Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On another note does anyone know when the Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus is going to be discontinued? The diliphosaurus set went out of stock before I could get it so I don’t want to miss my chance with this other set 

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

On another note does anyone know when the Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus is going to be discontinued? The diliphosaurus set went out of stock before I could get it so I don’t want to miss my chance with this other set 

The only set on the EOL list for 2021 is the Baryonyx set from 2019 so I'd expect this set to be on shelves until the Dominion sets come out, maybe longer.

Edited by lego_guyon02

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The only set on the EOL list for 2021 is the Baryonyx set from 2019 so I'd expect this set to be on shelves until the Dominion sets come out, maybe longer.

That’s great news! I was surprised by how early some of the other 2019 sets were discontinued which made me not want to miss the Indominus. Hopefully the longer shelf life means it’ll be easier to find for a discount 

Do we yet have any information if Godzilla will be in one of the sets? Since she is a dinosaur-like person, it would fit into the line. How tall do you guys and gals think she would be?

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Do we yet have any information if Godzilla will be in one of the sets? Since she is a dinosaur-like person, it would fit into the line. How tall do you guys and gals think she would be?

Nothing yet. We do have dinosaur names for the sets: Stygimoloch, Velociraptor (presumably), Carnotaurus, and Baryonyx. A molded Godzilla would be awesome some day, though! I presume you've watched Godzilla vs. Kong?

So I went to my local Lego Store the other day and found loads of Lego sets reduced! There were fairly big sales on Ninjago, Monkey King... and one solitary set from the Lego Jurassic World 2019 wave!! 

I'm actually in disbelief that I managed to get the Lego Baryonix set for £40, though I'm saving building it for when I have a week off work next week :moar:

Has there been a case when Lego have reused the same printed dino over two separate waves/years? Because I'm curious if a Baryonix in the boat set is reused or not (the grey and blue printing of the 2019 looks amazing just from the box pictures)

3 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Has there been a case when Lego have reused the same printed dino over two separate waves/years? Because I'm curious if a Baryonix in the boat set is reused or not (the grey and blue printing of the 2019 looks amazing just from the box pictures)

Only in Juniors sets.

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

1. That will never, ever happen.

2. What does this have to do with JW?

7 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Those Juniors sets with the 'Don and Rex in 2018 and several occasions with the baby dinosaurs. Other than that, I don't think Lego would try something like that.

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I’m actually baffled that this is the second time someone has asked this question in this thread. Really not trying to be rude but come on. “Will Godzilla be in a Jurassic World set?” Really?

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m actually baffled that this is the second time someone has asked this question in this thread. Really not trying to be rude but come on. “Will Godzilla be in a Jurassic World set?” Really?

It does sound pretty rude, considering that he was asking a legitimate question. He may not know if it is unrealistic or not, so it is perfectly fine if he asks it. I don't think it is anyone's place to harass or call someone out for asking that.

On a different note, if these sets are for CC, is it likely we may get a detailed color scheme for a possible Toro, Limbo, and Chaos?

1 minute ago, pancakecrocodile said:

It does sound pretty rude, considering that he was asking a legitimate question. He may not know if it is unrealistic or not, so it is perfectly fine if he asks it. I don't think it is anyone's place to harass or call someone out for asking that.

On a different note, if these sets are for CC, is it likely we may get a detailed color scheme for a possible Toro, Limbo, and Chaos?

Was it really a legitimate question though? Was it? Say this out loud and then tell me it’s a legitimate question- “Will Godzilla come in a Jurassic World set?”

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Was it really a legitimate question though? Was it? Say this out loud and then tell me it’s a legitimate question- “Will Godzilla come in a Jurassic World set?”

Whoo! I think we are getting a bit off-topic here. I do think he was asking a legitimate question based on his understanding of Jurassic World sets. He may not completely understand.

Let's get back to Lego JW topic.

5 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

He's not being rude at all, nor is he harassing anyone. Asking when Godzilla is going to show up in a Jurassic World set is basically the same as asking when Iron Man and Captain America will show up in a Star Wars set. Now this may very well be some sort of joke but if it isn't then this is a textbook example of a dumb question.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

He's not being rude at all, nor is he harassing anyone. Asking when Godzilla is going to show up in a Jurassic World set is basically the same as asking when Iron Man and Captain America will show up in a Star Wars set. Now this may very well be some sort of joke but if it isn't then this is a textbook example of a dumb question.

Exactly. I’m not convinced they weren’t just trolling. But just in case

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Exactly. I’m not convinced they weren’t just trolling. But just in case

Trollers certainly are the worst. Yeah, it is infinitely unrealistic, but I will respect his question and was trying to be light-hearted about it. I do think this may be getting a bit off-topic, though.

2 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Trollers certainly are the worst. Yeah, it is infinitely unrealistic, but I will respect his question and was trying to be light-hearted about it. I do think this may be getting a bit off-topic, though.

Fair enough. So which set (judging by the names) are you personally most looking forward to seeing images of?

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So which set (judging by the names) are you personally most looking forward to seeing images of?

$30 Fossil Escape. 

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

$30 Fossil Escape. 

That one intrigues me too simply because we don’t know for sure what dino could be in it. Obviously we can take educated guesses, but the rest have a dinosaur in the name. Even though this mentions a T-Rex, it’s obvious that a Rex won’t be in a $30 set

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Fair enough. So which set (judging by the names) are you personally most looking forward to seeing images of?

Hmm... that's a tough one. I am looking forward to seeing what 76942 will look like, since Baryonyx is my favorite dinosaur (albeit several innaccuracies) that Lego has made so far. The PP ratio is very low for the price, so that kind of lowers my expectations, but I can see Lego's pricing of that with a large molded boat. 76941 sounds pretty neat; getting a Carno for $50 sounds reasonable. I wonder if we'll see some new molds, judging by the PP ratio, or just a very small build (like a vehicle). 76940 has a lot of potential, as we could see a new Blue coloration (or a completely new raptor coloration). 76939... nope. So I'd have to say 76941, just because I want to know if Carno will have new molds. But I'd have to agree with lego_guyon02, my favorite is 76940.

ok sorry for trolling; usually not my thing - now I feel bad about it :pir-murder:

- but thank you anyway for your beaviour. Sometimes there are indeed people amongst us "experts" who are young or not too familiar with the subject at hand so it is always nice to see this kind of helpful and open communication from this community, instead of immediately jumping the shark. Naja - sorry again.

1 minute ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

ok sorry for trolling; usually not my thing - now I feel bad about it :pir-murder:

- but thank you anyway for your beaviour. Sometimes there are indeed people amongst us "experts" who are young or not too familiar with the subject at hand so it is always nice to see this kind of helpful and open communication from this community, instead of immediately jumping the shark. Naja - sorry again.

No problem: water off a duck's back! You're always welcome here! Feel free to message any of us if you have questions related to anything else. :classic:

So what is your favorite set by the sound of the names?

11 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

No problem: water off a duck's back! You're always welcome here! Feel free to message any of us if you have questions related to anything else. :classic:

So what is your favorite set by the sound of the names?

Due to lack of money and space I rather sell Lego instead of purchasing ;)
But I always admire sets from afar and have a big fascination for dinosaurs and therefore new prints and molds. That being said, even the builds were quite nice in the last wave I think.

So far I didn't understand though if we get a new dinosaur mold?

2 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Due to lack of money and space I rather sell Lego instead of purchasing ;)
But I always admire sets from afar and have a big fascination for dinosaurs and therefore new prints and molds. That being said, even the builds were quite nice in the last wave I think.

So far I didn't understand though if we get a new dinosaur mold?

That's perfectly fine! Sorry if I offended you at all!

Nothing about the dinosaurs themselves is known, although we may see a new Carnotaurus mold, judging by the prices for that set.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So which set (judging by the names) are you personally most looking forward to seeing images of?

Either T-rex Fossil Escape or Carnotaurus  Chase.