum can vouch for him :classic: We just need to be patient, info will be revealed when it's ready to be revealed :laugh:

20 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Most of your points are quite valid, but to me DOFP was a travesty of rewriting an iconic X-Men storyline.

That's fine. But that's not how the movie was received. It was very successful at the box office and was very well reviewed, so the idea that it was the reason the Lego kit failed is a major stretch. Especially when the majority of people do not read comics in the first place.

Edited by Battlinpanther

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The whole range of MK sets just got leaked and none of the Video minifigs even remotely fit. Why is this suddenly being questioned anyway? It's so obviously Korg's head piece :tongue:

oh, i'm not actually questioning it, just got curious since we can't figure out where Korg comes in

Just now, PGBQW said:

oh, i'm not actually questioning it, just got curious since we can't figure out where Korg comes in

Either the D2C set or the summer wave, simple as that :purrr:

9 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

That's fine. But that's not how the movie was received. It was very successful at the box office and was very well reviewed, so the idea that it was the reason the Lego kit failed is a major stretch. Especially when the majority of people do not read comics in the first place.

That's why I used "IMHO" in the first X-Men reply. Box office numbers are one thing, satisfying existing fans is quite another. The X-Jet set, which is what started this, was based largely existing cartoon material, meaning part of the target audience was existing fans. And I think you are vastly underestimating comics readership.

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, its just fun to especulate

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Believe me or don’t believe me. In this case it’s not guess work

Not about believing you or not I’m just asking why you can’t just say what you know? 

4 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Not about believing you or not I’m just asking why you can’t just say what you know? 

I guess that if they say anything too soon it can be tracked back to them/their source

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

That's why I used "IMHO" in the first X-Men reply. Box office numbers are one thing, satisfying existing fans is quite another.

If existing fans had the power to make the X-Jet flop, that should have been irrelevant since the set was unconnected to the movie. There's no connection.

And I think you are vastly underestimating comics readership.

I'm not. The Lego kits are aimed at a mainstream audience. And the mainstream audience is far bigger than hardcore comic readers. Even in the absolute heyday of the comic industry, the audience of a blockbuster movie still absolutely dwarfed the number of people buying even the best selling comics. The same mainstream audience that, by all measurable accounts, was perfectly fine with the DOFP movie. You're projecting your personal dislike onto something unrelated.

Edited by Battlinpanther

Oh boy back to the bickering.

Falconfan is one of the best Lego Leakers out there, why do you feel the need to badger him for more info. We'll find out in due time.

Fantastic Four were shot down, but no comments on my other ideas.... expanded Sanctum incoming? :laugh:

Edited by nintendude64

10 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

Oh boy back to the bickering.

Falconfan is one of the best Lego Leakers out there, why do you feel the need to badger him for more info. We'll find out in due time.

Fantastic Four were shot down, but no comments on my other ideas.... expanded Sanctum incoming? :laugh:

What’re you on about? I asked a question....

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Believe me or don’t believe me. In this case it’s not guess work

I trust what you are saying as factual. I'd just prefer if the information being relayed helped focus discussion or speculation.

19 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

why do you feel the need to badger him for more info. We'll find out in due time.

No bickering here :purrr: 2021 is an odd years for film related Lego and at the moment the other themes are getting details about sets or leaked images (Sometimes even official images) and all we have are prices, generalised themes, a potential situation of more delays due to most of them being film associated and a single minifigure helmet that we are unsure which of the many sets it belongs to.

I cannot speak for others, but personally I am at the point where I'd like to be able to focus the speculation and discussion towards information we are aware of. Korg being in any of those sets is a lot of potential for discussion, but arguably that'd spiral out of control, this thread has already ended up talking about Ships, Asgard, Infinity Gaunlets, Endgame, Legacy theme, etc... We need something more to ground this in 2021 set discussion rather than just a wishlist and at the same time promote discussion during the current lapse of information :tongue:

If we get nothing revealed because NYTF was cancelled and the D2C is not revealed Feb 17th for a release in March/April then our next new sets are in May and those are movie associated and could be delayed (Shang Chi sets & Carnage Helmet) which would mean our next new sets would be June. I cannot see the topic really lasting without leaks or speculation/discussion that can be gathered from them. Especially as Disney seems reluctant to tease more than the Disney+ shows and as far as we know we are only getting a singular set from those in August.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

True, and as others have said, it is fun to speculate :purrr:

I'm hoping that Feb 17th provides us the D2C reveal so we can spend until March discussing it, analysing it and trying to figure out how it is made. Then March/April to play/modify it to tide us over until we get some descriptions or information about the Shang Chi sets or the Carnage Helmet in May... or we get a hint towards the Summer wave.

Edited by Scarilian

So Keanu Reeves is possibly invited to play Kraven? It is at times like these that I wish Lego could have done much more with the Marvel theme than just Venom, Carnage, mechs, trucks, and helicopters

If @Falconfan1414 (or any other reliable leaker) can't say something about the upcoming sets, it's not because they don't want to tell or want to keep you guessing - they just can't for the time being, for their own sake or their source's sake.

So could you just patiently wait until he's able to give us this information?

9 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Factory leaks can come from any stage of the factory production of the piece. The first Hulkbuster D2C leaks came in the form of the dome piece which leaked such a long time prior to release that many dismissed it as being fake.

Remember the original release dates for these films and possible set release dates as such:

• Eternals (November 2020) - Sets October?
  • Shang Chi (February 2021) - Sets January/February?
  • Doctor Strange 2 (May 2021) - Sets May/June?
  • Spider-man 3 (July 2021) - Sets June/July?
  • Thor 4 (November 2021) - Sets October?

I don't see how Lego would have adapted Eternals, Shang Chi and Spider-man 3 into sets with intent to release on those dates without adapting Doctor Strange 2 also and starting work on Thor 4.

Could you just stop arguing about this?

Not only FalconFan confirmed that's not true at all, but also that's nearly impossible - that movie was delayed April last year. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not only FalconFan confirmed that's not true at all, but also that's nearly impossible - that movie was delayed April last year. 

FalconFan confirmed that the Korg helmet/head piece is not part of Thor 4, I missed that before. Spider-man 3 was delayed to November 2021 in April 2020 also, taking the spot of Doctor Strange 2, yet production of the Lego sets (At least the $19.99 ones) seems unaffected as they were at one stage listed for mid year release.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So could you just patiently wait until he's able to give us this information?

People have gotten quite confused over the Korg situation even you asked them and got no response, we had some remarks hinting it would not be the D2C, then some remarks saying how people were jumping on it being the D2C, then dismissing Thor (Admittedly missed this) and dismissing Thor 4    , then dismissing it being from Shang Chi. As others have pointed out, this has whittled down the list considerably so the options are then:

• Retailer exclusive
  • Minifigure pack
  • Polybag
  • CMF
  • NYTF/Similar exclusive
  • Summer sets

As far as I can tell most, if not all, of these options have been dismissed due to a lack of set information such as price or number (Retailer Exclusive, Minifigure pack), exclusivity of the figure (Polybag, NYTF/Exclusive) or length of time between the leak and a potential release (CMF, Summer sets)

Clearly something is incorrect as we've ruled out every viable option - hence why I'm asking for clarity - not out of a desire to rush information, but simply to confirm information that has already been relayed by FalconFan and hopefully to shed light on the situation.

The passive-aggresivity here is amazing, take it easy people, its just toys.

6 hours ago, hvader said:

So Keanu Reeves is possibly invited to play Kraven? It is at times like these that I wish Lego could have done much more with the Marvel theme than just Venom, Carnage, mechs, trucks, and helicopters

While I would usually agree with your statement, I can't really see lego making an interesting set based on Kraven.

Then again, if I could think about a great idea for a set I'd be submitting it to lego ideas.

What would you like to see on a Kraven movie? (Genuinely asking, I don't know that much of the character)