Captain Nemo

Disney Properties 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Who asked for that?! Who asked for transparent geometric shaped diamond dresses Lego?! Who asked?! Name names damnit! :blush:

Yeesh. There just always has to be something wrong with these princess sets. Whatever, I’m gonna buy it anyways, but I’m not happy about it. :sadnew:

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

Who asked for that?! Who asked for transparent geometric shaped diamond dresses Lego?! Who asked?! Name names damnit! :blush:

Yeesh. There just always has to be something wrong with these princess sets. Whatever, I’m gonna buy it anyways, but I’m not happy about it. :sadnew:

Princessy little girls, probably. 😂

Not sure I get what the thought behind the design was. Was a special piece to store just the upper half of a minidoll seriously what the customers were clamoring for?

Dresses are a slight disappointment but the actual set looks super gorgeous. Definitely picking up. With Tiana and Merida returning, I hope Snow White will soon follow.

More disappointed with the Frozen sets. Courtyard facades are lame.

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait is there a new tiger mold??

Yes! New adult tiger for Rajah, Jasmine's pet tiger. It looks rounded and Friendsy as one would expect, but still quite nice.

3 hours ago, strangely said:

Not sure I get what the thought behind the design was. Was a special piece to store just the upper half of a minidoll seriously what the customers were clamoring for?

My thoughts exactly. This has got to be one of the oddest play features. Do kids want to carry around an enclosed diamond thing and then go - but look, it's got someone's torso and head inside! Yay!!

The prices on these also continue to confuse me. The Mulan and Jasmine set is a 5+ set, not 4+, but it's priced as badly as a 4+ one. USD $10 more gets you the whole big Madrigal House from Encanto! I get that it contains two big animals and some big parts, but still.

The bigger set with the boxes has a much more usual piece count for its price.

On 11/17/2021 at 9:38 PM, cosmic said:

Glad you agree, think mid sized legs weren’t around for Disney Series 1 but really want Mickey to be released with them sometime down the line.

I agree, its not even in relation to each other, they just look too tall. Especially with the Disney Castle set being clearly based on the theme park, it makes Mickey look like a human in a Mickey costume and not the character himself. Call me crazy but I think he may even need an updated head mold. Somethings a bit off with this one.

Also the Nexo Knights Axel’s torso piece was more armor if anything. I minifig compatible bulk torso piece akin to the one from the Incredibles game has never really released but I sure hope it does some day.

Yes, they were introduced with Harry Potter a bit later. It just bothered me back then already that there were no shorter legs.

I totally agree with the costume feeling... with chip&dale using medium sized ones I think it shows that they arent meant to be costumed characters - just poorly designed ones. The 4+ sets would have been a great chance to make them more accurate to the Comics while keeping the d2c ones as costumes. Hm... In my opinion most of the heads are very nicely done. The only one I don't like that much is Scrooge's.

That would indeed be the best option.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:45 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think long legs may work for Goofy, imo. But medium legs for Mouses and adul Ducks will be great. Same goes with Pooh the Winnie’s legs. I wish Piglet would have a mircofigure, rather than minifigure tho.

I don’t know who is Dscchini? But you forgot about Mr. Incredible from Series 1. This guy awfully looks like Dasher more than Mr. Incredible himself. I guess a new toros mold will do fine. Thank 

Hulk got his own body mold, which it’s perfect. It was really weird seeing Hulk in a nomral minifigure form. 

I think the pig would have been a great figure with a baby body like Grogu.

Sorry :'D I knew Disney always changed lots of names in different languages like Dagobert/Scrooge. I meant Genie. It is pronounced exactly the same as in English while being written quite different xD You are right about him... I wasn't aware of the Incredibles anymore as I am not that invested in them^^' 

Yes xD At least minifig Hulk would be usefull for s brickfilm with Bruce transforming :'D

Edited by Gorilla94

On 12/2/2021 at 11:45 AM, strangely said:

Yeah, I'm a bit baffled by this as well. I would get it if it served a function within the set--for example, if each build could transform into a tiara, with the princess/diamond in the center. My kids are in the target audience for this line, and I don't see them really caring one way or another if the princesses' heads/torsos can be stored inside their dresses. (They'll still love the sets, though.)

And I for one am happy to see Merida make a return here! She looks great with the updated hair!

Haven't seen it mentioned yet but some Toy Story BrickHeadz were leaked - 40552 Buzz and 40553 Woody & Bo Peep. Brickset has images of them.